Information on romance scams and scammers.
#22522 by Ralph Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:34 am
Name used: Sgt Michael Wells
Email address: [email protected]

IP addresses associated with this scam;
196.46.246.21Nigeria (Lagos)*
216.147.157.30 Satellite Provider
77.220.15.135 Kenya*
196.46.245.21Nigeria (Ado-ekiti)*

Known sites used to find victims;
Facebook
Mate1.com currently using user profile mike012337

Claims;
Currently serving in Iraq
Age 47
Widowed
Has a 5 year old daughter
From Colorado Springs
Mother in nursing home
Father passed away

Aliases involved
Military Satellite Service [email protected]
General Raymond Odierno [email protected]

Currently using this picture

This scammer will find his victims on social networking and dating sites., he will quickly develop a relationship hoping to gain the trust of his victim.

Once he believes trust is established he will try to convince you to pay for a subscription to a Military phone for $450.

If you were to pay this fee he will then move onto the next stage of the scam which is to convince you to send over $2,000 to pay for his leave so he can visit you, he will tell you that the fee is refundable and even provide a fake document to back up his claim.

Everything he will tell you is a lie.

You can view more information on this type of scam by Clicking Here
Advertisement

#22523 by Ralph Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:43 am
Below are the emails that the "satellite phone company" will send:

Dear Subscriber,
Thank you for the inquiry, our service is to provide phoning and Satellite facilities for civilian and Military Personnel.
We specialize in providing global satellite access services. TS2 solutions have been implemented for United States Marine Corps ( USMC ), U.S. Army Corps , Australian Defence Force (ADF), Command of Polish Navy , Special Military Formation GROM, 1st Spe cial Commando Regiment , Polish National Police, Polish National Headquarters of the State Fire Services, Border Guard ( Poland ), World Bank Group , Lockheed Martin Information Technology , Halliburton Energy Services, KBR, General Dynamics Information Technology, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc., L-3 Communications Vertex Aerospace, US Naval Research Laboratory, ITT Corporation Aerospace / Communications Division, Technest Holdings / EOIR Technologies, North Eastern Aeronautical Company (Neany), EchoStorm Worldwide, Jorge Scientific Corporation, Erinys International , Aegis Iraq , Warsaw Stock Exchange , Polish State Railways PKP S.A., University of Warsaw , Reuters, TVP - Polish TV, TVN, Agora, PAP - Polish Press Agency , EuroZet, Nokia Siemens Networks , PTC - Polska Telefonia Cyfrowa, Centertel, Polkomtel, Michelin Poland, BMW - Bayerische Motoren Werke, DaimlerChrysler, Toyota Marki, IBM - International Business Machines Corporation, HP - Hewlett-Packard , Manitowoc Crane Group, Carrefour, Colgate-Palmolive, Comarch, PBG S.A., Prochem S.A., Holowczyc Management, NG2 - New Gate Group, LPP S.A., Big Star Limited, Bank BPH, PKO TFI S.A., PGNiG - Polish Petroleum and Gas Mining, Drill-Lab, MEGAGAZ S.A., SCHMIDT Holding, White&Case, Sun Microsystems , PMM - Polish Medical Mission, UPS - United Parcel Service, Polish Medical Air Rescue and SkyTaxi.
Especially for US Army soldiers we ship VSAT equipment within /5-7 days/ in Afghanistan, Iraq and the Middle East .
We also provide Thuraya Satellite Phones for the Military personnel.
Thuraya products give you the freedom of movement and the ability to stay connected in more than 110 countries in Europe , North, Central Africa and large parts of Southern Africa , the Middle East, Central and South Asia . This means total coverage whether you are in a village, on a mountain or by the coast.

Basic advantages of the Thuraya satellite telephony we provides for the Military are:
Possibility of communicating freely in 110 countries in Europe, North and Central Africa, Asia, and Middle East
Satellite and GSM connectivity in one telephone
Posibility of calling Inmarsat A/B/Mini/ Iridium networks
No prepaid cards needed
Free Thuraya - SG-2520 Handset - Satellite/GSM
Free unlimited calls for Military Personnel after the ($450) registration fee(s) have been remitted
In other to register for our phoning facility, you are advice to provide us with the information below;
YOUR INFORMATION:
- FULL NAME:
-HOME ADDRESS:
- PHONE NUMBER:
- PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER:
MILITARY PERSONNEL INFORMATION:
-NAME:
-MOS:
-LOCATION (COUNTRY WHERE HE/SHE NEEDS THE SERVICE):

Once you provide us with the above information you are no longer anonymous to us.
(We) protect your privacy.. We do not insist you to provide extra personal information than necessary..
All information collected will not be used for any illegal activity
The information is what we are going to use to register you with our service.

Regards,
TS2Dept.
#22524 by Ralph Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:55 am
Dear Subscriber,

We are contacting you again about the phone connectivity. He's confirmed as member of the military in Iraq, but those Taliban and Iraq rebels have been trying to track our line and we need to be careful with them.You are to pay the money to our financial representative in the states because of the Taliban. You are advise to go to any western union outlet nearest to you and send the money.

PAYMENT INFORMATION:

NAME: Jean Teagarden

CITY: Bellaire

STATE: Ohio

Get back to us with the Money reference number (i.e money should be sent via money gram only) and after we confirm your payment we start the phone package proccess immediately please be advice its takes five working day for the delievery.

Regards,
TS2Dept.

Dear Subscriber,

TS2 Satellite Technologies
We specialize in providing global satellite access services.
We specialize in providing global satellite access services. TS2 solutions have been implemented for U.S. Department of State, United States Marine Corps (USMC), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Australian Defence Force (ADF), Command of Polish Navy, Air Force Institute of Technology, Special Military Formation GROM, 1st Special Commando Regiment, Polish National Police, Polish National Headquarters of the State Fire Services, Border Guard (Poland), Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland, Ministry of Sport and Tourism of the Republic of Poland, World Bank Group, Lockheed Martin Information Technology, Halliburton Energy Services, KBR, General Dynamics Information Technology, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc., L-3 Communications Vertex Aerospace, US Naval Research Laboratory, ITT Corporation - Aerospace / Communications Division, ManTech International Corporation, CACI Technologies, ARINC Incorporated, URS Corporation, EG&G Technical Services, Lear Siegler Services, EOD Technology, Technest Holdings / EOIR Technologies, North Eastern Aeronautical Company (Neany), EchoStorm Worldwide, Jorge Scientific Corporation, Erinys International, Aegis Iraq, Office of the Committee for European Integration, American Heart of Poland, Warsaw Stock Exchange, Polish Supreme Chamber of Control, Polish State Railways PKP S.A., University of Warsaw, Reuters, TVP - Polish TV, TVN, Agora, PAP - Polish Press Agency, EuroZet, Nokia Siemens Networks, Telekomunikacja Polska, PTC - Polska Telefonia Cyfrowa, Centertel, Polkomtel, Michelin Poland, BMW - Bayerische Motoren Werke, DaimlerChrysler, Seat - Iberia Motor Company, IBM - International Business Machines Corporation, HP - Hewlett-Packard, Manitowoc Crane Group, Carrefour, Colgate-Palmolive, Comarch, PBG S.A., Prochem S.A., Holowczyc Management, NG2 - New Gate Group, LPP S.A., Big Star Limited, MarcPol S.A., Raiffeisen-Leasing Polska, Bank BPH, PKO TFI S.A., PGNiG - Polish Petroleum and Gas Mining, Drill-Lab, MEGAGAZ S.A., SCHMIDT Holding, White&Case, Sun Microsystems, PMM - Polish Medical Mission, UPS - United Parcel Service, EMPIK, Polish Medical Air Rescue, SkyTaxi and PPPTV Mrówka Cala Jurka Owsiaka.
The premier military telecom service provider in Iraq in Afghanistan
Especially for US Army Soldiers, U.S. Military Personnel, Contracting Officers and DoD Contractors we deliver VSAT equipment to most of all military addresses in Afghanistan, Iraq and the Middle East within 5-7 days.
Newsletter
If you want receive our newsletter please write below your e-mail address:

Thuraya Satellite Phones
Thuraya communication system give you the ability to stay connected in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Dedicated Satellite Services
TS2 provides in the Middle East & North African region following services: two way internet broadband access, VSAT Private Network, broadcasting services, SCPC/SCPC, SCPC/DVB, MESH services, STAR/DAMA, VSAT Mini Hub Solution, VNO and many more...
Congratulations for subscribing to the military satellite phone, You will be allowed to talk to your soldier man within 7 working days.
Military recommendations.
TS2Dept
#22608 by Ralph Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:25 am
Following are some of the emails that will be sent by the scammer pretending to be Michael;

A prayer for you..

At this time of the rising tide,Always remember God is by your side,guiding you through that steep hill,while you let him do his will.Place your burdens in his hands,
though might be as grains of sands,trust in him and he will do the rest,for he alone, knows what is best.

Joke for you...

A large, powerfully-built guy meets a woman at a bar. After a number of drinks, they agree to go back to his place. As they are making out in the bedroom, he stands up and starts to undress. After he takes his shirt off, he flexes his muscular arms and says, "See that, baby? That''s 1000 pounds of dynamite!" She begins to drool. The man drops his pants, strikes a bodybuilder''s pose, and says, referring to his bulging thighs, "See those, baby? That''s 1000 pounds of dynamite!" She is aching for action at this point. Finally, he drops his underpants, and after a quick glance, she grabs her purse and runs screaming to the front door. He catches her before she is able to leave and asks, "Why are you in such a hurry to go?" She replies, "With 2000 pounds of dynamite and such a short fuse, I was afraid you were about to blow!"

Just came back from the patrol,sat on the bed with my short on thinking how it would be to have you lying by my side......

I know the signal sucks but we can get to know more about each other.

Your Army Man
Mike

The embers glowed softly, and in their dim light,
I gazed round the room and I cherished the sight.
My wife was asleep, her head on my chest,
My daughter beside me, angelic in rest.
Outside the snow fell, a blanket of white,
Transforming the yard to a winter delight.

The sparkling lights in the tree I believe,
Completed the magic that was Christmas Eve.
My eyelids were heavy, my breathing was deep,
Secure and surrounded by love I would sleep.
In perfect contentment, or so it would seem,
So I slumbered, perhaps I started to dream.

The sound wasn't loud, and it wasn't too near,
But I opened my eyes when it tickled my ear..
Perhaps just a cough, I didn't quite know, Then the
sure sound of footsteps outside in the snow.
My soul gave a tremble, I struggled to hear,
And I crept to the door just to see who was near.

Standing out in the cold and the dark of the night,
A lone figure stood, his face weary and tight.
A soldier, I puzzled, some twenty years old,
Perhaps a Marine, huddled here in the cold.
Alone in the dark, he looked up and smiled,
Standing watch over me, and my wife and my child.

"What are you doing?" I asked without fear,
"Come in this moment, it's freezing out here!
Put down your pack, brush the snow from your sleeve,
You should be at home on a cold Christmas Eve!"
For barely a moment I saw his eyes shift,
Away from the cold and the snow blown in drifts..

To the window that danced with a warm fire's light
Then he sighed and he said "Its really all right,
I'm out here by choice. I'm here every night.
"It's my duty to stand at the front of the line,
That separates you from the darkest of times.

No one had to ask or beg or implore me,
I'm proud to stand here like my fathers before me.
My Gramps died at ' Pearl on a day in December,"
Then he sighed, "That's a Christmas 'Gram always remembers."
My dad stood his watch in the jungles of ' Nam ',
And now it is my turn and so, here I am.

I've not seen my own son in more than a while,
But my wife sends me pictures, he's sure got her smile.
Then he bent and he carefully pulled from his bag,
The red, white, and blue... an American flag.
I can live through the cold and the being alone,
Away from my family, my house and my home.

I can stand at my post through the rain and the sleet,
I can sleep in a foxhole with little to eat.
I can carry the weight of killing another,
Or lay down my life with my sister and brother..
Who stand at the front against any and all,
To ensure for all time that this flag will not fall.."

"So go back inside," he said, "harbor no fright,
Your family is waiting and I'll be all right."
"But isn't there something I can do, at the least,
"Give you money," I asked, "or prepare you a feast?
It seems all too little for all that you've done,
For being away from your wife and your son."

Then his eye welled a tear that held no regret,
"Just tell us you love us, and never forget.
To fight for our rights back at home while we're gone,
To stand your own watch, no matter how long.
For when we come home, either standing or dead,
To know you remember we fought and we bled.
Is payment enough, and with that we will trust,
That we mattered to you as you mattered to us.."

PLEASE, would you do me the kind favor of sending this to as many
people as you can? Easter will be coming soon and some credit is due to our
U.S service men and women for our being able to celebrate these
festivities. Let's try in this small way to pay a tiny bit of what we owe. Make people
stop and think of our heroes, living and dead, who sacrificed themselves for us.

Mike
#22611 by Ralph Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:42 am
Following are emails from the scammer pretending to be the General;

To:
Sent:
Subject: Re: Ako/e-7/ssgt/michael wells

Re:

The Transit process is free if your soldier man is going for an official assignment or the deployment is over, I want you to know that the Military and the Red Cross will be responsible for this but you are requesting for the Transit process of SSgt. Michael Wells, . The money you will remit to the military will prove that he's not playing any pranks on the Military and your money will be refunded after five working days when he's back to the states, please bear with us,as I have to follow the normal protocol of the military.

You will have to remit $2150 to the military representative in the states. Get back to me with the Money control number and the Transit processing of your fiance will start Immediately and he will be back to the states with seven working days and your money will be refunded to you after five working days in the states.

GENERAL RAYMOND T.. ODIERNO
Multi-National Corps – Iraq
Public Affairs Office, Camp Victory
APO AE 09342

To:
Sent:
Subject: Re: Ako/e-7/ssgt/michael wells

RE:

My name is Gen. Ray Odierno T. Odierno of the US Army. I have been put in-charge of the Transit process of SSgt. Michael Wells, by the Transit Department of the US Army. I promise to guild you through the process to the best of my ability.

You can now proceed with the transit application of your fiance ''SSgt. Michael Wells''.
You should also be aware that, during this transit process, you are going to remit some amount of money to our finance department. This will be return to you as soon as your fiance's safe arrival is confirm. You are advise to fill and submit the attached money back guarantee form.
Once you provide us with this information you are no longer anonymous to us. (We) protect your privacy and we do not insist you to provide extra personal information than necessary.
All information collected will not be used for any illegal activity. The information is what we are going to use in registration of your name with the Military Transit Department.

Regards,

GENERAL RAYMOND T. ODIERNO
Multi-National Corps – Iraq
Public Affairs Office, Camp Victory
APO AE 09342
#22710 by Kath49 Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:55 pm
while I was checking out a address I received from Michael Wells about connecting to a site to have phone contact with him in Iraq..the warning pop up and it was the same name ,the same description of him and the same address to connect to ,that other people had reported. He made contact with me thru Mate 1. His name is Michael Wells he said he is in the army serving in Iraq. The address to connect phone service [email protected] Thank you for the warning.... :beer: :oh-joy:
#22715 by pwwbear Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:40 pm
He does not exist. You are a potential victim of a scam.
#22728 by Ralph Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:03 pm
Hi Kath and Welcome to Scamwarners.

I am glad that you have been saved from this scammer by this report.

Unfortunately there are many scammers out there operating in this way and many are not as fortunate as you have been.

If you have not already done so, please take a look through the Military Scammer information we have posted here.

If you have any information that is different to what we have posted could you please forward it to me or add it yourself, by doing so you may prevent somebody else from losing money to this scam.

Please dont hesitate to ask if you have any questions
#43406 by slujan Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:51 pm
this is his new name now on be naughty site michael richard

Wed, December 29, 2010 1:15:31 AMRe: AKO/E-7/SSGT/MICHAEL
My name is Lieutenant General Charles H. Jacoby, Jr.. of the US Army. I am in-charge of the Transit process of Staff Sergent Michael Richards, by the Transit Department of the US Army. I promise to guild you through the process to the best of my ability.

You can now proceed with the transit application of your fiance ''Staff Sergent Michael Richards''.

You should also be aware that, during this transit process, you are going to remit some amount of money to our finance department. This will be return to you as soon as your fiance's safe arrival is confirm. You are advise to fill and submit the attached leave request form form.

Once you provide us with this information you are no longer anonymous to us. (We) protect your privacy and we do not insist you to provide extra personal information than necessary.

All information collected will not be used for any illegal activity. The information is what we are going to use in registration of your name with the Military Transit Department.

Feel free to ask me any question and i will be glad to assist you.

Yours Faithfully,

Lieutenant General Charles H. Jacoby, Jr.

Commanding General, I Corps/
Commander, Multi­National Corps­Iraq
OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM, Iraq
Unit 91400
APO AE 09342­14

This is the second one

Thu, December 30, 2010 7:40:52 AM*******PROCEED TO PAYMENT
The Transit process is free if your soldier man is going for an official assignment or the deployment is over, I want you to know that the Military and the Red Cross will be responsible for this but you are requesting for the Transit process of Staff Sergent Michael Richard. The money you will remit to the military will prove that he's not playing any pranks on the Military and your money will be refunded after five working days when he's back to the states, please bear with us,as I have to follow the normal protocol of the military.

You will have to remit $1000.00 to the military representative in the states. Get back to me with the Money control number and the Transit processing of your soldier man will start Immediately and he will be back within seven working days and your money will be refunded to you after five working days.
#43412 by Bubbles Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:36 am
Thank you for posting this information slujan and welcome to ScamWarners.

Do you have any other email address for this scammer than [email protected] ?
Have all of your contacts been on the BeNaughty site?
I noticed that the message says that "Michael" is your fiancee. I hope that you have not send any money to this scammer.

We appreciate your contribution to this thread.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#55611 by ATREVIDA Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:47 am
[b][color=#FF0000]Could anyone tell me who this picture? I'm curious ..

This came to me recently. I found a perfect person too ..

I have new photos used by him beyond those posted here ... only with me he used the name Tim Wells and new email: tim.wells_sgt @ yahoo.com

Last edited by ATREVIDA on Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#81075 by khloé Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:15 pm
Hello,

This is an example of the email received with a fake transit application form with the instructions to be followed.

This is to notify you that your details has been received and verified.
Please find attached file with this notification. Transit leave request form for Col. Steve David should be filled out by applicant with the best of their knowledge and current information for processing of your application.
In due process while your Transit Leave Request is being processed for Col. XXX XXX, Please be aware that you are required to make Standard Procedure payment of $1,155(usd) for Notary Stamp Duty for the approval of your leave application.
This is recommended by the US Military Welfare Dept under the act and protocols of the US Military. Also be aware that this is a refundable payment to you by the US Military after confirmation of arrival of the officer at his destination of the address provided by you.

Further proceedings and payment instructions will be forwarded to you when Application form is filled out and received back.

Regards,
Col.Harry c. Glenn,
US Military Welfare&Support.

As well, here is the example of this form:
[url][URL=http://scamwarners.com/main/v.php?id=20120112130449_TransitApplicationFormPage1of2.JPG]Image[/url][/url]

[url][URL=http://scamwarners.com/main/v.php?id=20120112130623_TransitApplicationFormPage2of2.JPG]Image[/url][/url]