Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#218639 by Michelle Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:03 am
AirBnb Inc. <[email protected]> sent by [email protected]
Dear Michelle Banks

The landlord Mr. Christopher David Maes was today at our office in London to start the transaction of renting the apartment located in: 222 Riverfront Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 4V9, Canada. We verified the apartment documents and the Landlords ID everything is legit, so we started the transaction.

Right now the rental package (keys and documents) is in our company's custody.

We had attached the RENTAL AGREEMENT document, please download it and read it carefully, you will find there, all information regarding this transaction.

The next step of the transaction is to make the deposit to our company's bank account. You have 24 hours to make the deposit from the moment you receive this email or the landlord is extra charged.

You need to deposit the first month rent and damage deposit, an total of $1440CAD.

Here are our bank account details:

Bank Name: WBK BANK
Bank Address: UL.DROBNERA 38,50-257 WROCLAW, POLAND
Account holder: AIRBNB
Company Address: UL NOWODWORSKA 5/29,54-433,WROCLAW, POLAND
Account number: PL 61 1090 2402 0000 0001 2402 3406 (Most important!!!)
BIC/Swift: WBKPPLPP

The deposit will be sent to our bank account in Poland, because there is our main office in Europe and all the financial transaction was to go there.

Please write down the motivation for which you are sending the money : "NUMBER 00N057183C1 FROM Anna McKenzie".

After you make the deposit please send us an email with an copy of the bank receipt, just reply to this email. (a photo made with your phone will be accepted)

In no more than 3 to 5 days after you make the deposit, the rental package will arrive at your address!

If you need help or more information regarding your transaction please Click for Live Support:

Advertisement

#219264 by Michelle Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:52 am
[email protected] sending from [email protected]

Please make the deposit to the following bank account as soon as possible:

Bank Name: CITI BANK
Bank Address: UL POWSTANCOW 7A, 53-322 WROCLAW, POLAND
Account holder: BORIEGA VICTOR - AIRBNB
Company Address: UL GRUNWALDZKA 37/12, 50-356 WROCLAW, POLAND
Account number: PL30 1030 0019 0109 8501 0061 0607 (Most important!!!)
BIC/Swift: CITIPLPX

This is an premium bank account, and we will receive your deposit faster, Mr. Boriega is our payments representative agent.

After you make the deposit please send us an copy of the bank receipt by replying to this email.

Waiting your reply after everything is done from your part.

If you need help or more information regarding your transaction please Click for Live Support:

http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... qenxj.html

Thank you,
The AirBnb Team!

AirBnb UK Limited | 100 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6JA, United Kingom | +44 (20) 323 900 92

© 2014 AirBnb Limited All rights reserved. Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing, and service options subject to change without notice.

#222750 by Michelle Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:35 pm
Date: 8 Oct 2014 06:56
Subject: TRANSACTION NUMBER - 00N057183C1

The landlord Mr. Christopher David Lechner was today at our office in London to start the transaction of renting the apartment located in: 566 Yates Street, Victoria, BC V8W 1Y8, Canada. We verified the apartment documents and the Landlords ID everything is legit, so we started the transaction.

Right now the rental package (keys and documents) is in our company's custody.

We had attached the RENTAL AGREEMENT document, please download it and read it carefully, you will find there, all information regarding this transaction.

The next step of the transaction is to make the deposit to our company's bank account. You have 24 hours to make the deposit from the moment you receive this email or the landlord is extra charged.

You need to deposit the first month rent and damage deposit, an total of $1300CAD.

Here are our bank account details:

Bank Name: BARCLAYS BANK
Bank Address: 8/10 WEST END ROAD, SOUTHAMPTON, SO18 6BS, UNITED KINGDOM
Account holder: LIVIU SCUTELNICU - AIRBNB
Company Address: 33 CHANNEL WAY, SOUTHAMPTON, SO14 3JE, UNITED KINGDOM
Account number: GB09 BARC 2079 2900 2546 22 (Most important!!!)
Sort code: 20 79 29
BIC/Swift: BARCGB22

Please write down the motivation for which you are sending the money : "NUMBER 00N057183C1 FROM Michelle Banks".

After you make the deposit please send us an email with an copy of the bank receipt, just reply to this email. (a photo made with your phone will be accepted)

In no more than 3 to 5 days after you make the deposit, the rental package will arrive at your address!

#223693 by wjeff Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:01 pm
Hi all,

I have received the e-mail above as well and unfortunately have already sent in my money wire. I was wondering if anyone else has gone this far and what actions I could take to get my money back?

Thank you.
#223821 by faymimi Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:11 pm
Hey, I did wired the money too! I called my bank and they said the money is gone. it seems like impossible to get money back! I am thinking of other ways. Contact me is you are also a victim!
#223824 by Bryon Williams Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:25 pm
^^Sorry to hear you lost money.

If anyone tells you that they can recover your money it is a scam. The scammer will have you pay advance fees for documents, lawyers, customs and etc. He will have you pay these fees via Western Union, Moneygram or Bank Transfer.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#223834 by Bryon Williams Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:41 pm
Chances of getting your back is very very low. You will need to report it to your Banks Fraud Dept. Tell them you sent money to a fraudulent account.

Please post the email they sent you with the information about what bank account to pay into. Remove any of your personal information. Also please post the email headers.

By posting the receivers bank account information you may help save a future victim.

Also what Country are you in. You may have a source there to report it.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#242198 by Michelle Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:40 pm
[email protected]

Payment method: Bank Wire Transfer!

The Tenant has to send a deposit of $1400CAD (first month rent + damage deposit)

The deposit has to be made to our bank account from Slovakia, because our main office in Europe is in

Slovakia and all our financial transactions have to be made there.

The payment shall be sent to AirBnb bank account:

Bank Name: UNICREDIT BANK SLOVAKIA A. S.

Bank Address: UL.SARATOVSKA 6B,(RUSTICA) 841 02 BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA

Account holder: MAINARDI MARIO - AIRBNB

Company Address: PRIEKOPY 423/20 , 821 08 BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA

Account number: SK80 1111 0000 0013 0401 7009 (Most important!!!)

BIC/Swift: UNCRSKBX

*** If you are using Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) to make the deposit, please contact us via email before you

make the deposit***

When you make the deposit at the reason field, please write down the motivation for which you are sending the

money: “NUMBER 00N057183C1 FROM Michelle Banks

AirBnb is not authorized to forward any funds to the Landlord until the Tenant confirms that the apartment is

matching the description and signs the Lease Agreement.

After the Tenant confirms the acceptance of the apartment, AirBnb will forward the funds to the Landlord within

24 hours.

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice - requesting payment directly into a Bank Account - kindly forward it to me at the address in my signature line and I will report them to the appropriate authorities