Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#226746 by zziggo Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:55 pm
I just recently received similar letter by someone else after inquirying on Craigslist:

JR Arts & Sculptures <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for your Interest. Unfortunately the position has already been filled. There's another position available if you are interested. Well, i have gone through your email and am quite impressed, i think you are the right person for this job. I have had a previous personal assistant who had been active for the past 6 months but due to personal sickness, she was unable to continue the job. I need your service in this area because I am constantly out of town and presently in Australia for business trip. I will return back to the States by next month and I will meet you in person to talk about the possibility of making this long term.

YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION:

1)To receive and drop off my mails at your nearby UPS office

2)To pay my bills on my behalf. (3)To do my shopping

4) It is a part time work without affecting your present job because the hours are flexible.

Note: You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content. All expenses and taxes will be paid by me including your weekly salaries. No heavy packages are involved. You will be shopping for Art Materials and it can be done at nearby stores. You will be working 2 - 3 days in a week and the hours are flexible. I offer a sum of $450 per week for these services and you can work where ever you are located. Kindly provide me with your Full name, Complete Mailing Address & Cell Phone if you want to get started by next week until i am back to States. I will be looking forward to receive the information so that it can be processed in next 48 hours.

John R

Tel: +1 (425)-610-6884 USA

Tel: +618 (710)0 1152 Australia

JR Arts & Sculptures

Received another email today 11-10-14:

I am happy to inform you that your position has been confirmed and approved subjected to satisfactory review and verification of your Information. It will be used to mail your first week payment which will include your salary and my shopping fund. I will keep you posted with parcel tracking number soon with set of Instructions on each task you are to perform.

I will contact you via email, text message and call should in case i have an urgent message for you. I want you to be honest with your until i return from Australia. You will start your work soon. I await your response and also email your cell phone number.

Thanks

Mr.John

Best Number to Contact Me: (425)-610-6884 (Roaming to Australia)

JohnRahim Arts & sculptures

Web: http://johnrahimarts.accass.ca/officialwebsite/
Advertisement

#226750 by Bryon Williams Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:29 pm
The scammer may send you a fake check and want you to cash it. Do not cash it.

If you receive a package from him refuse delivery. If you are not home return the package to USPS/UPS or Fedex. Print out the emails received and give them copies also.

He only needed your address to mail the fake check. He may call/text/email to harass and threaten you if you are not compliant. These will be only threats that he can not act out on because he would be arrested.

At this point do not let him know that he is posted here nor that you know he is a scammer. Just ignore him and eventually he will go away.

There is nothing else that can be done to the scammer. He is out of country using a fake name and free Website address.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#227130 by B.Battle Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:23 pm
I received the same exact email, I received the check that you are talking about and knew it was to good to be true. This is a well done scam and almost had me up to the last moment. There were more emails after the reply that made it seem personal and legal. When I asked to learn more about him, he sent me to the site, where I was comforted, but when I attempted to go to the site again a few days later, the site was suspended. that led to finding post on this site.

Glad this site is here so that I can learn that I am not the only one. What should I do with the check that I do have. Should I notify the companies that were involved that someone is using there names to create this scam. or were the companies fake from the beginning.

I will heed your earlier advise and not respond or notify the scammer that. I wish to do what ever I can to expose it and save others from this nonsense.

Any more advise that you can offer would be helpful

Thanks
#227131 by Bryon Williams Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:43 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners B.Battle,

You can give the mailer and check to your banks fraud dept. or the who ever delivered the check. Make sure they get the envelope. Also print out your emails and give them copies.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#231372 by zziggo Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:47 pm
I received another email asking where was his supplies?

I emailed back: No Funds!

Deleted email, now being over a month I get a check by looks like a Fed Ex mailer from a Mueller Construction Co. in CA. For over $1900, nothing else in envelope, it's dated Nov. 7th. Received Dec. 9th, Nothing else in envelope and it was from a different name from Michigan.. Lol

Don't know to call police or who to report this guy to, any suggestions?

Haven't heard from him since the check..

Thanks,
Carol
#231374 by Bryon Williams Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:52 pm
You can give the mailer and check to your banks fraud dept. or the who ever delivered the check. Make sure they get the envelope. Also print out your emails and give them copies.

#233747 by pd5702 Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:49 pm
I replied to a Craigslist post for a server job and got this back last night:

Thanks responding to the job post advert.The available job position is as a Personal Assistant and the details about the position will be explained below.

My name is Benjamin Satterwhite,an Interior Designers, Decorators & Art collector with a large client base and because of my job I'm constantly out of the State. My former Personal Assistant just got married and moved to Canada. If you accept my offer, I will need you to take charge of my mail pick ups and drop offs as well as errand running during your spare time outside of work. The job is flexible so you can do it wherever you are as long as there is a post office in the area. I will pay for the first week in advance to run any errands, and will also have my mails/packages forwarded to a nearby post office where you can pick them from at your convenience.

All errands will be in your city/town so it is not a must you have a car, but if you do it might be a plus. When you get my mails/packages, you will be required to mail them to where I want them mailed too. The content of the packages will be business and personal mails. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me and you are to work for just 2 days per week (3 hours daily). You will be doing this for 3 weeks until I get back to town so we can formally meet and discuss about the possibility of making this arrangement long term if I'm satisfied with your performance.

How much will you charge per week? Am willing to pay $300 weekly including gas and others expenses. That is not a bad offer is it? If you accept this offer please reply with the following details:

Full Name, Physical/Residential contact address, Apt #, Zip Code, Cell number, Home number, Current Occupation,Age,Sex,Bank Name and Available hours.

I will be needing your service immediately, so once the information above is received, I will request your first week payment be mailed to you along with the pay to run errands for me.

Kindly get back soon and have a nice a day.

Regards,
Benjamin Satterwhite
#233749 by Terminator5 Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:08 pm
This is a Money Mule / Reshipping Scam Job . Any checks you receive will be fake and any merchandise you receive will be bought with stolen credit cards . Please post any email addresses and / or telephone numbers that these criminals are using .
Last edited by Terminator5 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel 8 :25