Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#267737 by Dotti Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:17 pm
African scammer posing as buyer of items on for-sale sites. His intent is to send the victim a fake email from paypal stating that payment has been made, and he wants to convince the victim that he/she needs to send part of the money to the "shipper." If the victim sends money to the "shipper" then he/she will lose that money when they eventually realize that the scammer never actually made a payment.

Date:
To: xxx
Subject: Re:

Okay thank you.I’m satisfied with the condition. I won't be able to come and view it myself because I am currently away for work.but if can you guarantee that it is in a good condition, I will meet up with your last price. I know there might be other buyers patronising you already. This is more reason why i would like to get this as soon as possible.i will pay you through PayPal as it is the fastest & easiest way for me to make payment at this moment, do not worry about PayPal charges, i will take care of that and about the transportation, i shall arrange for a transport agent to come to your home directly for the pickup and transport it to my home in Austria after i have made all the necessary payment and you have confirmed this on your account.

So if you accept this transaction, you should send me your info requested below if you have an account already with PayPal:-

Name :

PayPal Email :

Mobile Number

amount:

so that i can proceed with the transfer and then we can arrange for my shipping company to come for the pick up, after you receive your money. I will need the address too for the pick up to be arranged.

i expect your reply soon.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#400811 by Michelle Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:47 am

I just completed the transfer and you have received confirmation from PayPal.. Check your gmail SPAM folder....i made an additional payment of €500.00 eur for the shipping agent pick up fee and i am sure you noticed that, according to PayPal's policy you'll have to send the extra amount to the shipping company headquarters through Bitcoin and then send the Bitcoin money transfer information to PayPal for verification, so the transaction can be finalized. and so that they can release the total amount of the €875.00 eur into your account.. Here is the info you need to send the fee to the shipping agent through Bitcoin…

Go to buy.moonpay.io select currency and Choose the BTC-Bitcoin option..
Enter amount to transfer Copy and paste the Bitcoin Core Address and click Buy Now . ( 147AjzbU3KpwUKpYCfvVPHkXqnTVcBEk5s )
Simply follow the instructions and input required details.
Once the transfer is successful, forward the confirmation page for proper verification and completion of the transaction.
Now you should visit the site buy.moonpay.io to complete the transaction.... Email PayPal with the details when you are done.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#403957 by Michelle Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:22 am
Andrew Weathersby <[email protected]>

I just completed the transfer and you would have received confirmation from PayPal.. so i want you to send me the address where the pick up would be made and i made an additional payment of €419 for the shipping agent pick up fee and i am sure you noticed that, according to PayPal's policy you'll have to send the extra amount to the shipping company headquarters through Mo419neyGram and then send the money transfer information to PayPal for verification, so the transaction can be finalized. and so that they can release the total amount into your account.. Here is the info you need to send the fee to the shipping agent through MoneyGram…

Name: JAGOBA NORENIO
City : KIEV
State: KIEV
Postal Code : 9100

Now you should visit the nearest MoneyGram to complete the transaction, you can locate any MoneyGram outlet in any of your local post office as there is always an outlet there.... Email PayPal with the details when you are done.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.