If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#259998 by dmp Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:40 pm
I just want to share that I was contacted today by a Jessica cole. Using the email address [email protected]. She texted me from 4222225971 which is a california number. Her story was that she is currently living in Fl and will be "moving to my area" soon. I didn't send her all the personal information she asked for, and I'm hoping that nothing negative will come of her contacting me. I was actually about to send her all the information she asked for then I realized she never told me where she is moving to, hasn't met me and yet is certain I am the one she wants and wants to pay me now for work that she wants me to do in two weeks. She said she found me on care.com but I don't have my cell phone information on care.com. (at least not that I see). I did some googling of her name and was thrilled to read the other posts made her.. see the similiarites in what she said to me and instead of sending her information I told her I didn't to share information untill she told me where exactly she was moving to and where she got my cell phone # from. I am not amazed that I haven't heard back.
I am curious if anyone had anything negative from this woman, such as virus's on the computer or hacking into bank/credit card accounts just from opening emails from her. Or is her entire scam just sending check like a money laundry type of scam.
I also wanted to share the information for others to have if she contacts them.
Advertisement

#260001 by HillBilly Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:08 pm
where did you get the information that 4222225971 is a California #? there is no such area code as 422 in the North American country code ( 1 )

Please post the entire message you received from her, not just your interpretation of the message. That way we can tell you if it is a scam.... right now chances are good it is 90% chance of a scam. Real people don't move to "your area", they move to (xxx) town, ( yyy) State.

Keep in mind also that if the only thing you are basing your interaction with this stranger with is whether or not anyone knows of bad information on her..... you have a rather interesting point of view of the world. You can't know if this person is honest about their name, or anything else for that matter. Trust is earned, not given. Do yourself a favor and live that way.

#261670 by smjohnson3 Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:54 pm
My daughter got the same email from Colleen Morris. She of course sent back her phone & address since she was so "heart broken" from the story. She's studying to be a special needs teacher so she talked a few times to the crazy person! Wish babbysitter.com or whom ever they are using trys to block them! Did any harm come from this? YIKES!
#276511 by tori12 Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:06 pm
She is still going by Marlina Hutson.

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me,I will love you to start working during the weekends with my mom and when you are free from your clinical studies and i will also love you to start working with her once you are free during those periods of weekdays,she also stay at (removed address) , I will be waiting for your resume and reference now in my email so i can get you booked down for the job position and also go through your reference. I treat my nanny's as family and it's part of my work policy that i pay my nanny a week upfront just to ensure i have you booked for this job. My payroll could only issue one check so i told them to include the money for the purchase of my Mom wheelchair to your first week pay since it will be delivered to your address prior to my arrival, information:
Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone #:

Thanks
Marlina Huston

Her email address is [email protected]. Luckily I found this site and did not have her send a check. I asked her to pay the wheelchair company directly and haven't heard back from her.
#285759 by Tim Atem Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:11 am
Thank you for the update! What email address is she using now? Can you post any emails you've received (with your personal information removed)?

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#288307 by esp1107 Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:44 pm
I am someone else who's gotten sucked in by this scam. I've been communicating with Jessica Cole via the email address [email protected]. I too received contact in a text message from care.com, even though I'd never put my number up there. I emailed her last week about a nanny position, and she responded with this message:

How are you doing today ?. I am glad for your quick response and for your interest in taking care of my Daughter { Rebecca } .. I am sorry to let you know that i have gotten a nanny for my Daughter { Rebecca} and will no longer be needing your service anymore for the nanny position. I am very sorry for this, But i do have a personal assistant position available for you , if you are interested in working for me as my personal assistant . Here are the details about the personal assistant position i am offering you .

Do take time to go through this introductory mail and feel free to pass any questions on. I have had a previous Personal Assistant worker who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since moved on with her personal life and it has affected me in a way. I found her previously on the Sittercity website and I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been.

Please note that you are being hired only on a personal level. All correspondences would be made and promptly reported to me personally. The position is part time and home-based meaning you can work most times from your home as long as you have a regular internet access. You are also hired on a trial basis for now until we are able to see how well we fit in, this however does not affect your weekly wage. I would like to know where you are located because i would love to meet up with you to talk about this job but I am currently away on a business trip. I am in Australia so there will be no much to talk about than to give you the job description.

I will prepay you in advance to do my shopping. I will also have my mails and packages forwarded to your address. If you will be unable to stay at your house to get my mails, I can have it shipped to a post office near you and then you can pick it up at your convenience. When you get my mails / packages; you are required to mail them to where ever i want them mailed to. You don't have to put money out of your pocket, all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me. You will work between 15 and 20 hrs a month. I will be paying $400.00 per week.

I need your service because I am constantly out of town. I will return back to the state real soon so this process will be on going till then. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term. Well, let me know if you are able to handle the position. No heavy packages is involved!. You can do the shopping at any nearest stores. You will be shopping for Electronics and clothing. I will provide you my personal UPS account number for Shipping. All you have to do is provide my account number to UPS and shipping charges will be applied into the account. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them. If I were to mail you money to do my shopping plus upfront payment for your service, where would you want it mailed to?. How should your name appear on the payment? and you MUST have a bank account where you will deposit the payment { important for this job } . Maybe you can provide me with the following details below;

Full Name:
Full Address:
City:
State:
Zip-code:
Cell Phone Number :
Sex:
Email:

I believe you should read clearly and understand the terms / conditions attached to this job because i wouldn't want any mistakes to be made at anytime giving instructions OK. Remember like i've said that your weekly wages is $400. I'll appreciate you get back to me to confirm your acceptance of this job if you are the trustworthy person i'm searching for in less than 24hrs, thanks and till i hear from you real soon stay bless...

I will be waiting to hear from right away....

NOTE : ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR EMAIL AT LEAST 3 TIMES DAILY FOR ANY UPDATES FROM ME.

Thank You!!!
Honesty, loyalty and punctuality is my watchword.
May the almighty God bless you.

Mrs.Jessica cole..

Stupid person that I am, I gave her all of that information, although I was wary. She seemed like an honest (if slightly bad at spelling) Christian woman, but I should have realized that what she was offering was too good to be true. I then began corresponding with her via text message (number 901-424-1576), and she told me all about how she would send my payment and money for my first assignment. Then today I received another email with instructions to deposit the check and post two separate MoneyGram payments, and in that email, she signed her name "Mrs Jennifer Cole" instead of Jessica. As if that wasn't questionable enough, I sent her a text message asking for more information, and she responded with:

I will be giving you the receiver's information were you will be sending the money to Via money gram, Im going to explain better when you receive the check! I wish you can lend me little money to start the payment so i won't lose my packages cos the company asked me to pay little money outta the money am paying them so you will be deducting it when you receive the check with your payment!

So of course I found it a little (a lot) questionable that she could pay me $400 a week to mail packages for her but needed me to lend her money. I knew beyond doubt then that it was a scam and told her I had no money to lend. She said that was okay, but I would be willing to bet that now I will not be receiving her check in the mail.

Just in case, I sent an email telling her that I can no longer work for her, not letting on that I knew it was a scam. I'm a little worried about the fact that she has my information, but oh well. Please no one else be as stupid as I was and fall for this.
#288345 by Tim Atem Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:04 am
Thank you for the update! Once she realizes you won't play into her scam, she will just move on to her next victim. Ignore any further emails from her and don't let her know you've reported her here.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#288440 by HillBilly Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:19 pm
esp1107 wrote:
I will be giving you the receiver's information were you will be sending the money to Via money gram, Im going to explain better when you receive the check! I wish you can lend me little money to start the payment so i won't lose my packages cos the company asked me to pay little money outta the money am paying them so you will be deducting it when you receive the check with your payment!

So of course I found it a little (a lot) questionable that she could pay me $400 a week to mail packages for her but needed me to lend her money. I knew beyond doubt then that it was a scam and told her I had no money to lend. She said that was okay, but I would be willing to bet that now I will not be receiving her check in the mail.

Just in case, I sent an email telling her that I can no longer work for her, not letting on that I knew it was a scam. I'm a little worried about the fact that she has my information, but oh well. Please no one else be as stupid as I was and fall for this.

You just still may receive a check in the mail. Know this if you do, it is a fraudulent check, just like the money mule ( re-shipping) scam is fraudulent. If you do receive a check through the USPS, report it to your local US Postal Inspector's office. Do not cash the check, do not deposit it, take it to the USPI's office along with your emails showing you thought you had a valid job ( you are a victim), not part of the crime.

See this topic for more information about your personal info and the USPI's office.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87420#p211027

#288869 by esp1107 Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:10 pm
HillBilly wrote:You just still may receive a check in the mail. Know this if you do, it is a fraudulent check, just like the money mule ( re-shipping) scam is fraudulent. If you do receive a check through the USPS, report it to your local US Postal Inspector's office. Do not cash the check, do not deposit it, take it to the USPI's office along with your emails showing you thought you had a valid job ( you are a victim), not part of the crime.

Thank you. I just received the check, and I was wondering what I should do with it. I'll take it to the USPI on Monday.
#294109 by rporretto Sun May 08, 2016 2:24 pm
Well, she is at it again, and unfortunately I am her latest victim. She is now going by Karen Soloman using the email [email protected], after replaying to a text I received from care.com she started contacting me through email. Things seemed fishy and parts of her emails were not adding up. I also requested references and offered to send her mine and that was completely ignored. My sister told me to google her since I couldn't find her on care.com and I found this site. I am glad to have found these posts! Her last email to me was yesterday and she said that she has already mailed me the check. What do I do with it when I receive it? Also, she has my address, should I be concerned for my safety? Please any information you have on this person will be helpful. Here is our correspondences. Her email is exactly the same as she has sent to another person on here using the name Jessica.

Hi. I am glad for your quick response and your interest in babysitting my daughter. I am sorry to let you know that my previous babysitter came to the house to retain her job few minutes ago. She traveled to California last two weeks to see her sick mom, surprisingly, she came back unannounced to retain her job. I liked her because she has been nice to my daughter. I will no longer be needing your service anymore for the sitter position as i requested. I am very sorry for this, but i have a personal assistant position available for you, if you are interested in working for me as my personal assistant then reply this email with the requested info. Here are the details about the personal assistant position i am offering you.

Take your time to go through this introductory mail and feel free to pass any questions about. I had a previous personal assistant who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since moved on with her personal life and it has affected me in a way. I found her on Care website and i sincerely hope i will be able to find someone again, who will be as efficient as she has been.

Please note that you are being hired only on a personal level. All correspondences would be made and promptly reported to me personally. The position is part time and home-based, meaning you can work most times from your home as long as you have a regular internet access. You are also hired on a trial basis for now until we are able to see how well we fit in, this however does not affect your weekly wage. I would like to know where you are located because i would love to meet up with you to talk about this job but i am currently away on a business trip. I am in Canada so there will be no much to talk about than to give you the job description.

I will prepay you in advance to do my shopping. I will also have my mails and packages forwarded to your address. If you will be unable to stay at your house to get my mails, i can have it shipped to a post office near you and then you can pick it up at your convenience. When you get my mail / packages; you are required to mail them to wherever i want them mailed to. You are not to use your money for anything because i will sort everything out myself. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me. You will work between 15 and 20 hours a month. i will be paying $400.00 per week.

I need your service because i am constantly out of town. I will return back to the state real soon so this process will be ongoing till then. If you don't mind, i will meet up with you when i return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term. Well, let me know if you are able to handle the position. No heavy packages are involved!. You can do the shopping at any nearest stores. You will be shopping for Electronics and clothing. I will provide you my personal FedEx account number for Shipping. All you have to do is provide my account number to FedEx and shipping charges will be applied into the account. I will provide a clear set of instructions for each task i need done as well the funds to cover them. If i were to mail you money to do my shopping plus upfront payment for your service, where would you want it mailed to?. How should your name appear on the payment? And you MUST have a bank account where you will deposit the payment {important for this job}. Provide the below information if you are interested to be my personal assistance.

Full Name:
Full Address: (NO P.O.BOX)
City, State, Zip-code:
Cell Phone Number :
Sex:
I believed you have read and understood the content of my mail above to know the terms and conditions attached to this job because i will not condole any mistakes to be made at any time giving instructions OK. and conditions attached to this job because i will not condole any mistakes to be made at any time giving instructions OK. Remember like i have said that your weekly wages is $400. I'll appreciate you get back to me to confirm your acceptance of this job if you are the trustworthy personal. I'm searching for in less than 24 hours, thanks and till i hear from you real soon stay bless.

An urgent response will be highly appreciated. Always check your email daily for my update. I value honesty, loyalty and punctuality are my watchword. May the almighty God bless you

Mrs Karen

After a few emails back and forth she would not respond to any of my questions asking where she was from, when we can meet in person, or if she could provide me with references. I cannot believe I gave her any of my information, I should have known better. Does anyone know how to report this kind of things? Thanks in advance for any help. Also, I'm concerned with the credibility with care.com, does anyone know if they have taken any actions to prevent these kinds of things?
#294110 by Bryon Williams Sun May 08, 2016 2:34 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

If you receive a package refuse delivery. Tell the delivery person it is an employment scam. Print out your emails and give them to the delivery person.

Your safety is not in jeopardy. Just ignore any future contact from the scammer.

Care.com is like any other listing site. They too will have scammers on the site.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/