Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#133145 by ford458 Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:27 pm
Howdy,John here.
My Grandson received a Citibank Cashier's check for the amount of $2860. He was supposed to keep the $60 and send the $2800 back....He is only 17! I saw in an instant it HAD to be a scam and would not let him cash it. The Routing number is 031100209 the account number is 38762924. These numbers have shown up on other scams already discussed in this forum. I am ah new member and like what I have seen so far....Regards John
Advertisement

#133691 by Bubbles Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:01 am
Please share the email address the scammer was using when he contacted your grandson. People search using email addresses. It is great you didn't fall for it and that you warned him too.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#142345 by began steele Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:24 am
Probably save your time and not report it. There is no trace from gmail so it could be from anywhere. I should rip it up and bin it. QED.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#233621 by harmanc Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:33 pm
My daughter just received a 1950.00 check in the mail with the same routing & account number. She received it in response to applying for a housekeeping job. Obviously the amount is way over. I told her it was a scam. No one gives you that kind of money without doing a thing. The email address that corresponded to her was [email protected].

It was a job posting for a housekeeper on craigslist. Already told my daughter that site is known for scams, especially with jobs.