If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#274122 by Pedro Lima Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:15 pm
After adding me in LinkedIn and contacting me through LinkedIn message system, sent me this email:

Sent: November 7, 2015 06:27
To: Pedro Lima
Subject: ***SPAM*** My personal email

Contact me strictly through this email = [email protected]

Hello,Greetings to you and your family.

I have been in search of someone with the surname"Lima, so when I saw you online, I was pushed to contact you and see how best we can assist each other. I am Mr. Ibrahim Abdulla a Bank Officer here in U. A. E. I believe it is a great opportunity for me to come across you now. I am having an important business discussion I wish to share with you which I believe will interest you, because it is in connection with your last name and you are going to benefit from it.

One Late Michael Lima, a citizen of your country had a fixed deposit with my bank in 2009 for 60 calendar months, valued at US$26,700,000.00 (Twenty Six Million, Seven Hundred Thousand US Dollars) the due date for this deposit contract was 22nd of March 2014. Sadly Michael was among the death victims in Earthquake disaster that occurred in the off coast of central Chile on Saturday, 27 February 2010 that killed over 800 people.

He was in Chile on a business trip and that was how he met his end. My bank management is yet to know about his death, I knew about it because he was my friend and I am his account officer. Michael did not mention any Next of Kin/ Heir when the account was opened, and he was not married and no children. Last week my Bank Management requested that Michael should give instructions on what to do about his funds, if to renew the contract. I know this will happen and that is why I have been looking for a means to handle the situation, because if my Bank Directors happen to know that Michael is dead and do not have any Heir, they will take the funds for their personal use, so I don't want such to happen.

That was why when I saw your last name, I was happy and I am now seeking your co-operation to present you as Next of Kin/ Heir to the account, since you have the same last name with him and my bank head quarters will release the account to you. There is no risk involved, this transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law.
It is better that we claim the money, than allowing the Bank Directors to take it, they are rich already.

I am not a greedy person, so I am suggesting we share the funds equal, 50/50% to both parties, my share will assist me to start my own company which has been my dream. Let me know your mind on this and please do treat this information as TOP
SECRET. We shall go over the details once I receive your urgent response strictly through my personal email address = [email protected]

We can as well discuss this on phone or Skype ibrahim.abdullah665 let me know when you will be Available Have a nice day and God bless.
Anticipating your communication.

Ibrahim Abdullah
Advertisement

#280506 by Pedro Martinez Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:33 pm

Hello Pedro, Greetings to you and your family.

I have been in search of someone with the surname "Martinez", so when I saw you online, I was pushed to contact you and see how best we can assist each other. I am Mr. Ibrahim Abdullah, a Bank Officer here in U. A. E. I believe it is a great opportunity for me to come across you now. I am having an important business discussion I wish to share with you which I believe will interest you, because it is in connection with your last name and you are going to benefit from it.

One Late Michael Martinez, a citizen of your country had a fixed deposit with my bank in 2009 for 60 calendar months, valued at US$26,700,000.00 (Twenty Six Million, Seven Hundred Thousand US Dollars) the due date for this deposit contract was 22nd of March 2014. Sadly Michael was among the death victims in Earthquake disaster that occurred in the off coast of central Chile on Saturday, 27 February 2010 that killed over 800 people. He was in Chile on a business trip and that was how he met his end. My bank management is yet to know about his death, I knew about it because he was my friend and I am his account officer.

Michael did not mention any Next of Kin/ Heir when the account was opened, and he was not married and no children. Last week my Bank Management requested that Michael should give instructions on what to do about his funds, if to renew the contract. I know this will happen and that is why I have been looking for a means to handle the situation, because if my Bank Directors happen to know that Michael is dead and do not have any Heir, they will take the funds for their personal use, so I don't want such to happen. That was why when I saw your last name, I was happy and I am now seeking your co-operation to present you as Next of Kin/ Heir to the account, since you have the same last name with him and my bank head quarters will release the account to you. There is no risk involved, this transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law.

It is better that we claim the money, than allowing the Bank Directors to take it, they are rich already. I am not a greedy person, so I am suggesting we share the funds equal, 50/50% to both parties, my share will assist me to start my own company which has been my dream. Let me know your mind on this and please do treat this information as TOP SECRET. We shall go over the details once I receive your urgent response strictly through my personal email address = [email protected]

We can as well discuss this on phone; let me know when you will be available Have a nice day and God bless. Anticipating your communication.

Best Regards,
Mr. Ibrahim Abdullah
#280892 by lapd911 Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:01 pm

Hello XXX, Greetings to you and your family.

I have been in search of someone with the surname "XXX", so when I saw you online, I was pushed to contact you and see how best we can assist each other. I am Mr. Ibrahim Abdullah, a Bank Officer here in U. A. E. I believe it is a great opportunity for me to come across you now. I am having an important business discussion I wish to share with you which I believe will interest you, because it is in connection with your last name and you are going to benefit from it.

One Late Michael XXX, a citizen of your country had a fixed deposit with my bank in 2009 for 60 calendar months, valued at US$26,700,000.00 (Twenty Six Million, Seven Hundred Thousand US Dollars) the due date for this deposit contract was 22nd of March 2014. Sadly Michael was among the death victims in Earthquake disaster that occurred in the off coast of central Chile on Saturday, 27 February 2010 that killed over 800 people. He was in Chile on a business trip and that was how he met his end. My bank management is yet to know about his death, I knew about it because he was my friend and I am his account officer.

Michael did not mention any Next of Kin/ Heir when the account was opened, and he was not married and no children. Last week my Bank Management requested that Michael should give instructions on what to do about his funds, if to renew the contract. I know this will happen and that is why I have been looking for a means to handle the situation, because if my Bank Directors happen to know that Michael is dead and do not have any Heir, they will take the funds for their personal use, so I don't want such to happen. That was why when I saw your last name, I was happy and I am now seeking your co-operation to present you as Next of Kin/ Heir to the account, since you have the same last name with him and my bank head quarters will release the account to you. There is no risk involved, this transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law.

It is better that we claim the money, than allowing the Bank Directors to take it, they are rich already. I am not a greedy person, so I am suggesting we share the funds equal, 50/50% to both parties, my share will assist me to start my own company which has been my dream. Let me know your mind on this and please do treat this information as TOP SECRET. We shall go over the details once I receive your urgent response strictly through my personal email address = [email protected]

We can as well discuss this on phone; let me know when you will be available Have a nice day and God bless. Anticipating your communication.

Best Regards,
Mr. Ibrahim Abdullah
#281719 by ThierryG Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:57 am
Hi
I received the same. :)
Mr Abdullah is welknown !!

Hello Thierry, Greetings to you and your family.

I have been in search of someone with the surname "xxxxx", so when I saw you online, I was pushed to contact you and see how best we can assist each other. I am Mr. Ibrahim Abdullah, a Bank Officer here in U. A. E. I believe it is a great opportunity for me to come across you now. I am having an important business discussion I wish to share with you which I believe will interest you, because it is in connection with your last name and you are going to benefit from it.

One Late Michael xxxx, a citizen of your country had a fixed deposit with my bank in 2009 for 72 calendar months, valued at US$26,700,000.00 (Twenty Six Million, Seven Hundred Thousand US Dollars) the due date for this deposit contract was 22nd of March 2015. Sadly Michael was among the death victims in Earthquake disaster that occurred in the off coast of central Chile on Saturday, 27 February 2010 that killed over 800 people. He was in Chile on a business trip and that was how he met his end. My bank management is yet to know about his death, I knew about it because he was my friend and I am his account officer.

Best Regards,
Mr. Ibrahim Abdullah
#281929 by Peter Dresen Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:24 pm
Hello

I have also been set up for this scam of Mr Ibrahim Abdullah mailto: [email protected] and the attorney Mohamed Ayloush mailto: [email protected]
Mr Ibrahim send me a mail with same content and I have been naive enough to go along. I have yesterday got in contact with the attorney to start the transfer to my account.
Please enlighten me what to do.
Best regards Peter
#281947 by HillBilly Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:19 am
Peter Dresen wrote:Please enlighten me what to do.
Best regards Peter

Hi and welcome, Peter. Unfortunately you have given us vague if not incomplete details, so we can outline basics for you, that is it.

Stop all communications with the scammer ( both of these "individuals" are one and the same scammer). Block their email addresses. If you have given your phone # do not answer any calls from unidentified or unknown callers.

If you have given your bank details out call your bank and speak to their fraud department. Ask them what you should do ( if anything). You may need to temporarily freeze your account, or just put an alert on it for any suspicious activity.
Do not tell the scammer he is posted here, do not accuse him of scamming. Just fall off the face of the earth and let him wonder what happened to you.

#286199 by fvasquez17 Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:46 pm
After I accept the request of LinkedIn he sent the email below. He has changed the email address to a Gmail account

Hello Removed (BW), Greetings to you and your family.

I have been in search of someone with the surname "Vasquez", so when I saw you online, I was pushed to contact you and see how best we can assist each other. I am Mr. Ibrahim Abdullah, a Bank Officer here in U. A. E. I believe it is a great opportunity for me to come across you now. I am having an important business discussion I wish to share with you which I believe will interest you, because it is in connection with your last name and you are going to benefit from it.

One Late Michael Vasquez, a citizen of your country had a fixed deposit with my bank in 2009 for 60 calendar months, valued at US$26,700,000.00 (Twenty Six Million, Seven Hundred Thousand US Dollars) the due date for this deposit contract was 22nd of March 2014. Sadly Michael was among the death victims in Earthquake disaster that occurred in the off coast of central Chile on Saturday, 27 February 2010 that killed over 800 people. He was in Chile on a business trip and that was how he met his end. My bank management is yet to know about his death, I knew about it because he was my friend and I am his account officer.

Best Regards,

Ibrahim Abdullah