Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#238836 by Bryon Williams Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:45 pm
^^^
You need to contact Paypal and inform them of the money you received. Let them know that you are a victim of a scam. You also need to send that money back to the victims.

I would also suggest you inform your local Law Enforcement that you are a scam victim and received money. Print and show them the emails.

When these victims realize they have been scammed or hacked it will be you who the Police will be looking for.

Be proactive to protect yourself.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#238840 by Bryon Williams Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:18 pm
Either your account was flashed or the victim's have already reported you to Paypal or Law Enforcement.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#257630 by rmoreno Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:26 pm
This Payroll scam is still ongoing.

There was a posting on craigslist for a Data Entry/Clerk

"We are now hiring for Data entry must be computer literate.
Must be loyal, honest, responsible and good with computers and accountant software. Salary is $1300 per month.
Please text me if you are interested and set up interview. 6156719173
Thank you"

The posting says it will be part time, and paying 28 dollars an hour. Wow! Right?

After texting with her a bit, she basically changes the Data Entry to Printing Checks.

"This is a work at home Job Offer, and it is %100 legitimate, You have nothing to be worried about Your task will be printing and stuffing of our co-workers/clients payroll checks at your home, and making them out with our company USPS account. Let me know if you are ready to get started."

"... you should let me know when you are ready to get started because we are hiring ASAP!"

"What form of payment will you prefer ? (is it Western Union, Paypal, MoneyGram, PayCheck, or DirectDeposit )"

"Before you get started, You would have to spend only $20 on Check paper, Then send me a pics of the receipt so that you can be reimbursed........ You can get the paper at .... Staples, Officemax or Officedepot store."

"you have to pick up the " VersaCheck(R) Check Paper Refills, Business Size, Form #1000 "

"I am Rachel by name, and you will be working for " Penske Truck Rental ",And you will be our payroll assistant..., And we are looking to hire someone to be ASAP.... This is legitimate, you have nothing to be worried about"

"Email is [email protected]"

I think, I'm going down to my local OfficeMax and seeing if I can get them to put up a simple warning in the aisle where those checks are kept.

Something like "Did you answer a Craigslist ad asking you to purchase Check Paper? It could be a scam. Ask our representative for more information."
#259600 by Cristylle74 Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:22 am
This kind of thing seems to be happening a lot and just about everywhere. I also applied for a work at home job back in April that said "Account Management and Payment Processing" on Guru.com and found out after talking to this person and doing some research that it was a scam. And then AGAIN with a job on Elance.com just the other day that was for an Administrative Assistant. Thankfully this time I knew what to look for. BUT the most important thing here that people may not know is once you send that first email to this person they have now stolen your identity and sold it on the Black Market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They now have access to your computer through malware and can get all of your information through your IP address. So you have been scammed not once but twice!!! After the first time I applied and then did the research, I ended up having to change my IP address. cell phone number. get my hard drive restored. and had to put an Alert on all my bank and credit card accounts and contact all three credit bureaus!!!!! More work to fix the mess in the long run. They are very smart. In a lot of cases its a triangle affect. They get you to print the checks and send to these random people (who are more than likely innocent people too, like secret shoppers) who then go and deposit the check in to their account and wire part of the money back to this person. So now they have managed to get this money with no connection or trail leading to them. And the kicker is, the money they pay you with is a percentage of the money you just laundered!!!!

Here is a website that gives all the details! Removed outside link (BW)
#277126 by theladybob Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:18 pm
Hi all, I answered an ad for personal assistant 5 months ago. The position was filled. He texts me from a difference number about helping with payroll and when I replied I transposed a number and got this other person in Florida on a different craigslist post. Thinking why would someone post in OR that was from Florida and hire you without an interview when money is involved. I did not respond at the time. Then this morning I get a text from a number for personal assistant asking for my email address - sleepily I sent him my email. When I received the email it dawned on me I never texted anyone for that position and that is when I found your web site and the very first letter back in 2013 was the same exact email I received. This is his phone number 608-906-0034 and email address [email protected]
#288521 by raeosunshine Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:46 pm
I just received a message this morning very close to the ones you all received. Just an update on the names number and email they used this morning. I received an email from a Monica Zona a text from a Mary Dincola at number 231-828-1105 and an "interview' from a Shanice Martins at email [email protected] for company BHP Billiton.
#301254 by HarleQuinn Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:46 pm
I just found this thread, but I believe it is too late :(. They have changed there names, phone numbers, and emails. And now I don't know what to do. Here's what happened:

I made a post for anyone looking for any office help, and got an email from a Mr Rema Thompson in Kyle, TX stating that he was looking for an assistant to work from home for a company called Alliance Payroll Company. I, of course, Googled the company, and nothing came up (good or bad). So, I went ahead and bought the items I was needing to start. After I provided pictures to show proof I had bought the items, I was then contacted by a someone named Collins David (but his email came up with "Tommy" in the from category). I did my first batch of 4 checks, not really thinking anything of it. They paid for the UPS shipping and all that (sent me the labels to print out and glue onto the envelopes). Well, this morning I received my second batch of labels only (this time, there was 23 labels). Well, while I was waiting on the checks to be sent to me, this Collins person started texting me asking if I had a checking account so he could wire me money and then he'd tell me what to do with it all. I told him I didn't (even though I do). Then he asked if I had a PayPal account, I told him I did. That's when he sent me the following text message:

Collins: "good give me right now.. i will transfer some funds there and i will instruct you on what to do"
*at this point I started talking to my husband about what he was asking*
Collins: "why the big silent???"
me: OK??? It's *this is where I listed my PayPal email*
Collins: "but it taking so long for you to reply why??"
me: Because I was talking with my husband
Collins: "Okay"
me: Did you get my paypal email???
Collins: "yes"
me: Ok
Collins: "if i transfer paypal to you can you get the money out same day??
me: Maybe...what am I doing with the money???

And that's where the conversation ended...And that's when I found this post. I feel like a HUGE idiot right now...just goes to show you, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is :(...I have included the names, numbers, and emails that are attached to this scam now:

Rema Thompson (supposedly out of Kyle, TX)- (512)543-3474- [email protected]
Collins David- (828)595-4793- [email protected]
(tThis one never contacted me, but one of his emails was forwarded to me) Fred Jones- [email protected]

The company they claim to work for is called:
Payroll Alliance Company

And the return address for the printed "checks" is:
Kelly Jennings
(916) 222-1635
Kirby Designs Inc
1000 Venetian Way
Miami Beach, FL 33139

Hope this helps anyone else before they get sucked in....
#301289 by Tim Atem Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:58 am
Thank you for reporting this. You need to call Paypal and notify them that you gave your Paypal email to a scammer and you will need to change the email address associated with the account. You want to notify Paypal first, though, that way if there are funds sent to your account from unknown sources, they can be flagged/rejected right away.

No legitimate work-at-home employer would require their employees to mail checks for them or use their personal accounts to send/receive money on their behalf.

This thread will explain the red flags and how to avoid scams like this in the future:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=44

You also need to take any fake checks you have, printed emails and labels, and take them to your local post office to report them to the Postal Inspector. Even if they weren't sent through the USPS - still take them to the USPS Postal Inspector. They will tell you what to do from there.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#312457 by mdpharr Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:21 pm
Just recently been scammed by the same situation from:

ABOUT THE COMPANY:

Payroll Filling Service Inc. is a full-service payroll and tax filing firm. We proudly serve over 2,000 clients – primarily in the Mid-Atlantic region.

We offer many “pay-as-you-go” Workers Compensation payment options through a variety of partners, including Chesapeake Employers Insurance, The Hartford, Selective Insurance, AmTrust North America, The Guard, Berkley Mid Atlantic Group, CNA, Donegal Insurance, Eastern Alliance Insurance, Employers, Key Risk Insurance, and the now The Maryland Restaurant & Hospitality Self-Insurance Fund.Along with traditional payroll services, we also offer interfaces to all major POS Systems, General Ledger systems and 401(k) providers.

Payroll Filling Service Inc. is seeking to add a talented, in-house Part time Payroll Clerk to our team and would be doing work for Payroll Filling Service Inc as an Independent Contractor. We will provide the necessary payroll tools upon approval of position and it will be delivered to you.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Process payroll weekly for 30 employees- local and non-local, multi-state.
• Assists the printing and distribution of the Company's weekly employee payroll checks via USPS, FedEx or UPS.
• Files all documents.

CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE :

• Computer Savvy and familiar with office technology
• Friendly demeanor and Positive Attitude
• Good written and spoken communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize

REQUIREMENT :

• Computer ( Must have)
• Printer
• Printing Paper

NB: Get back to me with the following information below for the delivery of the printer to e-Mail : [email protected]

Full Name :
Street Address :
Apt # :
City :
State :
Zip Code :
Cell phone(Please provide valid number) :
Acceptance of Offer :

This is a work from home position and Wage is $700 Monthly and your attention is needed 2-3 times weekly, Maximum of 10 hours weekly. The work environment is casual and friendly.

Kindly get back to me ASAP if you are interested in this position.

SMITH KENNENBERG
Hiring Department
http://www.payrollservices.org

The 2 numbers he used to text me were:
#312527 by vonpaso xlura Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:16 pm
payrollserviceinc.net is email-only. Please post the complete headers of the email from payrollserviceinc.net so that we can kill it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#316125 by selmo1989 Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:35 pm
I was wonder what are the next steps after you realized you have been scammed? Did not see this til I started to get annoyed that they said I bought the wrong check paper. I have bought the printer and checks. I am planning to return the items to Amazon. The computer I used to email is gone. I'm planning on changing my phone number. I was wonder what else should I do.

I received this email:

ABOUT THE COMPANY:

Payroll Filling Service Inc. is a full-service payroll and tax filing firm. We proudly serve over 2,000 clients – primarily in the Mid-Atlantic region.

We offer many “pay-as-you-go” Workers Compensation payment options through a variety of partners, including Chesapeake Employers Insurance, The Hartford, Selective Insurance, AmTrust North America, The Guard, Berkley Mid Atlantic Group, CNA, Donegal Insurance, Eastern Alliance Insurance, Employers, Key Risk Insurance, and the now The Maryland Restaurant & Hospitality Self-Insurance Fund.Along with traditional payroll services, we also offer interfaces to all major POS Systems, General Ledger systems and 401(k) providers.

Payroll Filling Service Inc. is seeking to add a talented, in-house Part time Payroll Clerk to our team and would be doing work for Payroll Filling Service Inc as an Independent Contractor. We will provide the necessary payroll tools upon approval of position and it will be delivered to you.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Process payroll weekly for 30 employees- local and non-local, multi-state.
• Assists the printing and distribution of the Company's weekly employee payroll checks via USPS, FedEx or UPS.
• Files all documents.

CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE :

• Computer Savvy and familiar with office technology • Friendly demeanor and Positive Attitude • Good written and spoken communication skills • Ability to multi-task and prioritize

REQUIREMENT :

• Computer ( Must have)
• Printer
• Printing Paper

NB: Get back to me with the following information below for the delivery of the printer to e-Mail : [email protected]

Full Name :
Street Address :
Apt # :
City :
State :
Zip Code :
Cell phone(Please provide valid number) :
Acceptance of Offer :

This is a work from home position and Wage is $700 Monthly and your attention is needed 2-3 times weekly, Maximum of 10 hours weekly. The work environment is casual and friendly.

Kindly get back to me ASAP if you are interested in this position.

SMITH KENNENBERG

Hiring Department
#316133 by Terminator5 Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:07 am
You are the victim of an employment scam known as a Money Mule Scam . You have been operating as a " Fake Check Mule " . You need to report this immediately on the IC3 website .

Email Only Domain
Address lookup

canonical name payrollserviceinc.net.
aliases
addresses 216.239.32.21

Queried whois.internic.net with "dom PAYROLLSERVICEINC.NET"...
Domain Name: PAYROLLSERVICEINC.NET
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS17.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS18.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Status: clientRenewProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Updated Date: 16-jun-2016
Creation Date: 16-jun-2016
Expiration Date: 16-jun-2017

>>> Last update of whois database: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 04:03:35 GMT <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://icann.org/epp

Queried whois.godaddy.com with "PAYROLLSERVICEINC.NET"...
Domain Name: payrollserviceinc.net
Registry Domain ID: 2035791346_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2016-06-16T17:47:21Z
Creation Date: 2016-06-16T17:47:21Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-06-16T17:47:21Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Reseller: G Suite
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598