Room for Rent and other rental scams
#24484 by Michelle Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:54 pm
Date: Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 7:28 AM
Subject: Re: $800 / 4br - Lake Front Home In Emerald Pointe! (Kissimmee, FL)
To: Michelle

Hello,
Thanks for your
interest in my house. I am williams.b ertiae the owner of the house. I will like to rent the house to a responsible and trustworthy person that will take absolute proper care of the place, at all time. I want you to know that I'm presently in West Africa (Nigeria) with my family now and i have being transferred here on a missionary work of God. Also i will be ministering here for about 2 years and some months before coming back to the state, but i will be coming to pay you visit on my vacation period. I will like you to know that the keys to the house is here with me, but i can make arrangement on how to send it to you via DHL courier service and it will be deliver to your door step on the next-day delivery. Mean while, the house has water, washing machine, DVD home theater, TV and some other Utilities you can the of, which are included in the rent fee ($800). It is quite unfortunate that i will not be able to show you the inside of the house because i am not around now and there is no way you can get inside with out the key. I know you will want to check the interiors before you move in, i can only email you the pictures of the interiors, thereafter you can drive by to view the surroundings, exterior of the building and the environment settings. So, if you are really interested, i will like you fill out the
application form below;

Here is the address of the house
2313 Topaz Trail,Kissimmee, FL 34743
Deposit fee;$600
monthly Rent;$800

********RENT APPLICATION ********

*********PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL**********
1) Your full name ?
2) Your full address ?
3) Your mother full median name ?
4) Your father full median name ?
5)Phone number ?
6) Citizen or Country ?
7) How old are you ?
8) Are you married ?
9) Sex ?
10) How many people will be living in the house?
11) Do you have a pet ?
12) Do you have a car ?
13) What is your occupation ?
14) Short or long term lease ?
15) When do you intend moving in : Date ?
16) When do you inted to moving out : Date ?
17) Occupant picture ?
18) Reference details ?

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.
Awaiting your reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys of the house to you.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement