Room for Rent and other rental scams
#25301 by Michelle Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:42 am
Subject: RENT APPLICATION FORM
To: Michelle
Date: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 2:23 AM

Hi Michelle

Good news for you, you can rent for onme month,the rent cost is € 300 (monthly) including all utilities and thanks for the assurance that my house is well maintained and I appreciate your words ...... Therefore, I want you to stick to its words.Is you agree? and the below is the last question you should meet the requirements of my rent this apartment? and I want passby and see the floor because they have someone to show you and the keys and documents is with me and here is the address Callr d'Avinyó 2 Barcelona 08002 Spain and i promise you will love it.

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM

Also, Pls let me get this response.
1) Your full name
2) Your Full Address & Phone Number
3) How old are you?
4) Are you married?
5) How many people will be living in the apartment?
6) Do you have a pet?
7) Do you have a car?
8 ) Occupation?
Looking forward to hearing from you with all this information so that you can cover in my file to issue the receipt for contact with you and your urgent response you.Await so we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to that, please give them all this base on trust.

Thank you and God bless.

Naome

Subject: RENT ACCEPTANCE
Date: Monday, March 29, 2010,

Hello Michelle,

Thanks very much for your reply also thank you so much for the information provide. Everything is okay and am pleased with it.I can see your willingness in this rent !!! So as i shall be giving you my townhouse, please again take care of the townhouse so that i might be glad when come back and i don't have bank account but i will received the rent fees via western union money transfer and i have accept you to be my tenant.

As i have ealier told you,the money involved is not the problem and ,but i only need my townhouse to be kept clean always until i will be back.You will be paying € 300 Monthly including the utilities inside and it all depends on the period you wish to stay in my townhouse,i will not want you to get worried okay.you only have to tell me the numbers of months in which you can be able to pay as upfront/deposit e.g 1 month: €300 .2 months: €600 etc. As a Man Of it word,i always have this human feelings so i will not do anything to stress or be difficult to my fellow human and this is why i want you to tell me the numbers of months in which you can be able to pay as deposit. also we would like to send the following document to you via DHL courrier service.
(1) Entrance and the rooms Keys (2)Paper/Permanent townhouse form
(Containing your reference details) (3)The townhouse documetary file.
(4)Payment Receipt. 5)Full address and description of the townhouse.

These will be sent to you in the address you have provided to me in the Applicant form and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possibly occupy my townhouse immediately. Once again, i am giving you this on trust and do not disappoint me and i promise you that you will love the townhouse. i shall be coming by the second week of to July check on you so that i can know how you take care of my townhouse for me and if it is okay by me, then i shall be collecting the some of the fee from you by myself.
Me and my family are really happy to find a good person to occupy the townhouse and i still want you to promise that you will not dissapoint me.. ..after then i will let you know the next step to take in getting the documents,keys and security code to my townhouse. Hope to read from you soon.

Thank you and remain Blessed.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#25345 by Michelle Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:33 pm
> From: Naome Peter <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: RENT ACCEPTANCE
> To: Michelle
>
> Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 2:17 PM
>
> Hello Michelle
> Thanks for the mail..as i told you that am in
> west africa now so you have the address of the apartment
> with you i cant come
> there for now i will come there in july and if you send
> the rent money today and you dont like the apartment i will
> pay you back the money so you have to send the money so that
> i can send you the key and document so get back to me today
> so that i can give you the information where you will send
> the money to and i told you that the agent that is in charge
> of the apartment stole my things so i dont want any agent to
> be on this anymore that is why i have the key with me and
> document so email me back today or you can call me
> +2348025638920 okay
> Naome

Subject: Re: RENT ACCEPTANCE!!!!!
Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 5:48 PM

Hello Michelle
Thanks for the respond...i want you to send the money to the informTION below and as soon as you send the money today i will send the key and the document to you by tomorrow and please make sure you clear my apartment for me because i will be coming there in july okay

Name...Naome Peter
text question......colour
Answer......Green

so i will want you to get back to me with the western union details giving to you by western union office.get back to me with the details below

Senders name...
Senders address...
Amount sent...
10 digit number(MTCN)

I will be waiting for the wsstern union details today okay

Naome