Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#274304 by Jevy032192 Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:40 am
Hi,
I recently been looking for a car. And the lawyer's name is Cosby Appiah who will be receiving my payment. Can I know what happened here? How did this became a scam?
Thanks. Hoping for a response.
Advertisement

#274306 by Mike Wilson Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:48 am
Hello Jevy032192,
This is a scam, Never pay money for a car without actually inspecting the car first.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#274309 by Jevy032192 Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:00 am
His also asking for a deposit, but on Money Gram. Where I can easily get my money. But is this really true? What did happened on the one posted this about rental?
#274311 by Mike Wilson Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:07 am
Hello Jevy032192,
It is ALWAYS a scam if a person selling a car wants the money sent via Money Gram or Western Union. You are in contact with a scammer and the car does not exist. Everything he told you was a lie to steal your money.

Please post the email where he asked for the payment and include the email address and any telephone numbers given to you.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#274318 by Jevy032192 Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:22 am
This was the 1st email sent to me after I inquired about an ad online.

[email protected]
HI
I have just received your request on the sale of my car Nissan Urvan Escapade year-2007 price PHP 180.000. It is in very good condition and has no mechanical problems. Car always well maintained. Absolutely no repairs needed. My car has never had any accident. Moreover, all these documents are OK. As a feature, it has:

Make: Nissan
Model: Urvan Escapade
Year: 2007
Mileage: 61,100
Gearbox: Manual
Diesel
12 seater
Private used
Complete manual and spare key
All stock
Original paint flawless no repainted panel
63tkms only
New tires
Well maintained
Very fresh .
Papers Clean and Complete
Zero / No Accident, 100% not flooded

I am eligible for retirement in January and I just joined my wife state function abroad. We will return to the country in November 2016 and this is the reason why the car was for sale. Before my trip, I gave the car to a carrier in the country who will deliver it to you. If you are interested, leave me your contact information so that I transmit to the carrier who will contact you for a visit to your home without shipping costs. You'll have only PHP 180.000 to pay for the price of my car to delivery after testing the car and check all its papers.If you are interested to our proposition, please let your following address:

Family name............................................
First name..............................................
Addess..................................................
Zip code...............................................
City....................................................
Telephone number...........................

I'm waiting for your anwser.
Thanks.
#274319 by Jevy032192 Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:27 am
Then his caretaker sent this email to me.

DELIVERY SERVICE

HELLO

SHIPMENT OF YOUR PARCEL IN A CLICK

FULL DELIVERY ADDRESS
FULL name *
CITY *

DELIVERY ADRESS *
ZIP CODE *
MOBILE PHONE *
DATE AND TIME OF DELIVERY November, Thursday 12, 2015

This is how we will proceed to the delivery

Good pm Mam Jennifer, i am Mr Clavita the caretaker of Mr Arenzo in charge of the delivery of his Nissan Urvan. I will deliver the car to your address this coming Thursday. Before the delivery can take place i will need you to give me the proof that you are serious buyer for the purchase,so you will have to prepare a deposit at Money Gram. In proceeding for my deliveries i only receive my payment (for maintainance, guarding and delivery) 10k in hand I don't receive any kind of payment in cash for security purpose and also because 180k is a big amount of money.So since i don't accept any payment in cash for reasons of security,I will not take the 180K in cash .You will have to prepare the receipt from Money Gram of 170k and prepare my 10k in cash before i take road to your home address that Mr Arenzo has given me.
It means you will go to one of Money Gram's agency near your home and make a deposit of the 170K including the transfer fee on the address of Mr Arenzo and you prepare the cash of 10k which i will take after finalisation of the transaction.
Once at your place, after your test driving of the car,you will check all the papers that Mr Arenzo had given me before traveling such as the
Official Receipt and Certicate Receipt of the car
Deed of Absolute sale ,service card and warranty of the car;all the documents pertaining for it,one copy of the ID card of the owner that you will also check upon delivery and a letter of authorization direct from Mr Arenzo.

After test driving and checking of the papers if they are legal , if the car suit you, you will then give the receipt from Money Gram that you have prepared and my 10k you have prepared in cash to take the unit and then, proceed to the signature of the deed of sale .I want make you to understand that you will not give the Reference number until you test drive the unit,check the documents(OR,CR,DEED OF SALE)which is the assurance of the safety of your hard earned money.Before I take road to your home ,you will have to confirm me honnestly that you have already made the deposit.So my Dear customer it will be just a deposit and you keep jealously the receipt from Money Gram on which there are the details to withdraw the money.

Ps: all cash payment upon delivery is not possible just to be sure that you really have money to buy a car and for my safety and without the check of Money Gram i will not be able to deliver you.

if that's okay with you listen to how we will procced:

- just email Mr Arenzo and ask for the full details on which you can prepare the deposit and how you will you will deposit the said amount of 170k at Money Gram tomorrow before i take road to your place on Thursday.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE.I'm at your service 24h/24h

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

EXPLANATION

Money Gram is a service which help people to send money everywhere in the world
1- After making the deposit you will have a receipt of deposit and on this receipt you have information like Reference number
2-It will be after i deliver the car and it's ok with you that you will give me the receipt from Money Gram which contains the Reference number you can contact me on 09434750766
email: [email protected]
#274320 by Jevy032192 Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:32 am
When I asked for the deposit details here's the email I received.

Here are the full details of my lawyer on which to prepare the deposit at Money Gram.

First name: Cosby
Last name: APPIAH
City: Paris
Zip Code: 75001

Note:
Do not to make mistake with the address at Money Gram

PS: I want to give a clarification regarding the transfer fee, the transfer fee will be on my charge. So once at Money Gram just give the teller the 170K and ask them to deduct the transfer fee from it, which means that the transfer fee will be deducted from the 170K. Once you have made the deposit just take good care by covering (hide) the Reference number on the deposit slip and email me the deposit slip and send also one copy to Mr Clavita to prove that the deposit is really done and after delivery of the car you will give the Reference number to Mr Clavita or you will give him the original receipt. We just need to read on the deposit slip the date; amount of deposit, the full name of sender and receiver.

Email me back if you got it and also confirm to me when the deposit will be done.

Thanks
#274323 by Jevy032192 Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:37 am
When i received thd last email, I searched the name through google because if that name is a lawyer, a bar exam passer, I should get something. And this site was what I saw.
#274326 by Mike Wilson Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:43 am
This confirms the scam. The scammer will have enough information to collect the payment and he will then disappear and you money will be gone forever.
The best thing to do now is to stop all contact with this thief and don't even tell hen that you know it is a scam. Block or ignore all new emails and telephone calls and he will eventually go away and look for another victim..

If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

I will make a new thread for this scammer later today.

It is ALWAYS a scam
#274329 by Jevy032192 Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:04 pm
Thank you so much for your reply! I learned a lot!
By the way, I asked the caretaker to take a picture with the car beside the plate number. I'll know by tom what's their excuse.
#274330 by Mike Wilson Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:07 pm
Please stop communicating with these criminals and just let them wonder what went wrong.

It is ALWAYS a scam
#275927 by Carefullady Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:06 pm
Just want to share that I received the same email from: Ercel Labradores <[email protected]>
This is certainly scam. Please be wary.

​--------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 1:54 PM
Subject: 2010 Hyundai Grand starex vgt crdi

HI
I have just received your request on the sale of my car Hyundai Grand starex year-2010 price PHP 200.000. It is in very good condition and has no mechanical problems. Car always well maintained. Absolutely no repairs needed. My car has never had any accident. Moreover, all these documents are OK. As a feature, it has:

Make: Hyundai
Model: Grand starex vgt crdi
Year: 2010
Mileage: 58.100 KM
Gearbox: Automatic
Thick tires
3m tint
Original flawless paint
Comprehensive insurance
Very fresh
All stock
Well maintained.
Zero / No Accident, 100% not flooded

I am eligible for retirement in January and I just joined my wife state function abroad. We will return to the country in November 2016 and this is the reason why the car was for sale. Before my trip, I gave the car to a carrier in the country who will deliver it to you. If you are interested, leave me your contact information so that I transmit to the carrier who will contact you for a visit to your home without shipping costs. You'll have only PHP 200.000 to pay for the price of my car to delivery after testing the car and check all its papers.If you are interested to our proposition, please let your following address:

Family name............................................
First name..............................................
Addess..................................................
Zip code...............................................
City....................................................
Telephone number...........................

I'm waiting for your anwser.
Thanks.
#278960 by kjjcw24 Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:24 am
I have been looking to buy a car on line when I return to the Philippians and ever person I contacted said the exact same thing about using money gram having the car delivered to my home and about them being out the country for 1 reason or another. this is that the car delivery service sent me I because suspicious when they refused to give me the mileage for the car? I have had 4 different cars do the same thing with the same explinations

Currently I am abroad I am not in the Philippines if not i will meet you for arrangement of the car.I'm here in SINGAPORE where i have to do 3 years for the word of God before come back to philippines.but the car is currently with our caretaker in philippines with whom I have already arranged everything before leaving.So if you are interested my caretaker will deliver you at your home in any city you are in philippines without taking any shipping cost because I have already paid for everything before leaving.

So the car is currently with the caretaker with all its documents already wrapped, which are updated such as the Deed of Absolute sale ,Official Receipt and Certicate Receipt of the car,service card and warranty of the car;and all the documents pertaining for the car............... on your worry ,let me tell you not to worry because this is how the transaction will take place: once my carrier at your home you will pass to test driving of the car and engine,checks all its papers so it is after all these steps you will now take a decision that is to say if the car suits you or not.In case the car will suit you pass to the signatures of the papers that me the seller had already signed before left. but if after all these steps it does not suit you(what i don't think) you say to the caretaker and he returns without taking anything as shipping coste. so it's not that you will automatically take the car once it's at your home no no

but be sure and very sure that you will like my car..

I decided to sell my car not for money but to find a good owner that he keeps like me,why I have the leaves at a price of 180 000 php to quickly find a taker. So I have give the car to a mechanic friend who is also a great carrier offering to your home without any shipping cost. Then please fill me this form only

I was asked this garage so that we can set up an appointment:

If you are interested and if you really want the chain looking then quickly respond by completing the form that I pass on to my driver and it will contact you for the rest if not it would be too late.

Please fill out the form as follows:

This is how we will proceed to the delivery

Good pm Mr Kenneth, i am Mr Clavita the caretaker of Mr DOMINGO in charge of the delivery of his Honda Jazz. I will deliver the car to your address this coming Saturday. Before the delivery can take place i will need you to give me the proof that you are serious buyer for the purchase,so you will have to prepare a deposit at Money Gram. In proceeding for my deliveries i only receive my payment (for maintainance, guarding and delivery) 10k in hand I don't receive any kind of payment in cash for security purpose and also because 120k is a big amount of money.So since i don't accept any payment in cash for reasons of security,I will not take the 120K in cash .You will have to prepare the receipt from Money Gram of 110k and prepare my 10k in cash before i take road to your home address that Mr DOMINGO has given me.

It means you will go to one of Money Gram's agency near your home and make a deposit of the 110K including the transfer fee on the address of Mr DOMINGO and you prepare the cash of 10k which i will take after finalisation of the transaction.

Once at your place, after your test driving of the car,you will check all the papers that Mr DOMINGO had given me before traveling such as the

Official Receipt and Certicate Receipt of the car

Deed of Absolute sale ,service card and warranty of the car;all the documents pertaining for it,one copy of the ID card of the owner that you will also check upon delivery and a letter of authorization direct from Mr DOMINGO .

After test driving and checking of the papers if they are legal , if the car suit you, you will then give the receipt from Money Gram that you have prepared and my 10k you have prepared in cash to take the unit and then, proceed to the signature of the deed of sale .I want make you to understand that you will not give the reference number until you test drive the unit,check the documents(OR,CR,DEED OF SALE)which is the assurance of the safety of your hard earned money.Before I take road to your home ,you will have to confirm me honnestly that you have already made the deposit.So my Dear customer it will be just a deposit and you keep jealously the receipt from Money Gram on which there are the details to withdraw the money.

Ps: all cash payment upon delivery is not possible just to be sure that you really have money to buy a car and for my safety and without the check of Money Gram i will not be able to deliver you.

if that's okay with you listen to how we will procced:

- just email Mr DOMINGO and ask for the full details on which you can prepare the deposit and how you will you will deposit the said amount of 110k at Money Gram tomorrow before i take road to your place on Saturday.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE.I'm at your service 24h/24h

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

EXPLANATION

Money Gram is a service which help people to send money everywhere in the world

1- After making the deposit you will have a receipt of deposit and on this receipt you have information like reference number

2-It will be after i deliver the car and it's ok with you that you will give me the receipt from Money Gram which contains the reference number you can contact me on 09434750766

email: clavitabuenaventuragmail.com