Information on romance scams and scammers.
#2853 by Lisa Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:45 am
:oops: I'm Lisa from Holland and i want to share this story with you,
One sunday i came home and found a request to add La Cruz Whale Carew on msn, because he saw my profile at meetyourmessenger.nl I was suprised and ask him why he is searching for a woman in Holland. he said that he had bad relationships in the past with younger women so now he wants a mature one. We started to chat every evening, he said he is working in Nigeria for Joyce Meyers Ministry, and that he lived in Holland for 3 months before he has to go to Nigeria to set up a new office. But he never ask me for money, he said he is almost done overthere and will go back to Holland, because he likes the people overthere. he was from kansas, his father was older then his mom, but he died in 2002 in Spain in an accedent. He mom is now in the Philipinnes, because a good friend is taking care of her because since the accedent she is totally a mess.
But my sister in law wasn't so sure of the guy and send a message to Ralph from the scamwarmers and he search for me till he found everything about this scammer. Now i dont trust no one that contact me in english. I had a good bond with him, he even gived me his cell
number. we always called each other, but the connection was always bad and he said that everything in Nigeria sucks, and he is glad that everything is going so well with the office, so he can get out of there. I'm so glad that i found out now and it didn't cost me a lot of money only for the calls and the smses. But ladies be aware. :oops: :oops:
Advertisement

#2854 by Chris Johnson Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:18 am
Hi Lisa

I am so sorry to hear that things didn't quite work out as you planned. At least you found out in time. You can thank your sister in law and Ralph for the investigative work :wink:

Out of all the scams...I think the 'Romance Scams' are probably the worst. These play on your emotions aswell as your purse. The effects can be devestating if prolonged over a long period of time.

Good luck for the future and always be wary of strangers on the inter-net that say they want to know you.

Thanks again for posting your message for other potential victims to read :wink:

#2855 by Ralph Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:37 am
Hi Lisa

Thanks for coming by and posting your story.

By doing this you may be able to prevent others from becoming victims in the future.

I have given you a check list which will in most cases confirm if your new internet lover is a scammer but as you have seen first hand it is not always easy to find the proof.

The best rule to go by is never send money to people that you dont know.

If you ever have any scam related questions in the future please come back and ask or feel free to email me, you have my details and it would be my pleasure to answer any questions that you may have.

You have also seen that I have many collegues who also take the same interest in strangers that I do.

Not everybody on the internet is bad and I hope that we have proven that to you here.

You should also note that scammers do not only speak English, I have personnaly seen love scams in Russian, Italian, German and French as well.

Thanks again for posting

#2867 by Ralph Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:16 am
I am sure you wont mind Lisa, I have included some of the information gathered with your help during our recent emails which will help others to find details on him and hopefully prevent others from becoming victims

He is a very smart scammer, doesn't use much script, changes email address often and he is very good at what he does, that is stealing from people

One of his early emails

To: Removed
Subject: Morning Greetings!
Date: Not relevant, but it is recent

Good morning darling,
It's another long nite filled with your thought in bed. I missed you laying next to me. I just got off from bed and i thought of dropping you these few lines to wish you a great day a head of you.
Yea, i thought a lot about our conversations yesterday and i am happy i got a chance to know you. I do hope it clicks for us.. Take the maximum care of yourself and enjoy every bit of your time today.
Best regards to your friends and family.
Good Monrning!

"Life's short, make the best use of it"

He may also be using these email addresses

[email protected] or
[email protected]

Here is some more information on him including photos he uses

http://www.mylot.com/moore204

And here is some information about him posted at our good friends at www.romancescam.com

http://www.romancescam.com/blog/blog-bid-643-print-1

I will also point out the fact that much of this information was gathered with help from other members here so a big thank you to those other members as well, I could name you, but you may prefer that I dont

#2873 by SlayerFaith Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:50 am
Hi Lisa
Don't feel too bad about this, at least you found out in time. Love scammers are some of the worst out there, and many are very skilled at building a months-long relationship with their victims before going for the money. Ralph has undoubtedly given you some valuable information that will help you to be much more aware of the telltale signs of love scammers. Please know that by posting your story here, you may well be saving another lady (or many other ladies!) from having to go through what you have.
Well done!