Information on romance scams and scammers.
#23845 by castello54 Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:59 pm
TS2 phone for military .. I need help with this information because i went on the TS2 web site and it is a working site and you can purchase a sallite phone individually but because he is active military and the military is paying for the phone .. i was told to use this web site. The military information he has given me cks out with what he is saying and its infoirmation the general public would not know.So how do i verify this
is the correct site?
Last edited by castello54 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#23848 by Dotti Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:27 pm
As far as the TS2 site goes: What you posted before was an email address, so I am not sure what site he is sending you to, but there are generally 2 approaches when it comes to these scams:

1) piggyback off a real site. He will send you to a real site for satellite phones, but will give you a contact address or phone number that is not actually connected to the website. If you search the website, you will not find that contact information on the site anywhere. This is the same tactic used as some of the fake charity scammers. For example, they will send you a link to the Red Cross website, but will then ask you to send a donation to [email protected] or some other unrelated address. The site they reference is real, but the money is not going to anyone there.

2) create a fake site. Some scammers actually have fake websites created strictly to fool victims and take money from them. Some of our volunteers specialize in identifying fake websites, collecting evidence, and reporting them to their hosts to be closed down.

If you can post (or send by private message) them emails you have received related to the TS2, we can check this out further for you.

As for the man himself, I believe Enchantress has offered to help you sort through his information and what he has sent you, and I am certainly willing to do the same. Anything that you are not comfortable posting here can certainly be pm'd or emailed to one or both of us, and we will do everything possible to help you to get to the truth.

to what ectreme will these scamers go to get money?

I wish I could tell you that there is some kind of limit as to how far these scammers will go, but there is none. Any time I think I have seen a scammer do the worst possible thing, another comes along and does something worse. I have seen scammers deliberately targeting people with disabilities, people with cancer or other terminal illness, and people who are one step away from foreclosure. The scammer knows this, and just keeps going. I have seen scammers who have told victims to sell their cars, houses, and all of their possessions, claiming that they will soon be together and live happily ever after, only to leave their victims devastated, financially ruined, even suicidal--and a few weeks or a few months later the scammer comes back with a new scam looking for more money! Scammers also won't hesitate to bring a victim's family into the scam. I have seen many scammers who will get on the phone with a victim's child, and convince him or her that he is going to be their new daddy, leaving the child as devastated as the mother, simply because he sees an opportunity to get a few hundred dollars more.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#23980 by castello54 Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:03 am
[email protected] this is the web site i used for contact info..

From xxxo Tue Mar 9 09:06:01 2010
X-YMail-OSG: yvbSQIsVM1mJnOe3HmMlK_xwVn5mENeuzeNJe_mo9OmV.Tw
Removed
Received: from [64.252.115.220] by web82104.mail.mud.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 09 Mar 2010 09:06:01 PST
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/9.2.12 YahooMailWebService/0.8.100.260964
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:06:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Sorry for the replying
To: [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-1946837718-1268154361=:89615"
Content-Length: 9242

Subject: Sorry for the replying
To: xxx
Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 10:42 AM

TS2 Satellite Technologies

Dear subscriber,

TS2 Satellite Technologies
Dear Subscriber,
We got your all info provided by you about this online scammers that use the military as scam, we are still working on how to upgrade our service so this group of terrorist that use military as scam will not hack in to the TS2 Service, Please we are very sorry for the late replying, and we are also happy to tell you that your man, Colonel Johnson is a real Officer here in Afghanistan, he may not want to give you some information about himself. it's just for security purpose, but i want you to thanks him for giving you his ... he's a very hard working man, i'm so happy for you that you met someone like him, i Col. Pamela assure you that we will get the Aerial Connection done. and you will be able to hear him clearly on phone
Please bear with us
Thanks for your co-operation

TS2 Desk Manager

Col. Pamela Jones

these are the ip addresses i sent the info to and where the responses came from any help would be appreciate

Made a couple of edits for clarity - Ralph
#23983 by Dotti Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:35 pm
I have removed your personal information from your post to prevent you being spammed or contacted by additional scammers.

My lunch break is ending and don't have time for a thorough answer, but I wanted to at least give you a brief response.

I am absolutely, 100% certain that you are being scammed.

What you sent is an email address, not a website, and it is a free email address. The letter you received was not written by an American colonel. It contains the atrocious English and typical mistakes of an African. I have no doubt it was written by an African.

I can respond a little more thoroughly tonight, but please, do NOT send any money, and do not respond to these scammers.

#24010 by Ralph Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:54 pm
Hi Castello

As the others have already told you, there is no doubt that this is a scam;

The Military does not use a free email domain (USA.com provides free email addresses which are widely used by scammers impersonating people from the military)

The person who originally contacted you (Colonel Johnson) is part of the same group of scammers if not the same scammer that is sending mails from the fake phone service.

Could you please explain what makes you think there is anything legitimate about any of this and we can provide proof that is not the case.

I could explain in great detail about how these scams work and the things to look out for, I have seen it many times from other victims over the last 2 months but fortunately it has already been done for me.

If you have not already done so, please read through this thread viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527 if you have any questions please ask.

The more you reply to these emails the more lies you will be given to try to cover their tracks, they are hardly going to tell you they are scammers, instead they will continue to tell you more and more lies.

Please do not reply, we can work through this again with you if need be, it is a scam, the Colonel who has been writing to you does not love you, the phone described does not exist, you will be put through further pain until you accept this
#24249 by castello54 Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:51 pm
I have been able to confirm that the TS2 site is a ligimate site for phone service for the military by going thru an outside source who confirmed that it does in fact exist. There are several fraudlent web address and e mails as well regarding theses phone sites. but i have been able to establish a connection, talke to my fiancee and to the phone desk support people. A cell phnoe call going directly to that regions cost $40.00 per minute
according to ATT and this is a much cheaper way tho is was expensive it was a one time paymt and fee and their are no futher charges of any kind. Based on the fact that a cell call to Afghanistan cost $40.00 per minute the phone will pay for itself in a couple of months. when you compare hte cost involved tis only comes down to 3 days of phone time or 2500 minutes. their are no service fees, or plan fees, or air time charges, or extra minutes fees for overage. Its a one time pmt and the sat phone works off a sallitite system. You just have to be careful who you deal wutj o get this service because their are some scamers out their. If you look up the types of phjones that are being used like the thurya, you can find phone stores and dealers who are well awear of this ts2 tech. So not all of this is a scam as ststed on your web site. My guy is the real deal and his identity has been verified by people their that know him. Just thought people shpuld know that a real ts2 service exists for the military .
#24251 by Ralph Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:33 pm
There is a real TS2 phone company and website, the people who you are directed to by scammers as in this case are scammers and more than likely the same person who asked you to contact them.

If you do find the real TS2 website, I am certain they will not want you to send money via western union, I am certain their email addresses will not be free email domains and their contact details will be displayed and verifiable.

If anybody has the slightest doubt, please check with us
#24260 by Dotti Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:38 pm
First of all, I would like to say that I am sorry that you are finding yourself in this situation. I know you don't realize it yet, but this is not going to end well. You are being scammed, without a doubt.

I don't know who your "outside source" was. Either he was suggested by your scammer (in which case, he is an accomplice of your scammer who is lying to convince you that you should send money as he gets a cut of the profit) or he is misinformed and is passing that misinformation to you.

A cell phnoe call going directly to that regions cost $40.00 per minute
according to ATT

Straight from AT&T website:

AT&T World Connect Rates
To Landline
$3.05/minute
To Wireless
$3.08/minute
Monthly Recurring Charge
$ 3.99

International Dial Standard Rates
To Landline
$3.40/minute
To Wireless
$3.52/minute
Monthly Recurring Charge
$0.00

In other words, calls to Afghanistan are less than $4 per minute, not $40 per minute!

their are no service fees, or plan fees, or air time charges, or extra minutes fees for overage. Its a one time pmt

NOT TRUE!
http://www.ehow.com/about_4693327_much-does-satellite-phone-cost.html

The cost of a satellite phone includes the initial expense of the phone itself. It also includes the cost for a monthly subscription, the minutes used for each call and any activation fees. Satellite phones range in price from about $700 to $1,300, depending on the brand, its features and the retailer that's selling it. Basic subscriptions generally cost about $50 per month, but these subscriptions--unlike cell phone plans--do not include any minutes or airtime. The cost of airtime varies widely depending on the type of call; it may range from $1 to $10 per minute. Activation fees for most satellite phones run about $40 to $50.

As stated earlier in this thread, TS2 is real. However, scammers claim they need TS2 service, pose as the real TS2 company, and then take victims' money, claiming the victim has just helped to pay for a satellite phone. In reality, the money has helped an African to pay for a new ipod, bling, a flashy car, and internet time to scam even more people.

A few key facts that illustrate this is a scam:
-The address you were given is a free address that is in no way connected to the real TS2 website.
-The person who emailed you as Col Pamela Jones is not a colonel in the US military. Even without all of the other evidence of a scam, this is clear. "Her" English is absolutely atrocious, and it is clear from the writing that "she" is African. If "she" were American, she would never be promoted to Colonel as she would fail to meet the basic educational requirements.
-The fake Colonel Pamela Jones vouched for your "boyfriend" and claimed to know him personally. Since "Pamela" is a scammer who has nothing to do with the US military, this is once again confirmation that the person pretending to be your boyfriend is too.

The people you sent the money to are scammers, and your boyfriend is one of them. Now that he has gotten money from you, your scammer will play the dedicated boyfriend for a bit longer, and then another problem will come up, and your money will be needed to solve it. Either an emergency will come up, or he will need you to apply for his military leave, which will involve paying one or more fees. (Again all lies--outside people cannot apply for military leave, and there are no fees to pay for leave. )

We have offered to help provide you with further evidence that this is a scam privately. I really hope for your sake that you decide to take any one of us up on the offer.

In the meantime, I have contacted the real TS2 company and asked them to tell us whether that address belongs to them and whether this "Pam" is an employee. Sadly, I am confident that I already know what their response will be.

#24285 by Ralph Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:34 am
Castello,

Referring back to this post of yours;
castello54 wrote:ok i know this guy is a scam but what i need to know now is about the Ts2 military site that handles phone service for the special ops in afgahnaista, is this address: <[email protected]>
is aligit site and if you had any dealings with a Col Pam Jones from the site

this sgt has a scam letter on file re: hi-tech code HTTP6067
I rec a similar letter from the ts2 site for my boyfriend ; but my letter stated they need to do an aerial connection for the c2150 phone that was issed to him. he could hear me but i couldn't hear him on calls.
I want to know idf you have had any dealings with this site and if you know od anyone who has?
I believe the connection problem because i was on the call but i don't trust this site for sure.. there seem to be several sites for this ... they all a different varations of th e mail address. There is alo Col pamela jones who is respomsible for the site I am getting ready to send money for the hook up my cost is 3 grand and my
boyfriends is $7,500 it involves getting sallitite equ, for him to use withthephone to establish the connection.
I have hear oter military wifes have used this and had no problem,have you had any dealings with these people? the money is wired to a pauline jennings in ne and she is the company rep that handles the money part and getting the pmt to afghanistan and iraqu
please let me know if you know of these people..

It includes this;
hi-tech code HTTP6067

If you do an exact search on that line you will get this search result; Right click and open this link in new window to see the exact search on "hi-tech code HTTP6067"

In that search you will see 4 other places with warnings about scams.

it includes this scam email;
With the reference to your application been forwarded to our SAT Telecoms Office in Missouri for the last graphics editing on telex, which your application has been approved under the Military Hi-Tech Code HTTP6067, in which your location has a major problem of Graphic Frequency Installation due to your Weather Invisibility to your both locations means refusing the 18000Hmm Invisibility of Relay connectivity on the Cardinal poles RADAR with low Telecoms reception.

Your location within the US Military SAT zone on your cell mobile phone would entails an installation of Aerial Access Pin Configuration, which you are permitted to purchase from the MO WU details worth of $780.
#49005 by nulfina Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:49 am
Hei!

So, it was my turn to meet those people..
Colonel Pamela Jones tries again.
"Sergent Jason Furton" is funny american guy..
Found me in Facebook.

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me... am Jason a Sergent in us army... am from California, Compton... am presently in KABUL AFGHANISTAN for peace keeping....single but have been into a relationship before... am 38 years old ...am honest, understanding and trustworthy and sometimes funny as my friend use to tell me.... i think getting to know each other better will make us know what we want in life....so if you can add me to your msn ( [email protected] or [email protected]) maybe when am free at times we can chat... but i will always take my time to reply your mail...I love what i see on face book... i will like to ask you little question.... here they are

1..What do you like in a Partner ?
2..Are you a Pretender or for real?
4..Do you Love Kids?
5..What you do for a fun and in your free time?
6..Tell me more about yourself ?
7..How would you describe your chemistry?

I will be looking forward to read back from you soon...
Warm Regards.... am sending another one hope to hear from you soon...
Jason

Mainly, story is the same.
We talk and then he is proposing to speak by phone.
I request permission to call
[email protected]

got answer:

Attn: Ms ...,

Concerning Your Request To Communicate With Sergent Jason Furton specializes in providing global satellite access services. Our core business is broadband access to the Internet in areas with poor telecommunications infrastructure and mobile satellite phones communication. The main medium of used transmission is a two-way satellite transfer system which we use to connect to your mobile phone provides in Afghanistan to United states, which provides good access to the satellite network in even the least accessible areas. It not only provides a broadband connection but also a wide range of additional data and voice services.
Before end of 2007 year, the TS2 solutions have been implemented for e.g. US Marine Corps (USMC), US Army Corps of Engineers, Australian Defence Force (ADF), Command of Polish Navy,Special Military Formation GROM, 1st Special Commando Regiment, Polish National Police, Polish National Headquarters of the State Fire Services, Border Guard (Poland), World Bank Group, Lockheed Martin Information Technology, Halliburton Energy Services, KBR, General Dynamics Information Technology, General Atomic's Aeronautical Systems Inc., L-3 Communications Vertex Aerospace, US Naval Research Laboratory, ITT Corporation Aerospace / Communications Division, Technest Holdings / EOIR Technologies, North Eastern Aeronautical Company (Neany), EchoStorm Worldwide, Jorge Scientific
Corporation, Erinys International, Aegis Iraq, American Heart of Poland and more others.
Our satellite products NSS6 satellite (LinkStar), Intelsat 10-02 (iDirect) and Inmarsat personal service (BGAN) are available in all US bases, including location of Kabul Airbase in Afghanistan. This broadband service offer two-way high-speed internet access with mobile phone lines, no cable, no dial-up modem. It's always online, available virtually anywhere, and affordable. Your computer or wireless / wired network can receive internet signal, through a special satellite VSAT modem which was usually set up in a building or tent when deployed. This type of Internet connection you can share with other soldiers from Kabul Airbase in Afghanistan. It is an ideal solution, Most soldiers deploy with a laptop in hand and a hookup to the Internet in their barracks.
This is especially important for the many who are married, and have young children. The Internet access has resulted in major morale improvements. Troops no longer feel cut off from home. Not all the Internet connectivity is just for staying in touch with the folks back home. The troops from Kabul Airbase in Afghanistan use the Internet a lot for professional tasks, and not all of them are official business. Some troops blog, and many other stay in touch with families, friends and associates in other parts of the world. The Internet has made possible many online communities composed of military professionals.
We deliver satellite equipment to most of all military locations in Afghanistan, Iraq and the Middle East within 5-7 days.
Ts2 satellite communication system give you the ability to stay connected20in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia.....
Ts2 service provider is service provider rendered to families and friends that wants to communicate with their families and friends in the military in Iraq and Afghanistan.this service is offered to people who wants to communicate with their military men through the use of phones
which allows to call and send Sms to them in their respective units in the military .
Contact form for U.S. Military Personnel from Kabul Airbase in Afghanistan
Information Needed for the communication from you
Your full name.......
E-mail......
Phone number or DSN......
Expected date of order (DD/MM/YYYY)......
Let us know more about your location - APO, ZIP or full address.......
If you use any satellite service please write information about the provider, type of used connection and prices. We will try to prepare better offer.
Terms and Conditions
We need to ask you certain questions.
1.Where do you live(where you resides determines the kind of Ts2 we would recommend)?
2.What mode would you prefer(fax or mobile)
3.What is your mobile phone number
With reference to the request. To connect with one of our military women in Afghanistan through the ts2 . You are to make a refundable payment of Five hundred and thirty Euro only (530.00 eur) Paid through western union money transfer for the ts2 processing charges.
Most of our Agent across the globe are currently busy..You are to make the payment to this available agent..

Name: Roland Bukola
Address: # 6 Stadium Road,
State: Oyo State
City : Ogbomosho
Zip Code: 234038

All payment should be remitted via Western Union and the payment MTCN number and all other information taken from the western union including the city you are sending from and the question and answer should be Emailed to us as soon as possible to hasten confirmation , we will like you to get back to us as soon as you have paid the funds and receive call from Sgt Jason Furton so we can know when to do refund.Get back to us as soon as possible.
Note:Ts2 payments are to be made within 48hours of request for early re ferment to the United States Of America's head-quarter And payment will be refunded as your military man SGT Jason Furton us receive your first three calls and get Text from you. After the calls.you can let us know when you want to receive your money back.

Regards
Colonel Pamela Jones
Ts2 General Secretary
We were among the first telecommunications operators in the satellite technology in the territory of Iraq and Afghanistan and as such we have enjoyed a successful cooperation with US Troops, DoD Contractors, Contracting Officers and Civilians from Kabul Airbase in Afghanistan
TS2 Satellite Services for U.S. Military Personnel from Kabul Airbase in Afghanistan.
Tags: Adsl Iraq, Camp Taji Iraq, Camp Taji Weather.
Money back guarantee
Thanks....

:laugh-s: American army has bank account in Nigeria!

I just quit conversation.
Hope, that other girls will do the same!
(huge thanx for this site!)
#49026 by Helen Halper Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:27 pm
Hi nulfina!
I'm glad to see that you weren't fooled by this scammer.

American army has bank account in Nigeria!

:laugh-s: :laugh-s: :laugh-s:

Thanks for posting!

#53090 by jemzeery Tue May 10, 2011 11:03 pm
Thanks for this site....

I've got one also...

With the same content from a certain Col. Pamela Jones, except the name of "supposed to be an army man" and the recipient of the money (thru western union), I've noticed some grammatical errors etc....

"Attn:Ms. XXXXXXX
Concerning Your Request To Communicate With Sgt HODGSON ANTHONY JOHN
TS2 specializes in providing global satellite access services. Our core business is broadband access to the Internet in areas with poor telecommunications infrastructure and mobile satellite phones communication. The main medium of used transmission is a two-way satellite transfer system which we use to connect to your mobile phone provides in Afghanistan to United states, which provides good access to the satellite network in even the least accessible areas. It not only provides a broadband connection but also a wide range of additional data and voice services.

Before end of 2007 year, the TS2 solutions have been implemented for e.g. US Marine Corps (USMC), US Army Corps of Engineers, Australian Defence Force (ADF), Command of Polish Navy,Special Military Formation GROM, 1st Special Commando Regiment, Polish National Police, Polish National Headquarters of the State Fire Services, Border Guard (Poland), World Bank Group, Lockheed Martin Information Technology, Halliburton Energy Services, KBR, General Dynamics Information Technology, General Atomic's Aeronautical Systems Inc., L-3 Communications Vertex Aerospace, US Naval Research Laboratory, ITT Corporation Aerospace / Communications Division, Technest Holdings / EOIR Technologies, North Eastern Aeronautical Company (Neany), EchoStorm Worldwide, Jorge Scientific Corporation, Erinys International, Aegis Iraq, American Heart of Poland and more others.

Our satellite products NSS6 satellite (LinkStar), Intelsat 10-02 (iDirect) and Inmarsat personal service (BGAN) are available in all US bases, including location of Kabul Airbase in Afghanistan. This broadband service offer two-way high-speed internet access with mobile phone lines, no cable, no dial-up modem. It's always online, available virtually anywhere, and affordable. Your computer or wireless / wired network can receive internet signal, through a special satellite VSAT modem which was usually set up in a building or tent when deployed. This type of Internet connection you can share with other soldiers from Kabul Airbase in Afghanistan. It is an ideal solution, Most soldiers deploy with a laptop in hand and a hookup to the Internet in their barracks.

This is especially important for the many who are married, and have young children. The Internet access has resulted in major morale improvements. Troops no longer feel cut off from home. Not all the Internet connectivity is just for staying in touch with the folks back home. The troops from Kabul Airbase in Afghanistan use the Internet a lot for professional tasks, and not all of them are official business. Some troops blog, and many other stay in touch with families, friends and associates in other parts of the world. The Internet has made possible many online communities composed of military professionals.

We deliver satellite equipment to most of all military locations in Afghanistan, Iraq and the Middle East within 5-7 days.
Ts2 satellite communication system give you the ability to stay connected20in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia.....
Ts2 service provider is service provider rendered to families and friends that wants to communicate with their families and friends in the military in Iraq and Afghanistan.this service is offered to people who wants to communicate with their military men through the use of phones
which allows to call and send Sms to them in their respective units in the military .
Contact form for U.S. Military Personnel from Kabul Airbase in Afghanistan

Information Needed for the communication from you
Your full name.......
E-mail......
Phone number or DSN......
Expected date of order (DD/MM/YYYY)......
Let us know more about your location - APO, ZIP or full address.......
If you use any satellite service please write information about the provider, type of used connection and prices. We will try to prepare better offer.

Terms and Conditions
We need to ask you certain questions.
1.Where do you live(where you resides determines the kind of Ts2 we would recommend)?
2.What mode would you prefer(fax or mobile)
3.What is your mobile phone number

With reference to the request. To connect with one of our military men in Afghanistan through the ts2 .
You are to make a refundable payment of Two hundred and Twenty USD only (250.00 USD) for a 30 days period of connectivity or (200.00 USD) for a 14 days period of connectivity Paid through western union money transfer for the ts2 processing charges.
To our Agent's Address below

NAME … shantique ellis
ADDRESS 6960. sw 24crt ,
miramar fl 33023

Country--USA

All payment should be remitted via Western Union and the payment MTCN number should be Emailed to us as soon as possible to hasten confirmation , we will like you to get back to us as soon as you have paid the funds and receive call from Sgt HODGSON ANTHONY JOHN Get back to us as soon as possible.

Note:Ts2 payments are to be made within 48hours of request for early re ferment to the United States Of America's head-quarter And payment will be refunded as your military man JOHN receive your first three calls and get Text from you. After the calls.you can let us know when you want to receive your money back if fails.

Regards
Colonel Pamela Jones
Ts2 General Secretary

We were among the first telecommunications operators in the satellite technology in the territory of Iraq and Afghanistan and as such we have enjoyed a successful cooperation with US Troops, DoD Contractors, Contracting Officers and Civilians from Kabul Airbase in Afghanistan
TS2 Satellite Services for U.S. Military Personnel from Kabul Airbase in Afghanistan.
Tags: Adsl Iraq, Camp Taji Iraq, Camp Taji Weather.

Money back guarantee"

Nice try....