If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#282944 by Bilock123 Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:32 pm
My cousin has recently gotten themselves in a pickle. He started talking to a person on pof who was 18 and then said was 17. They started talking and the guy was very persistent with the topic of hooking up and/or trading nudes. My cousin ended up sending some nudes (no sexual act) to them while under the influence and they sent nudes (no sexual act) without even being asked for them. The next day their "father" tested my cousin saying that his wife was going to call the cops and file a report the next day at 3 pm and should call him. And when my cousin called him they didn't answer and didn't have a voice mail set up. We then tested him asking about the lack of voicemail or the phone being picked up and said it's ok they are dealing with the cops and will require no futher contact.
Advertisement

#282946 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:49 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Have your cousin ignore all contact from the scammer.

Cancel his account on POF.

He may even have to change his phone number.

The scammer may also pretend to be Law Enforcement.

Please read other stories here >> https://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=115628

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#282947 by Bilock123 Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:55 pm
We have done all that really but we wanted to know if it is a scam because the person didn't ask for money it makes it kinda suspicious.
#282948 by HillBilly Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:05 pm
it sure sounds like a scam, but you haven't given enough information for anyone to tell you with certainty. You gave a bunch of opinions, and opinions are not always facts. We need facts to look into, not opinions.

Please post all of the emails ( from her and her parent) including email address(es). Post the complete headers of the emails removing your personal information first.

Have you done image searches for the images received? are they public images or not found anywhere? I know you can't post them here on this site.

#282949 by Bilock123 Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:15 pm
There wasn't any emails mentioned and it was all through text. We looked up the non nude images and there wasn't any matches we could find.
#282951 by Bilock123 Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:23 pm
8302061326 south Carolina number and 2085304917 san Francisco. He claimed to have moved from south Carolina prior to the fathers south Carolina number being used.
#282952 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:35 pm
+1-830-206-1326
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Big Wells, TX
Original network provider* Fitch, F. Cary

+1-208-530-4917
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Pocatello, ID
Original network provider* Cellco Partnership Dba Verizon Wireless - Id

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#282953 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:47 pm
@Bilock123

Check your PM's (Private Messages)

#282955 by HillBilly Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:55 pm
Bilock123 wrote:8302061326 south Carolina number and 2085304917 san Francisco. He claimed to have moved from south Carolina prior to the fathers south Carolina number being used.

I don't know where you do phone # lookups, Bilock. Neither of the places you think those #'s originate from are correct. Bryon's information is correct. unless the #'s you posted have errors in them.... and 208 area code is not even close to a SF area code. The 830 could be a typo for SC.

You don't want to post the texts we need that are helpful to us to determine if it is a scam or not. I personally can't see how two people that are likely 2000 miles apart can be parent / minor child. So I would still say it is most likely a scam. As Bryon said earlier, look for a fake phone call from a fake police department soon trying to blackmail your cousin.

#282960 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:28 pm
Follow the directions in the PM I sent you.

#283019 by friend Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:28 pm
They got me. Yesterday morning I got a call from a number in Nashville, Tenn. claiming to be a police officer and that a criminal complaint had be filed against me, but the investigation had not begun at all. The officer asked if I would like to speak with the father because the father wanted to get in contact with me. The father, Dennis Johnson in my case, was persistent in saying that the mother wanted to "throw me in jail for the rest of my life" or "ruin my life" and the only way out was for me to pay at least half of the money right then and there. I was so scared of the claims and what it could do to me for the rest of my life that I complied with his demands. I called the detective this morning to see if the complaint had been dropped and the number was disconnected. The father told me to send the money to a Jennifer Waters in Columbia, SC. This scam is absolutely horrifying and I hope that some how this person is found out and punished for impersonating an officer and fraud.
#283034 by HillBilly Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:08 pm
friend wrote: This scam is absolutely horrifying and I hope that some how this person is found out and punished for impersonating an officer and fraud.

it all starts with you, friend. Please post the # that they called from, and go to your local police and the IC3 https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx to report the fraud. They can't do anything about the scam until they know about it :) Keep in mind, you have done nothing wrong. You were scammed ( blackmail is another criminal term for it). Sorry you couldn't follow the advice given to your "cousin" for some reason.

#374636 by TechTechnically Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:21 pm
friend wrote:They got me. Yesterday morning I got a call from a number in Nashville, Tenn. claiming to be a police officer and that a criminal complaint had be filed against me, but the investigation had not begun at all. The officer asked if I would like to speak with the father because the father wanted to get in contact with me. The father, Dennis Johnson in my case, was persistent in saying that the mother wanted to "throw me in jail for the rest of my life" or "ruin my life" and the only way out was for me to pay at least half of the money right then and there. I was so scared of the claims and what it could do to me for the rest of my life that I complied with his demands. I called the detective this morning to see if the complaint had been dropped and the number was disconnected. The father told me to send the money to a Jennifer Waters in Columbia, SC. This scam is absolutely horrifying and I hope that some how this person is found out and punished for impersonating an officer and fraud.

He is still around. He sound country as all get out? I am so happy I got weirded out because he was trying to get $1300 from me.

(629) 222-3260 (Dennis 'Smith')
629-999-9741 (Daughter)