Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#218339 by Mrhobbs Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:55 am
Thanks for the swift response and do as well advise on the least amount you will like to give it away as i am buying this for son and due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it.

As for the payment..i can only pay via the fastest and secure way to pay online(PayPal) here.

I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made...

You can now send me your PayPal email so i can pay in right away and also include your address in your reply.If you don't have a paypal account, you can easily set up one...log on to www.paypal.com.au and sign up its very easy... i would have loved to talk to you on phone but i work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to bad weather, that was why i sent you a text, i even wonder how my message deliver to your phone but for now we can only communicate through the same mailing channel.await your reply asap.

Thanks

Mary
Advertisement

#218341 by AlanJones Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:07 am
Mrhobbs wrote:I have a private courier agent

This confirms that it is a scam.

He'll send you a fake PayPal email saying that the payment has been made and asking you to send money by Western Union to the "courier".

Just delete the emails and don't respond to them.

Please also post all the details he is using (email address phone number he texted from), so that other victims can find them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#236221 by Pez Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:19 am
Yep just got this exact email from Jessica Whiteley Smith. I thought it was weird anyone would want such a mish mash of furniture. Thanks for the heads up!!
#236222 by Bryon Williams Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:21 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Can you please post the email address the scammer used. This will be helpful if someone search by email address.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#236224 by Bryon Williams Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:44 am
Thank you.

If you have any further questions please ask.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/