Room for Rent and other rental scams
#261585 by Michelle Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:59 am
Date: Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 7:57 AM
Subject: RE: $800 / 3br - 1482ft2 - 3 bedrooms, one and a half bath, full finished basement, (East Brunswick, NJ)
To: Michelle Banks

Hello

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house now that we are not around. My husband and i just traveled to (Bridgeport CT) our new home, for a program called FAMILY LIFE AND HIV EDUCATION AND THE HIV PREVENTION FOR RURAL YOUTH PROGRAM, the program is taking place in three major countries in United States, Europe, Canada. We will be away for 2 to 3 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my house for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.

My husband I actually hand over the property to an agent before a change of mind in leasing it out ourselves because the agent that was in charge of our rental property was asking too much of an agent fee and also making it difficult for people who cannot afford the rent, stay away from renting our house. So i terminate the deal with the agent that i should handle it myself so that why listed the property by my self on this site, for $800 monthly because the money is not a problem to us we just looking for a good,honest family to take perfect care of the house for us while we are not in states so i will happy if you can do that for us.Attn : The rent are including the Utilities are intact such as Dishwasher,Dryer, Electric Stove, Fridge, Washer,Air Condition,Sewage,Trash,all included in the monthly rent,as i am in a governmental programmer that sponsors my utilities on monthly basis etc. Will are presently here in (Bridgeport CT) and will be very pleased if we have the opportunity in showing you around my house without you asking, but as you can see we are not around to do so as we have made all arrangement base on trust in ensuring that we have a Christian and reliable home take possession of our rental property while we are gone If you can take a tour to see the exterior part of my house and its environment that will be lovely as we have set aside a way in getting the keys and other relevant duplicate document shipped to your present home address once you have been approved as our tenant.

It has a dramatic entry foyer with ceramic floor. Extremely spacious rooms throughout with lots of big windows...nice and light! New neutral paint and some newer carpet..Very quiet, low traffic area. Appliances included are washer, dryer, oven,dishwasher, new fridge (7/07)...I believe its absolutely a perfect home for you and your family.Utilities include Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas,so if you belief you can take good care of the house and handle it like yours then I will be more than happy to let you rent the house. here are the information regarding the house.

This is the address of the House (10 Buttonwood Dr, East Brunswick, NJ 08816)
The rent is:$800
Security Deposit:$800
Total move in cost: $1,600
For this 3 Bedroom Home.
Pets Allowed:Dogs and Cats.
Available :Available Now for move in.

FEATURES : Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Fire pit, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

STATUS OF MY HOUSE:AVAILABLE FOR MOVE IN. LONG AND SHORT TERMS ARE BOTH ALLOWED. ALL PETS ARE ALLOWED.(well behaved) if you are interested below is the rental application form you can fill them up then we can proceed further.

RENT APPLICATION FORM

Name (First name/ Middle name/Surname ) : __________?
Phone numbers (home,cell and office line ) # :__________?
Marital Status:__________?
How many proposed occupants :__________?
List all in addition to yourself including approx age :__________?
Present Address :__________?
Will you have pets :__________?
Please describe Breed, size :__________?
Personality of pet :__________?
When do you plan to move in, please write exact date?
Intended length of lease:__________?
When will can you have the first month rent:__________?
If you are ask to make a down payment to secure the house today and take it off market, How much will you be able to pay:__________?
Length of previous tenancy :__________?
Present occupation :__________?
Are you a section 8 applicant
Do you work late night :__________?
Do you smoke :__________?
Do you drink :__________?
YOUR PICTURE OR FAMILY PICTURE(IF ANY):could be attached with the application______________________________?

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that,we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this. HERE IS MY HUSBAND CONTACT NUMBER (818) 925-0483

Hany Eskander,
Thanks And God Bless

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#266154 by Rockinrobin Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:47 am
I've been talking to a man named Samuel Micheal and his wife Ashley, who is trying to rent his house here in Cookeville, TN. We were going to send the $600 deposit tomorrow but I decided to check on it first because it sounded to good to be true. The number he's using now is 716 320 1799. Here's what he sent me...... Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house. Presently Myself and my family have moved out of the house due to my work transfer to HOUSTON TX for a program called family life and HIV Education and the HIV Prevention for Rural Youth Program, the program is taking place in three major countries in Europe, Africa, UK . We will be away for 3 to 4 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my house for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.

Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?
FEATURES : Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.
AMENITIES : Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Fire pit, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

DETAILS ABOUT THE HOUSE
Number of bedrooms: 3
Number of bathrooms: 2

Rental price: $675 per month and security Deposit is $600
Utilities are included in monthly rent
Security Deposits Refundable
Pets Welcome

House Address : 1035 Tanglewood Dr, Cookeville, TN 38501