Room for Rent and other rental scams
#24296 by Michelle Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:51 pm
To: Michelle
Sent: Fri, 26 February, 2010
Subject: Flat / Proof

> Thank you for having interest in my Flat. I am out of the country for my new job, i will be away for six to seven years, i want a clean and responsible tenant to take care of the flat...Lots of time wasters are on here looking for free flat , hope you are serious ? below is the description of the flat and if that suit you get back to me. Property descriptions THE RENT IS : ( £520 pcm) Deposit of £200 TYPE: 2 bedroom Flat Features: Flat, Floor #, Parking available, No parking cost, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathrooms Neighbourhood: N/A Home amenities: Alarm system, Cable ready,Washer/Dryer,Dishwasher,Microwave, Kitchen access,Storage. House amenities: Furnished, Air conditioning, Private entrance, Private bath, Phone jack, TV, Cable jack, Closet.. Utilities include: electricity, gas, cable, phone, internet wiffi,air
> condition,wardrobe and so on. I will also need you to get back to me with the below required details if it suits me :- Maximum stay:................. Flatmate Description:......... Personal info:................ Address:...................... Household info:............... Age:.......................... Smoker:....................... Pet:.......................... Phone number.................. I will be expecting to read back from you if you really have interest. Hope to read back from you soon. hope to read from you so that we can both choose date and time to view together ---

Subject: Flat Details

Flat Details....Address: Lady Pecketts Yard, York YO1 9US

Hello ,
Good to read back from you. I have the keys and documents for the contract with me here in Paris .if you really have interest, kindly get back to me and we will both arrange on time and date to view the flat before signing for a contract also kindly email me with your mobile phone number so that i can call you and talk better,because i will like to know more about your as a person before giving you the contract. I will be needing a proof to show me you have the rent fee of atleast 2 month before i could go get my flight ticket because i traveled last month to show the flat to some couples but they don't have the funds at hand to pay and turn out telling me stories that they will pay me when they got a good job.This is so stressful and frustrating.i don't like jobless and time wasters and I don't want to risk or waste my time coming down anymore if i don't have a proof from who ever is interested in my flat before getting my ticket to fly down..I am sorry for any inconveniences but you just have to reason with me.
Hope this is clear now?

waiting to read from you soon.

thanks

Subject: Flat / Proof

Hello ,
If you have a month rent fee and the deposit,right there with you , well, you can use that as a proof to me by making a deposit to any of your family or partner and show me a receipt as proof and confirmation before i can go get my flight ticket . I traveled two time last month to show the flat to some couples but they don't have the funds at hand to pay and turn out telling me stories that they will pay me when they got a good job..I don't want to risk or waste my time coming down anymore if i don't have a proof from who ever is interested in my flat before getting my ticket to fly down..I am sorry for any inconveniences but you just have to reason with me. I just don't feel comfortable asking for payment upfront before viewing my flat because its is not normal and does sound illegal .So i prefer having a proof you have funds and will proceed from there. Go to any post office around your area and ask for western union money transfer and do as instructed below to any of your family or partner and get back to me with a confirmation.

THIS WHAT TO DO BELOW....

Sender name: YOUR NAME
Senders address: Your complete address
Receiver's Name: Your family ,Fiancee name or partner
Receiver's address:

I was also made to understand that western union takes some charges for the transfer and i am telling you that i will return back to you the full transfer charges whether you decide to rent the flat or not when we meet.

NOTE: I MUST CONFIRM THE MONEY IS TRULY AVAILABLE WITH WESTERN UNION BEFORE YOU GO BACK TO PICK BACK THE MONEY

Hope to read back from you.
Thanks

Advertisement