Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#240986 by TeddyGraham Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:41 am
So I came across this ad on craigslist and it something was off. It said no name, no location, just an email to use to send in a resume. The email read "MillerCruz59==:::<<======at:::gmail:dot:com=====" So I googled it. It came back with a bunch of ads from all over the US and a few had been flagged. So I googled the actual email with out all that stuff in it and on another scam warning website I found this (link for anyone who wants to checkout the website <removed-dotti>
Advertisement

#241040 by Dotti Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:01 am
Thank you for posting this information.

In general, it is a good idea to google any address linked to an online ad. If you see a lot of vague ads in different cities, it is one to avoid. It's also never a good idea to send your resume based on any ad that gives no real information about the job, and consider a free email address to be a significant red flag.

Those ads may be posted for a variety a reasons. The poster's ultimate goals could include ANY of the following (and a few things we haven't seen, I'm sure.)
-recruiting mules or printers for fake checks
-recruiting shipping mules
-credit report affiliate scams, in which you are sent to a "free" credit report site to provide your report to the potential employer, only to be signed up for a monthly monitoring program that is very difficult to cancel
-a means to get info for identity theft
-an attempt to collect email addresses and phone numbers to sell
-a lead-in to straight advance fee (you got the job, but you have to send money for some document/software/permit/etc.)
-an attempt to recruit into a pyramid scheme/mlm/etc.

Note that I removed the link to the other site you posted. While we may occasionally link to supporting data for a specific reason, in general we do not rely on other sites to determine whether something is a scam, simply because we don't know how those sites make the scam determination and whether they have controls in place to prevent the mislabeling of innocent parties. Some sites have been known to do things like post every email address coming into their inbox or use an algorithm that picks up too much.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.