Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
Advertisement

#251362 by Mish1209 Sun May 17, 2015 12:36 am
I originally responded to a job in a mail room to [email protected]. I received a response from [email protected]:

Hello,

I am replying back to your message concerning the job posted on Craigslist in which you're interested in,your application was
received, unfortunately the position already been filled, but there's another position to be filled, if you will be interested. I have had a previous Personal assistant who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 3 Years, she has since moved on with her personal life and it has affected me in away. I found her previously on the Craigslist website and I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been. I need your service because I am constantly out of town. I will return back to the state real soon so this process will be on going till then. If you don't mind, I will
meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.

JOB DESCRIPTION
You will be a Personal Assistant,you will walk in to any warehouse which we will be disclosed to you soon and you would be expected to inspect,test, sample, and sorting of products or goods being Purchased. The Purchased products can include a large range of items, including food, Art-Materials, machinery, equipment or pharmaceuticals. Depending the type of manufacturing environment, When you get my mails / packages; you are required to mail them to where ever i want them mailed to. You don't have to put money out of your pocket, all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content.

All expenses and taxes will be paid by me including your weekly salaries.No heavy packages is involved! You can do the shopping at any nearest stores. You will be shopping for Art Materials and clothing sorting out my delivers and packages. I will provide you my personal UPS account number for Shipping.

All you have to do is provide my account number to UPS and
shipping charges will be applied into the account. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them.You will be working 2 to 3 days in a week and you're to choose any 2 to 3 days days of the week from Monday to Saturday
that will be preferable to you and you will be working 4-5 hrs in these 3 days and we will be offering you $380.00 per week.

Type: Full-Time/Part time
Hours: 10-20 Hours per week
Days: 3 days per week
Weekly Pay: $380.00

BENEFITS:
• AD & D Insurance
• 401(k)

If you're interested please provide information below:

Full Name
Full Physical Address
CITY: STATE: ZIPCODE:
Cell Phone Number:
Home Phone Number IF ANY:

I will be looking forward to hearing from you and then proceed on the next step

Best Regards.

Chris Ashton

I responded not knowing it was a scam and gave him the info he asked for. Should I be worried about this person having my personal info, is there anything I can do to protect myself?
#251363 by CumminsDslPwr Sun May 17, 2015 12:48 am
You should be fine.
It sounds like the Scammer was looking for a package mule, reshipper.
If you receive any packages, mail or checks, report them to the postal inspector, and or refuse delivery due to the fact that you believe they are being sent fraudulently.
Don.t communicate any further with the Scammer, and don't tell them you are aware of the scam, or that it is posted here.
If you gave them your phone # and they happen to call you, make up an excuse why you are no longer able to be employed by them, sick relative out of state, etc.
Just be glad you became aware that it was a scam, before it went too far.
If you would, please copy & paste the complete email headers here after removing your personal info.
The info may help another potential victim, thank you and welcome to Scam Warners.

In God We Trust, All Others Must Pay Cash
#252542 by truth778 Sun May 24, 2015 12:16 pm
I recieved a cashiers check to be deposited in my account. my bank cashed >the bank cashed it and all then 4 days later it came back fraudulent. I did my partnot knowing that I was being scammed. .now wells Fargo says I owe them $3,000 can I fight that due to what's the purpose of a bank if they can't protect me of this .
#252544 by AlanJones Sun May 24, 2015 12:29 pm
I doubt you're going to have much luck fighting it I'm afraid. If you deposit a check then you are liable for the funds being reversed any time it is discovered to be fake/fraudulent and that could take weeks or even months if it drawn on an infrequently used account. How are your bank expected to know that the check was fake.

You could well also be hit with bank charges for passing a dud check and even reported for wire fraud.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#252572 by vonpaso xlura Sun May 24, 2015 7:34 pm
You can't avoid paying back the money, but you may be able to avoid overdraft charges and criminal charges if you print out all the communication between you and the scammer and show it to the fraud department at the bank, explaining that you thought it was a legitimate job.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#272135 by FedUpCarter Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:12 pm
I just got hit with this and I'm sooooo glad I searched before I went through with this foolishness.

The subject header for the email is
***(((PACKAGE DELIVERED)))***:

How are you doing, the tracking number show that the package
has been delivered to you, kindly get the check deposit at your bank
today while your bank will process within 24hrs and credit your
account tomorrow. Once you have the funds in your account tomorrow
then i will email you with the further instructions on how you going
to supply the materials.

he is now using [email protected] and [email protected] and the following signature in his emails:

BrunoArts & Sculptures.
Tel: +1 (541) 203-3504 USA
Tel: +613 2833 9382 Australia
Email: [email protected]

He's also been texting me from 424-248-5802.

The check arrived today but I haven't even opened up the box because I'm at work.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
#272138 by Bryon Williams Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:24 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Give the unopened package to whoever delivered it. Tell them there is a fake check in it and show them the emails you received.

Stop all contact with the scammer. Ignore his future contacts. Block him. You do not need to explain anything to him. Leave him guessing where he messed up.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#272171 by Terminator5 Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:05 am
Take a look at domain , brunosarts.com . Domain Registration looks dodgy . Could be a fake / spoof for a legit business. I'll research it more in the AM when I'm on my pc .

Daniel 8 :25
#272249 by Terminator5 Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:55 am
(424) 248-5802 also used in "JohnRahim Arts & sculptures" Money Mule Employment Scam , January 2015 . And some earlier arts and sculptures scams by various names . Listed here on this blog .

http://ktmobooks.blogspot.com/2014/03/r ... m-job.html

https://www.foothillcu.org/info-and-res ... and-alerts

Scam Alert Involving Foothill Credit Union Fraudulent Cashier’s Checks

There is a current scam on craigslist where someone is posting an advertisement for part-time office work. The person claims to be Mr. John from Bruno Arts & Sculptures. He is sending fraudulent cashier’s checks drawn on Foothill Credit Union stating that you should deposit the check at your bank, deduct $400 as your first weeks’ pay, then he contacts you to supply materials with the remaining funds. Most are in the amount $1,993.00 but other dollar amounts are being reported as well.

Daniel 8 :25
#272679 by WhyamIStillAwake Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:08 am
Dear Application,

I am replying your message concerning the job posted on Craigslist
in which you're interested in, your application was received,
unfortunately the position is filled already, but there's another
position if you are interested.

I'm impressed when I read your mail, probably you could be the
right one for this job. I had a personal assistant who worked with me
for 6 months and she did well.

Shes not longer working with me now, she relocated with her family and
have another job. I found her on Craigslist and I sincerely hope I
will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she
was. I need someone who is competent in handling things for me even
when I am not available. Right now, I am out of the States to
Australia and i will be back on 18th of Dec, we can talk on the
possibility of us working together, longer, provided this job is done
efficiently.

JOB DESCRIPTION

It is a simple job and does not require a special skill to do it.
You will be MY personal assistant, temporarily. All you need to do is
to go to stores where art items are sold. You will shop for some of
these items. Payment for these items will be made to you and also the
full description of what you are shopping for. After these items are
shopped, it shall be mailed to the address I will provide you with
upon your agreement to work with me. All expenses and taxes will be
paid by me including your weekly salaries.

Once again, specifics of the art items to shop for will be sent to
you. I will provide you my personal UPS account number for Shipping.
All you have to do is provide my account number to UPS and shipping
charges will be applied into the account. I will provide clear set of
instructions for each task I need done as well as the funds to cover
them. You will be working 3 days in a week and you're to choose any 3
days of the week from Monday to Saturday that will be preferable to
you and you will be working 4 hrs in these 3 days and that will be
from 9 am-1 pm and an offer of $400.00 per week will be made to you.

Type: Full-Time
Hours: 15 Hours per week
Weekly Pay: $400.00

BENEFITS:
• AD & D Insurance
• 401(k)

If you're interested please provide contact details. full name, full
physical address and cell phone number to get started.

Email the required details to the admin on ( [email protected]
) this will enable the processing of your application without any
delay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Mr.John
BrunoArts & Sculptures.
Tel: +1 (323) 389-6019 USA
Tel: +613 2833 9382 Australia
Email: [email protected]
#302177 by Scammeenot Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:15 pm
I got suckered into replying to the Craigslist ad but luckily I found this post before I responded back to the "job offer." Here's the original Craigslist posting that I found along with the email response that I had received and the email associated with the scam:

CRAIGSLIST AD
Email this person: [email protected]

Warehouse Worker (CA) hide this posting
compensation: $16/hr
employment type: full-time
Dependable, Strong and detailed oriented individuals needed to work full time for warehouse.

Must demonstrate reliability and stability
Routine knowledge of computers
Must be at least 21 year of age
Must be able to load, unload and perform other related duties

$16 for a start

Apply now if you are interested.
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
• do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers

EMAIL RESPONSE
Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 9:26 AM
To:
Subject: Re: Warehouse Worker

Hello,
I received your email in respect to the job posted on Craigslist, thank you for your interest. Unfortunately the position you applied for has already been filled, but there's another position to be filled, if you will be interested. I have gone through your email and I'm quite impressed, you have been selected as a potential candidate for a Personal Assistant position. I need your service because I'm constantly out of town. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.

JOB DESCRIPTION
You will be a Personal Assistant, you will walk in to any warehouse which we will be disclosed to you soon and you would be expected to inspect,test, sample and sorting of products or goods being purchased. The Purchased products can include a large range of items, including food, Art-Materials, machinery, equipment or pharmaceuticals. Depending the type of manufacturing environment. You don't have to put money out of your pocket for any of this, you will also receive packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content. All expenses and taxes will be paid by me including your weekly salaries. No heavy packages is involved! You can do the shopping at any nearest stores. You will be shopping for Art Materials and clothing sorting out my delivers and packages. I will provide you my personal UPS account number for Shipping. All you have to do is provide my account number to UPS and shipping charges will be applied into the account. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them. You will be working 3 days in a week and you're to choose any 3 days of the week from Monday to Saturday that will be preferable to you and you will be working 4hrs in these 3 days between 9am-1pm. Your compensation for this position is $490

Type: Full-Time
Hours: 15 Hours per week
Weekly Pay: $490

BENEFITS:

• AD & D Insurance
• 401(k)

If you're interested please provide contact details.

Full Name:
Address (including Apt#):
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Cell Phone#:
I will be looking forward to hear back from you so we can proceed on the next step.

Regards
Robert Carter
Phone # 818-650-0710