Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#271301 by sweetheartbabez Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:53 pm
I received an email this morning about a job that I don't remember applying for. This email was in my junk folder and was sent to my school email. An email that I only use for reputable jobs or job fairs, etc. Never for anything else. The day before I mistakenly used my school email to send my friend a job link from a craiglist ad and I can only assume that is where this mysterious email came from.

Email from [email protected]

"Dear applicant,
As in regards to your response to our post for the Customer Service/Data Entry/Administrative Assistant Position,The Hiring Desk has reviewed your resume for the Customer Service/Data Entry/Administrative Assistant Position and we believe you have the required qualifications to proceed.This is a Customer Service/Data Entry/Administrative Assistant Position,Working hours are flexible starting from 8am,Monday-Friday.The starting pay is $27.00 per/hr for this Customer Service/Data Entry/Administrative Assistant Position,You are also expected to come online through Yahoo Messenger during working hours.
I want you to setup a yahoo messenger and if you got one already use it,add Mrs Carolyn Baker the Interview Manager and IM her on this ID([email protected]) asap for the interview/briefing and comprehensive job details.This is our first step to proceed further.she will be on online waiting for you. Interview Schedule date/time is Wednesday-Friday (9am-3pm).

Best Regards
Human Resources."

I knew it was a scam because I have never been asked to do an interview via yahoo messenger and I didn't remember even applying for the job. It was also weird that an administrative assistant would be making so much hourly. Such jobs are normally between $xx and $xx per hour. But, I was curious, so I continued the conversation on my yahoo account. Below is the conversation. FYI I used a fake name and fake location to protect myself.

"Me:‎ Hello
Mrs Carolyn Baker:‎ How are you doing today ?
Me:‎ I am doing alright. Thank you
Me:‎ I received an email from your co-worker in regards to a job position.
Me:‎ Can you tell me more about the company you work for?
Mrs Carolyn Baker:‎ Yes sure.
Mrs Carolyn Baker:‎ Are you ready for the job briefing and interview now ?
Me:‎ yes
Mrs Carolyn Baker:‎
My name is Mrs Carolyn Baker the Hiring Manager of IHC Group... Am here to brief you more about the job briefing/interview and will also like to know if you are ready for your interview.
Me:‎ YES
Mrs Carolyn Baker:‎ * What's your full name and where are you located ?
Me:‎ My name is xxxxxxxxx
Me:‎ I am located in xxxxxxxx
Mrs Carolyn Baker:‎ Nice to meet you xxxxxxxx
Me:‎ Ok, now may I know the company you work for and how you received my email information?
Mrs Carolyn Baker:‎ This is Independence Holding Company.
Me:‎ Ok and how did you receive my information Mrs. Baker?
Me:‎ I do not remember applying for this position.
Mrs Carolyn Baker:‎ Never mind then.
Me:‎ So how did you receive my information?
Me:‎ You people should be ashamed of yourselves trying to scam innocent people who are looking for legit places to work.
Me:‎ May God punish you.
Mrs Carolyn Baker:‎ God will purnish you
Me:‎ And if you were really from that company, you would explain to me exactly what your company does which you did not."

Sad.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Edited out personal information and info helpful to scammers.
Advertisement

#271303 by Bryon Williams Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:09 pm
The scammer is from W. Africa. These scammers will post on Craigslist and job boards.

Domain Name: IHCGROUPINC.COM
Registrar: TUCOWS DOMAINS INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 69
Whois Server: whois.tucows.com
Referral URL: http://www.tucowsdomains.com
Name Server: NS2.VPWEB.COM
Name Server: NS3.VPWEB.COM
Name Server: NS4.VPWEB.COM
Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Updated Date: 21-sep-2015
Creation Date: 21-sep-2015
Expiration Date: 21-sep-2016

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#271364 by vonpaso xlura Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:21 am
The writing of both the letter and the interview show that the scammer is African.

ihcgroupinc.com is an email-only domain. Please post the email from the domain with complete headers so that we can kill it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#271948 by Mike Wilson Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:47 pm
The domain ihcgroupinc.com is now offline. If you receive an email from this domain please contact me.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon