If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
Advertisement

#288898 by wenksjames Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:06 pm
I am yet another victim of these romance scammers. I have since lost alot of money to this person claiming to be michelle scott. I am left hopeless as to what i can do but try and contact the dubai authorities as to when this person went to withdraw the money.
This is the email headers i have recieved from this scammer.

Delivered-To:
Received: by 10.79.115.135 with SMTP id y7csp2344334ivf;
Wed, 9 Mar 2016 00:43:17 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.98.42.207 with SMTP id q198mr48915191pfq.103.1457512997415;
Wed, 09 Mar 2016 00:43:17 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from COL004-OMC3S16.hotmail.com (col004-omc3s16.hotmail.com. [65.55.34.154])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id 19si11028019pfh.69.2016.03.09.00.43.17
for <[email protected]>
(version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA bits=128/128);
Wed, 09 Mar 2016 00:43:17 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.55.34.154 as permitted sender) client-ip=65.55.34.154;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.55.34.154 as permitted sender) [email protected];
dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=outlook.com
Received: from COL126-W23 ([65.55.34.137]) by COL004-OMC3S16.hotmail.com over TLS secured channel with Microsoft SMTPSVC(7.5.7601.23008);
Wed, 9 Mar 2016 00:42:39 -0800
X-TMN: [6qClMWhzvlYbSJPP9P0o8ceCo4NbcvhB]
X-Originating-Email: [[email protected]]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_2a7e6073-3e22-454d-857c-786dd6842564_"

Delivered-To:
Received: by 10.79.20.131 with SMTP id 125csp3496288ivu;
Tue, 22 Dec 2015 15:36:33 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.66.216.200 with SMTP id os8mr39886343pac.143.1450827393235;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from COL004-OMC3S17.hotmail.com (col004-omc3s17.hotmail.com. [65.55.34.156])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id g26si5316700pfj.29.2015.12.22.15.36.32
for <[email protected]>
(version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA bits=128/128);
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.55.34.156 as permitted sender) client-ip=65.55.34.156;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.55.34.156 as permitted sender) [email protected];
dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=outlook.com
Received: from COL126-W21 ([65.55.34.135]) by COL004-OMC3S17.hotmail.com over TLS secured channel with Microsoft SMTPSVC(7.5.7601.23008);
Tue, 22 Dec 2015 15:36:33 -0800
X-TMN: [U1DxJcLD/t7kQUM48FYaLrpopYZwCww1]
X-Originating-Email: [[email protected]]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="_8dd623df-920a-4863-a2b6-3fe813ba1c21_"
To:
Subject: RE: Hi
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 23:36:32 +0000
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To:
<CAJFcMzjZ_5CH2-nBHMhVAF91yuNwhxgTpswBsM6JhsO3+-pvrw@mail.gmail.com>
References:
<CAJFcMzjZ_5CH2-nBHMhVAF91yuNwhxgTpswBsM6JhsO3+-pvrw@mail.gmail.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 22 Dec 2015 23:36:33.0067 (UTC) FILETIME=[972F8FB0:01D13D11]

--_8dd623df-920a-4863-a2b6-3fe813ba1c21_
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_94b5d95a-a51e-40ed-9a32-af733fe29c20_"

--_94b5d95a-a51e-40ed-9a32-af733fe29c20_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Jason=2C How are you? Apologize for taking so long to =
get back to you=2Cthanks for contacting me. I appreciate the confidence=2C =
I have to admit you got a chuckle to decode my encrypted message and you di=
d got it right=2C very ingenious.. Have you met any nice people here?=2C I =
just read your email today.I'm a bit naughty with emails. Sometimes=2C it d=
oesn't feel right to read personal emails=2C really nice to meet you and do=
hope that this is the beginning of a very exciting chapter of life for bot=
h of us!!! i am glad to have finally hear from you when you had the chance =
to write.... =85I would like to chat with you =2CI am interested to chat wi=
th you and know you better if your interested! So tell me a little about yo=
urself? What do you do for a living? What do you do for fun=85I would love =
to know more about you thanks. and i think i will like to know you more and=
have a nice contact with you if you don't mind=2C I thought this time it m=
ight be worthwhile I would enjoy getting in touch you may be we can get to =
know about each other better I am a very direct=2C independent=2C strong =
=2C and kind person. So you need to know who you are to have a good relatio=
nship with me. Not trying to scare you=2C just being realistic.(and direct =
as always). I have always believed that risks are worth taking. and if I so=
und like the kind of lady to whom you would be attracted=2C then this tiny =
risk may be returned with multiple rewards. Hope to talk to you.MichelleDat=
e: Mon=2C 21 Dec 2015 00:16:28 -0800

I have also installed yesware on my gmail account and have come back with two different ip locations. Does that mean this person is using some kind of vpn?

Recipient opened Redmond, WA
157.56.19.89 Chrome Windows Mar 16, 2016
4 days ago
Recipient opened South Africa
105.14.135.104 Chrome Windows Mar 16, 2016
4 days ago
#288900 by wenksjames Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:26 pm
This person is currently using the number 0477974327. She claims that she is no longer using that number because she apparently got attacked by some people and her ipad got stolen. I have since been calling the crap out of that number. Sometimes the number can be called but other times its switched off. I suspect he/she is still using the same number and is still on whatsapp.
#288914 by Mike Wilson Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:34 pm
Please post the email where he asked for money to be sent to him.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#288933 by wenksjames Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:26 am
babe i just want to let you know i am still having a little problem with the custom again, Sweet i know you will not be happy when you receive this email because i don't know why the custom didn't tell me that i have to pay Duty rates in UAE for each of my boxes because Beads and Jewelry's is not listed on the goods that can be export for free because Some goods can be imported free of duty (e.g. laptops and other electronic products). so i was told that i'll be paying total Duty & Tax Rate Estimate: 0%to 15.5% NOTE: Orders over AU$ 1,000 may be subject to an AU$ 55.20 exportation fee. I was also told by one of the custom officer that its Due to stringent implementation of gold export rules in United Arab Emirates that, all passengers travelling abroad through Dubai airports have been asked to obtain an ‘export certificate’ from customs if they intend travel home with any valuable item bought in Dubai...
There is no limit on the amount of gold jewelry that one can take out of Dubai if an export certificate has been obtained, which i was not by the stupid agent that mislead me here because if that i have know about all this i would have prepare for everything and the stupid custom didn't tell me anything may if they don't understand English that doesn't mean that they should not tell me what i need to do in the first place when the request for the FINANCE OF MY JEWELRY GOOD FROM TAIBA COMPANY, they should have ask me the same if i have pay duty for my jewelry's boxes. Although i cant really blame the travel agent that help me to secure the business in the first when process my trip to Dubai its because i am travelling for the first time to Dubai and that why i was not aware of the customs rule which i am not affected by it and what i am fear most is that there's sanctions against my stupidity. and i really needed your help about this to be there for me because i have no one i can depend on that why am Moving on with my life and not to depend on any Man because most of them are Dog they only want to get to your Panties suck on your nipple fuck your ass and walk away..so sorry if that sound to rude to you ..

Sweet i really need your help with this and i would really appreciate it a lot if you could be of help to me with this ..Because i am still at the airport still don't even know what to do because i have checked out of the hotel and tell the hotel people good bye until next time its going to be a shame for em to go back to the same hotel besides i don't even have much to go and secure another hotel my best option is go to back to the previous hotel where i checked out this morning so babe i know we've not met yet that you might be having doubt about helping me for the last time i just want you to trust me because i have no any bad intention to do anything to hurt you emotionally after what we've both developed in few days, I'll appreciate if you can help me out on this mess that because I need your help to Loan me $6850.00 to pay for the charges because they have calculated the amount that i have to pay before my boxes can get final clearance to travel home with me so i only need you to loan me the amount till my arrival to Perth so i would use my normal Australian bank card for you at the airport to refund back the Money to you baby.. I wanted to surprise you before about the refund of the 3000 because i have my Australia normal bank card here but it wont work here for unknown reason's or due to the banking system down here which is why i did ask you for financial help in the first place not that i am not capable of doing business abroad i need your help about this baby to Loan me the Money to pay for the duty of my jewelry's boxes so i can leave this fucking country as soon as possible... I know its lot of money involve this time but i swear with my mother grave and with the Jesus i am serving that i am not going to let you down or disappointed you in anyway because i appreciate that you've help me before ad i promise to refund you every cent you might have help me with upon my arrival .
I will be glad to read your positive respond and i Promise never to let you down .
Your Angel of Mercy,

Sweet kindly do this for me so you would be able to help me with the money to get it sent to Mr Scott Hegarty account that you transfer money into his account last you can use my name as reference and forward me the transfer receipt to my email i would really appreciate it alot if you could do this for me babe.. I wait your respond toward this .. Lot of hugs and Kisses to you ...

Vera Your Queen Love Always
God Bless !.

How are you? i hope you are well and how was your night i hope you have a good night rest sorry i didnt chat yesterday evening because i cant get you out of my sight you love is what occupy my mind that i have been thinking about every time and that's why i decide to write you an email but first and first Let me start by saying that I thank God every night since I found you. You came into my life when everything seemed so dark but you provided the light to find my way. I've never been so certain of anything in my life like I am of us. Sometimes I feel lost and out of words, but when you chat with me with some of your nice words you used to told me, I feel safe. I could sit here and try to tell you just how I feel, only I can't find the words other than I am happy we met and have stayed together after all we gone through. From this moment on, we have each other and all the time to be in each other's arms soon, To be honest with you last night I have been constantly thinking about us. I don’t know whether I have slept or not. You are always on my mind. These are not just words, I’m really experiencing it and I can tell you it’s hard. I wonder how some men can leave their wives and go to work in the mines. This is very painful. I guess I have to live with you for many years to accommodate that kind of lifestyle. Babe I can tell you right now that I would accept only death to separate us. Babe it’s hard to get together then separated for so long. In the beginning it was just about trying to know and see if we can get along with each other. But things have gone faster than this. I have just hit my soul mate without even becoming aware of it until I start to feel you more and more each day and night.

Babe We're having another problem, At this moment of time I feel really need you again. i am experiencing some trials in my business and they don’t want to let me go. i think its cuz There are too much money and valuable goods involved.something came up at the Airline Office today when i went there, After sort our the custom payments i was happy that i get called by them that they have found plane that i'm going to travel home with together with my goods but that not what i was called for the reason why is that the airline told me that my boxes couldnt get clearance at the Department Of The National Council of Antiquities in Dubia here because most of my boxes contain lots of (Artifact beads) which i have to get a letter from The Ministry of the National Council of Tourism and Antiquities Department, Although the custom adviced me to get it in the first place but i thought its not essential because i bought the beads from a company that registered by the government here but from what i was told by the Airline that The United Arab Emirates, which is a modern country, makes great efforts in preserving its heritage and cultural legacy. So they like to make sure all ancient stuff bought here must be verify by the Association for the Revival of Traditional Heritage, Documents and Research Center Cuz The country spares no efforts in all occasions to demonstrate its commitment in promoting the country's culture and heritage through the Verification of heritage villages and exhibitions in all tourist festivals in and outside the country, with a view to reviving the ancestors' heritage, promoting and improving it. also inspire the on the need to maintain the link between their ancestral past and the country's development at the present so its going to be difficult for the airline to get clearance for my boxes if they don't have the letter i was told to go and get from the Ministry Because They want to be very sure that its true i legally bought those beads from TAIBA COMPANY As Some of the Beads are (Artifact beads) and the letter from the Ministry is to preserving the country's heritage, its late yesterday before i came back from the Airport so i couldn't go to the ministry that same yesterday i have to wait till this morning to go there i just want you to know what is going on but and what i need to do, i'll keep you update from what i ever i come back with from the ministry, I'm surprised that this has to come up after all i have been through on this trip. but i think its for my own Good because if i insist to go through proper channel i might face smuggling conspiracy and money laundering charges as part of what the government termed the “first ever” dismantling of a cultural property smuggling network in the U.A.E, finally, to stay out of trouble. I knew I was innocent,of all this happening to me if that i have know that all this will required i would have done my research well before coming down for a business trip, I think most museums will tell that collectors like me are important to the protection of cultural property but this Arab doesnt want to see it that way. All i care about is to clear from the Ministry. Some of the Artefacts beads i showed you can be very precious to the country.

I was thinking so much about that earlier yesterday, when I am going to meet you at the airport. I am getting butterflies in my stomach just at the thought of seeing you soon. You make everything complete and I can't imagine spending time with someone else and having these feelings for anyone else. I'm anxious to see you soon Jason and you should know that because our meeting is very important to us. Time is ticking, and it's going by really slow.

I want you to know that It takes a strong man to accomplish everything that you have in your life, I am proud of you that you stick to your goals, you have improved your life so much from what it was before and I am so happy that you respect my beliefs as I respect yours. You say that you are going to make me a happy woman ... well, you have already done that, just by being you and showing me love and being so open with your feelings. You are what I dreamed of when I was a little girl, someone with integrity, honesty, love, affection, handsome, and with such a charming personality. I never thought I would find you, but here you are. i will have to stop from here now to get some sleep so pls take good care of your self for and hope to chat with you in the morning

Love Always
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations.
#288952 by vonpaso xlura Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:29 am
The scammer is in South Africa. The address in Washington belongs to Microsoft.

The scammer is a native speaker of a Niger-Congo language and may be a West African expatriate. He ("she" is most likely being played by a male) has never been in the UAE.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#288971 by wenksjames Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:02 am
I think he/she is still in dubai. The account which i sent to is in dubai. They definately withdrew the money. If i was to contact the dubai police would they be able to track down who that person is?
#288975 by Tim Atem Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:05 am
The scammer may or may not be in Dubai so the better thing to do would be to file a report with your local police department and your country's agency that handles cyber-crime (here in the US that would be IC3 - so your country's equivalent). You will not get your money back, but it will document the crime with the authorities.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#289004 by vonpaso xlura Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:11 am
If he were in Dubai and is claiming to be in Dubai, why would he use a South African IP address?

Did you send to a bank account or by WU/MG? If bank account, the scammer has a mule or accomplice in UAE. If WU/MG, it probably means he bribed the WU/MG clerk to ignore the country the money was sent to.

By the way he writes, it is obvious that he is African. He doesn't appear to know basic things about what's used in the UAE.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#289010 by wenksjames Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:59 am
I sent the money through bank account. I am going to contact interpol to see if they can do anything about the mule account at least.

ACCOUNT NAME : ADEGBENGA BADEJO

BANK NAME : EMIRATES ISLAMIC BANK

BANK SWIFT CODE : MEBLAEAD

ACCOUNT NUMBER : 0379499003001

IBAN NUMBER : AE500340000379499003001

PHONE NUMBER : +971555286021

BANK BRANCH : BUSINESS VILLAGE BRANCH

ADDRESS : AL MAKTOUM ROAD, PORT SAEED

CITY : DUBAI

ACCOUNT HOLDER ADDRESSS : 402 SHEIKH FASHIM BUILDING AL RIGGA DEIRA DUBAI UAE

Account noted MW
#289013 by HillBilly Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:15 pm
wenksjames wrote:I sent the money through bank account. I am going to contact interpol to see if they can do anything about the mule account at least.

While I don't remember all of your posts, and did not re-read them, it depends on where you are located what you need to do as far as reporting goes. 1) your local PD 2) regional PD 3) Federal Police ( this can be many different agencies, or one depending on the country you live in).

:oops: OK, i read up some now..... Tim mentioned the things to do if you are in the USA. Action fraud is who you want to get in touch with if you are in the UK, in addition to the local / regional PD's.

In truth the sad fact is unless you lost a high 5 or 6 digit amount to this scammer, chances are real good the authorities won't do much more than take a report. However on the opposite side of the coin, if you don't make the reports and they do find this scammer, there will never be a way for you to recoup any of your losses.

If you tell us which country you live in, we may be able to point you to specific places to report the crime(s). ( note: not a city, province / state..... just the country).

#289017 by HillBilly Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:53 pm
Follow their advice, but also be sure and try to report it to your local PD ( they may not be real helpful, but they might), and regional PD as well.

Also, contact these people : http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/ for the National agency in Ozland

#289018 by wenksjames Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:04 pm
Thanks for the advice HillBilly. This really makes me want to become a scam baiter just to waste their time. I would like to thank everyone that has helped me with what they can, its good to know there are still good people around the world.