Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#221948 by AlanJones Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:57 am
From: South African Department Of Mineral And Energy - [email protected]
Reply-to: [email protected]
Other Emails: [email protected] & [email protected]
Tel. No.: +27730371003, +27110469185, +27733632210 & +27115075000

Department of Minerals & Energy

Republic of South Africa.

Dear Good Friend,

Business Partnership

It is my great pleasure to write you this letter of business proposition which will be huge beneficial to both of us in the near future. I find your contact details from the South Africa Exchange Information On-line Service on my personal programmed search on the internet for a reputable company or individual to assist me sincerely & confidential which your information & profiles were very satisfactory, so I decided to contact you promptly.

Within the Department of Minerals & Energy where I work as a Director of Audit and Project Implementation, I have in my possession an overdue payment in US funds. The said fund represent certain percentage of the total contract value executed on behalf of my Department by a foreign contracting firm, which, I the official over-invoiced to the amount of US$35.000, 000.00 (Thirty Five Million US Dollars). Though the actual contract cost has been paid to the original contractor, leaving the excess balance unclaimed.

As we approach end of financial year the Government is determined to pay off all foreign contractors all debts owed, so as to maintain good relationship with foreign governments and non-government agencies, we included our bills for approvals with the Department of Finance and the South Africa Reserve Bank (SARB). I am seeking your assistance to front as beneficiary of the unclaimed funds, since by work ethic are not allowed to operate foreign accounts.

Details and change of beneficiary information upon application for claim to reflect payment and approvals will be secured on behalf of you/your Company. I have to propose that should you be willing to assist me in this transaction your share as compensation will be (35%), and the balance of (60%) will be for me and (5%) will be set aside to defray all expenses incurred during the course of this transaction.

Every aspects of this deal is completely safe and secure, provided you treat it with Utmost confidentiality. It does not matter whether you/your Company does contract projects here or not, as a transfer of powers will be secured in favor of you/your Company. Also, your area of specialization is not a hindrance to the successful execution of this transaction. I have reposed my confidence in you and hope that you will not disappoint me.

I await your urgent response soon whilst thanking you for your anticipated co-operation. Please try contacting me through this email Address: [email protected] for more details and with all your particulars.

Regards,

Engr. George Mguni.

(DME, RSA).
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#221949 by AlanJones Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:58 am
From george mguni - [email protected]

This fund was as a result of an over invoiced contract which was awarded to a foreign company by the South African department of Minerals & Energy. I want to use your facility to claim and receive this fund for investment purpose and I intend to work with you, by presenting you as the fund beneficiary. You will be entitled to 30% of the fund and please understand that this business is 100% risk free and the funds will be transferred into your nominated account through the South African banking channel. The department has already paid the company that executed this contract and we want to use your facility to claim and receive the over invoiced amount by presenting you/your company as the beneficiary to this fund.

All protocols will be observed and legal documents will be secured from all the departments involved with all the original documents sent to you for your perusal and record.

Details will be discussed when I receive your confirmations and interest to work with me as partners. It is my intentions to invest this fund into a profitable business and I am hoping that with your directions, I will achieve this goal. The first step is to move this money into a safe account before we can then put heads together and invest it well.

Note, I am the Director and head of contract and Implementation department and I intend to use my position to assist in the procurement of the original contract document.

Regards,
Engr.George Mguni.
Tel:+27730371003.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#222039 by AlanJones Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:40 pm
Greetings and thank you very much for your prompt response.

You are not going to encounter any tax difficulties or illegal problems as a result of your participation in this project. Like I stated in my last mail that this fund was as a result of an over invoiced contract which was awarded to a foreign company through my department. This contract has already been executed and commissioned and due to our positions with the department, we can not claim the funds on our own and for this reason, we require partnering with an outsider to be presented as beneficiary.

We will secure the necessary documents that will facilitate the release and transfer of funds to your nominated account. The government of South Africa has already approved this fund for payment through the finance department. All that is required is to present you/your company as the beneficiary to the fund and secure a fund release approvals on your behalf to facilitate the fund release and transfer. With all the necessary documents, the bank will transfer this fund through the South African banking channel into your nominated account.

We will appoint a lawyer that will represent you/your company in processing the necessary logistics and secure the necessary documents that will facilitate this project. I will introduce you to this lawyer and with your instructions, the lawyer will secure these documents through all the department involved and subsequently follow up with the bank transfer. All the original contract details will be given to the lawyer to work with while we use our positions to secure the necessary release approvals from our department. Once these approvals are issued, the department will send copies of these approvals to the
Reserve bank of South Africa nominating you/your company as beneficiary. The Reserve bank will now issue final transfer approvals to the commercial bank that will affect the funds transfer, this project is 100% risk free and all the necessary documents will be forwarded to you for your perusal and record.

Regarding the issue of tax, we understand that tax payment on the fund when it is finally transferred to your account and we have decided to set aside 5% of the funds to cover all miscellaneous expenses incurred during the course of this project. This includes the taxation on the funds as well as any other expenditure.

I have discussed in details with the lawyer who will work with us in this project and act as the representative to the beneficiary. He will contact you with details of the procedures and requirements that will facilitate the procurement of all documents that will lead to the fund release and transfer.

I wait for your immediate reply while I instruct the lawyer to prepare the release applications, please see attached copy of my international passport.

Regards,
Engr.George Mguni.
Tel: +27730371003

#222145 by AlanJones Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:40 am
From mbuli Assc. - [email protected]

Sir,

Let me use this opportunity to introduce myself. I am Mr. Lazarus Mbuli, Esq. The principal counsel to Pure Vision Attorneys. Our office is located at No. 125 Commissioner Street, Central Johannesburg. I wish to intimate you on the procedures to actualize the transfer.

Following the Authentication of the brief (US$35million) been held by the First National Bank of South Africa, a fixed deposit made by Department of Mineral and Energy, I have made official application for claim which the bank has reiterated on the need to provide a formal claim letter from my firm and a bank account which should be authorize to the transfer as a contractual amount, whilst Mr. George Mguni may wish you can represent him since he has no intention of investing the fund in South Africa due to the huge Tax demands, and other implications as he’s still active in the department.

As I told Mr. Mguni during our meeting last week on how to make the remittance, there are some documents that are need for a successful transfer. The most important document is the Department of Finance of South Africa authorization. This is also international clearance permit cum authorization payment order that will necessitate the remittance without much hassle from the authorities at your end, especially in terms of any hitch on the source of fund.

I have already submitted the detail plan for approval to the bank director I mentioned to Mr. Mguni. The director is in charge of the foreign transfer, and he has already formalized arrangements to show that the transfer is the payment for a project you executed here. This is to proof that the fund is for a genuine transaction.

Furthermore, our verification and confirmation of the within named depository co-ordinates upon which Mr. Mguni sought our services. Be informed our law firm is willing to represent you or your company in signing the fund documents in your favour upon the receipt of the following:

1) The details of your existing bank account information under your control is needed for the processes, approvals of the fund for an immediate transfer to your favour, .

2) Detail plans you have for Mr. Mguni’s Investments in your country or under your auspices and supervision as you already have in mind for her once every aspect of the transfer is been remitted successful before his arrival to meet up with you.

Immediately all these documents are arranged and my confirmation of the receipt of the above requested information from you, I will sign all documents relating to the fund transfer on your behalf, as your attorney, but, you will have to issue a Power of Attorney to me, before the bank can allow me to represent you. I want you to know that under the South African Transfer Laws and Provisions, all these documents mentioned above has to be endorsed and ratified by the Ministry of Justice, confirming them as genuine and authentic transfer documents, which must be accepted by all financial institutions.

You can call me for further clarification or you can send your direct telephone number.

Yours in service,

Mr. Lazarus Mbuli, Esq.
Tel: +2773 363 2210

Same email also sent from Lazarus Mbuli - [email protected]

#222176 by AlanJones Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:54 am
Dear XXX,

Thank you very much for your mail confirming your interest in partnering with me in this project, the lawyer told me that he has already made contact with you.

I urge you to work together with the lawyer and adhere to his directives to ensure a smooth and safe transfer of funds to your nominated account. As regards to the contract details, I will furnish the lawyer with the necessary information that will facilitate the procurement of all the required documents.

Due to my position with the department, the lawyer will answer to you directly so as to alleviate any inquiries on my side. It is important that we keep the required confidentiality required in this project.

You will keep me updated with development and information received from the lawyer.I will require your direct contact telephone numbers for easy communication between us.

Regards,
Engr.George Mguni.

#222329 by AlanJones Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:07 am
Sir,

Sequel to your response, I will need a Power of Attorney in order for me to work on your behalf in processing all the legal documents, and documents that will aid for the successful transfer into your nominated bank account, else you still have the choice if you want to travel over here to undertake the matter by yourself. If you cannot make the trip down here, do find the draft copy of the power of attorney, then include your details on the spaces provided under your company’s letter headed paper, and endorse with your signature and, attached to my email or facsimile.

POWER OF ATTORNEY

I, ……………….. (your name and your address)………………. herein authorize Barr. Lazarus Mbuli of Pure Vision Attorneys, office address at #125 Commissioner Street , Central Johannesburg , South Africa to obtain:

1) The authorization clearance certificate

2) An Oath Affidavit from the Supreme Court of South Africa for the legal backing, for the transfer of funds (US$35million).

3) Other necessary and pertinent legal documents and advice for the transfer of funds held by the First National Bank of South Africa

For onward transfer to …………………….. (Your banking details info)…………

This power of attorney can be withdrawn at any time by email notification to Barr. Lazarus Mbuli.

Date October 9th, 2014

Signed (by you)

Endeavour to send this information soonest.

Yours in service,

Mr. Lazarus Mbuli, (Esq.)

#222497 by AlanJones Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:13 am
Sir,

Received the power of attorney, and I will like to have your confidential telephone number as I will like to have some few words with you. A

Thanks!

Mbuli, Esq.

#222947 by AlanJones Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:53 am
Sir,

Find the attached files and do download it and get back to me immediately.

Yours in service,

Mr. Lazarus Mbuli, Esq.

Attachment

PURE VISION ATTORNEY S #125 Commissioner Street,
Johannesburg 2001,
Gauteng Province.
Tel: +2711 046 9185
D- Tel: +2773-363-2210
Fax: +2711 507 5000
Our Ref: PVA/RSA/A1958/9
RE: REQUEST FOR LEGAL REPRESENTATION/ENDORSMENT OF FUNDS US$35,000,000.00.
RE: TRANSFER BILL APPROVAL NUMBER: GIL/009/F.C.2/14
As per my finalized consultation with the authorities concern with the fund remittance today, I wish to confirm that I had a meeting with the bank officials that will handle this project this morning. I have already submitted contracting details to the authorities for approval notification, to enable them commence the documentation approval.
An application has to be made in our Department of Finance, to issue the Payment Authorization Order Certificate, in respect of your transaction. This is the document that empowers the bank here to proceed with the mandated steps outlined in our foreign payment provisions Act of 2001, as amended in 2005, in order to complete the transfer credit into your already nominated bank account.
The papers should be ready by Thursday the 16th October 2014. As soon as it is approved to the bank, they will issue an irrevocable payment guarantee, which will securities the fund into your account. There will be also a clearance document from the authorities here, that verifies the legitimacy of the whole process. It shows that the fund is not for money laundering, or any activity that breaches international remittance laws, and on that regards. These documents as soon as it became available will be forwarded to you once they reached my office.
The first step right now, which is the most important, is the registration of the transfer with the Department of Finance and Justice. This step is to enable me sign the relevant papers of transfer on your behalf, as the attorney and representative in the transaction. It is a Power of Attorney, and a reference number will be approved for the bank to grant me access to all the classified information and data. I have already applied with the Notarization and endorsement office. The Affidavit and process will cost US$7,300.00 (Seven Thousand, Three Hundred United States Dollars) as attached with this letter, the form from DOJ.
The reason for the payment is because you will not be required to travel down to South Africa physically. I will undertake the entire task in your respect, and the original documents handed over to me, for onward dispatch to your address. I will ensure that every legal step is adopted in the transfer of the fund to your designated account, and offer professional advice for the success of the project.
The fee has to be settled between now and Monday next week to enable the Department of Finance releases the Authorization and other essential papers to the bank. The transfer to your nominated account will be executed on Tuesday the 21st October 2014, and the credit into your account could be 2-3 days thereafter.
The fee cannot be deducted from the principal sum because the fund is presently under securitization in the bank vaults, and the transfer laws imposed an insurance cover on the payment until it is credited to the beneficiary’s account Oversea. This measure is to militate against the diversion of the money to unauthorized person or bank account.
You should contact me to provide you with the details to transfer the fees. If, you do have any question, please do not hesitate to reach me on my direct line above.
Signed sealed and Delivered by Email
For and on behalf of Pure Vision Attorneys ...............................
Within named or for and on behalf of the beneficiary: XXX
PRINCIPAL PARTNER ADVOCATE. MR. LAZARUS MBULI (ESQ.), DEREK OGG HOOKS CLERK ASSOCIATES C. LAMNE, ROSE LYNN (MRS), SHERMA PATEK(MS)

#222948 by AlanJones Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:58 am
Dear XXX,

Compliments of the day.

I write to confirm development on the project after speaking with the lawyer over the weekend. It is important that you work with the lawyer as regards to securing the necessary documents that will facilitate the release and transfer of funds to your designated account.

I was looking forward to your mail intimating me on the developments, please understand that due to my position with the department that I will not be directly involved with the lawyer so as to maintain the confidentiality required in this project. We are on the agreement that whatever expenditures incurred during the course of this project will be repaid through the 5% of the fund.

It is very important that you keep me updated with developments.

Regards,
Engr.George Mguni.

#222949 by AlanJones Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:59 am
Sir,

Tried to call you earlier around noon and it seems you were busy.

Herewith the names of the firm’s secretary listed below and I do encourage you to effect the transfer through Western Union Money Transfers, an affiliate to Thomas Cook near you. It’s more easier way to transfer money and bear in mind the vital documentation of the transfer should be ready by Thursday, paying the obligation through Western Union Money Transfers is faster. The payment should be made promptly to enable us to finalize the transfer procedures with the appropriate authority(s) on the time frame scheduled for this transfer.

Name: Mr. Egwin, Ugochukwu Kenneth
Address: #13 Church Street, Northriding, Johannesburg, South Africa.

Kindly confirm the receipt of this message and endeavour to do the needful soonest.

Yours in service,

Mr. Lazarus Mbuli, Esq.

#222950 by AlanJones Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:59 am
Sir,

The reason behind money transfers is to save time as the account details may take more two days to confirm.

Herewith the under listed bank information of our consolidated receiver’s agent bank.

Bank Name: NEDBANK of South Africa
Beneficiary: Rand Bureau De Change (Pty) Ltd.
Account number: 1027810578
Branch Code: 198765
Swift Code: NEDSZAJJ

Kindly confirm the receipt of this message.

Yours in service,

Mr. Lazarus Mbuli, Esq.

#223031 by AlanJones Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:02 am
Attn: XXX,

Compliments of the day and thank you very much on your update.
The lawyer confirmed that all logistics are taking shape and hoping that within the space of little time, he will secure the necessary documents.

I am very happy with the developments and like I stated in my last mail regarding any expenditure(s) that might be incurred during the course of the project. You ensure that you keep records of every cent you put into this project because all has to be repaid through the 5% of the fund.

My department will issue the release application immediately once the file is submitted; I will push for the release through my desk. I am very happy with the way you are handling the whole process with the lawyer, he is definitely the best to work with as regards to this project.

Kindly forward you direct contact telephone number, I am hoping that we can discuss directly through telephone some times.

Regards,

Engr.George Mguni.

Tel:+27730371003

#223304 by AlanJones Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:21 am
Sir,

I wish to drop these few lines for you to reiterate to you concerning any impending delays from your part as the bank has already schedule your transfer to be effected on Monday the 20th of October 2014, and any delays prior to this date may not be appreciated by the bank. I urge you to expedite towards making the required payment soon.

Yours in service,

Mr. Lazarus Mbuli, Esq.

#223344 by AlanJones Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:35 am
Sir,

I just can't uderstand your message, does it mean the deal is off?

Yours in service,

Barrister L. Mbuli

#223482 by AlanJones Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:03 am
Dear XXX,

Good day sir.

The lawyer told me that he has been waiting for response regarding confirmation on the required payment, please note that my office is ready to approve the fund release on your behalf.

Further delay might jeopardize this project as the application for the fund release could not be approved due to this delay.
I urge you to contact the lawyer immediately so as to expedite the process.

Regards,
Engr.George Mguni.
Tel: +27730371003.