Information on romance scams and scammers.
#150283 by ladyhawk Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:08 am
Bill Pederson Wernock want to proved that he is one of usa army troops,in his searching I let him know that Bill Pederson Wernock was one of afghanistan prisoner in 1994 that's was killed by security of afghanistan sarposa prison he was try to escape from the prison so he got shoot by sgt tommy kim who was dead in California war in 2008, am trying to use this opportunity to tell you that Bill Pederson Wernock is an terrioust man,so someone is using his photos and his name for scamming people's in the internet and to prove that there are real but there not at all.
Advertisement

#150440 by Bubbles Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:02 am
Welcome to ScamWarners ladyhawk Please post up the email address the scammer is using to pretend to be Bill Pederson Wernock. It will help others searching to find if they are dealing with a scammer.

We also ask that you not educate a scammer by telling what is wrong with their scam. Doing that only helps them be better at their scamming. Thank you.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#219804 by Canadian Lady Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:16 pm
Hi,

I'm supposedly communicating with a Bill Kelly Wernock, US Army deployed in Afghanistan. He contacted me through Mingle2 online dating website. The email address he's using to communicate directly with me is: [email protected].

His wife was killed in a car crash; he has an 8 year old daughter living in Dallas, Texas with the maid he's hired to take care of her. He is originally from New York, but moved to Texas when he got married.

And yes, he's fallen head over heels in love with me and wants me to give him my phone number so we can talk on the phone. He wants me to contact the Telecom Service to work out the logistics of being able to phone his cell phone. One assumes this is how he will scam me out of my money.

I can't post the pictures he's sent me because I don't have the URL address for them. They were sent as JPEG images.
#219817 by Dotti Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:34 pm
One assumes this is how he will scam me out of my money.

You are absolutely correct. The "Telecom Service" is just the scammer or an accomplice using a different email address. You would be told that you need a special plan (usually a satellite phone plan) in order to communicate with your "soldier." By going this route, the scammer can try to get your money while still pretending that he hasn't asked for money (because, after all, it is the telecom service demanding money, not him.)

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#220614 by Canadian Lady Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:15 am
Well, the request for me to buy satellite telephone time came yesterday. I was to send $423 via moneygram to a Mr. Pickles in Oregon, the satellite phone company's representative. What a joke! Supposedly it was because the military had to be so secretive about connecting soldiers on patrols with their loved ones.

The death of this brave soldier was confirmed via my veteran friend with connections in Military Intelligence.
These people are despicable :bondage:
#222926 by br2328 Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:50 am
I was communicating with Bill Kelly Wernock. He contacted me through Mingle2 also. He gave me the exact story as the one above; only he said he was from California. He said his wife died 12 years ago; which I found kind of wierd because his their daughter is only 8.
he wanted me to send $243 to Telecom Services. When I refused to do that, he said it was ok and continued his sweet talk about wanting to meet me when he got back from afganistan. He said he has been in Kabul for 8 months now and he was hoping to be back by Christmas. A few weeks later, he again asked me about sending money to telecom services. I would have done that even if I did have the money, because I know there are other means of communication between the American soldiers and their family and friends.
But boy, I fell for his sweet talk. THIS IS A SCAM.
EMAIL address he used for me was [email protected]
He also told me to keep all of his information confidential because it can be used against him.

AND CANADIAN LADY: THIS IS FOR YOU- I hope I did this right,
Here is the URL: http://static1.mingle2.com/images/users ... 1409867098
#222927 by Canadian Lady Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:24 am
Yes - that's the bast&d I was communicating with!

Ladies, I have contacted the Mingle2 administration about him and another scammer on their site. They are both still on the MIngle2 site - so beware that Mingle is NOT filtering out these scammers!
#222929 by br2328 Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:19 am
That's a darn shame because he sent me some gorgeous pictures, one even in his fake a-- uniform. He should be ashamed of himself, impersonating a U.S. soldier like that. I wonder if the army is aware of this sort of scam.
#222932 by Dotti Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:41 am
The uniform is not fake. The man in the photos is a real soldier who is very likely married or in a happy relationship. The scammer (who is not American, and is not a soldier) simply stole the photos from the internet and is claiming to be that man.

The army is very aware of this scam and has posted several warnings like this one: http://www.cid.army.mil/romance_scam.html

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.