Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#2902 by I am what i am Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:37 pm
OFFICE OF THE SENATE HOUSE
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN PAYMENT
(RESOLUTION PANEL ON CONTRACT PAYMENT)
IKOYI-LAGOS NIGERIA

Our Ref: FGN /SNT/STB
Your Ref.

THIS IS TO OFFICIALLY INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE VERIFIED YOUR
INHERITANCE FILE AND FOUND OUT THAT WHY YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR PAYMENT IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT FULFILLED THE OBLIGATIONS GIVEN TO YOU IN RESPECT OF YOUR CONTRACT/INHERITANCE PAYMENT.

SECONDLY WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT YOU ARE STILL DEALING WITH THE NONE OFFICIALS IN THE BANK YOUR ENTIRE ATTEMPT TO SECURE THE RELEASE OF THE FUND TO YOU. WE WISH TO ADVISE YOU THAT SUCH AN ILLEGAL ACT LIKE THESE HAVE TO STOP IF YOU WISH TO RECEIVE YOUR PAYMENT SINCE WE HAVE DECIDED TO BRING A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE ARRANGED YOUR PAYMENT THROUGH OUR SWIFT CARDPAYMENT CENTER ASIA PACIFIC THAT IS THE LATEST INSTRUCTION FROM MR.PRESIDENT, UMARU YAR'ADUA (GCFR) FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AND FBI.

THIS CARD CENTER WILL SEND YOU AN ATM CARD WHICH YOU WILL USE TO WITHDRAW YOUR MONEY IN ANY ATM MACHINE IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD, BUT THE MAXIMUM IS FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS PER DAY, SO IF YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE YOUR FUND THIS WAY PLEASE LET US KNOW BY CONTACTING THE INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUNDS DEPARTMENT CARD PAYMENT CENTER;

NAME: MR CHARLES BROWN
MAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]
AND ALSO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1. YOUR FULL NAME
2. PHONE AND FAX NUMBER
3. ADDRESS WERE YOU WANT THEM TO SEND THE ATM CARD
4. YOUR AGE AND CURRENT OCCUPATION

THE ATM CARD PAYMENT CENTER HAS BEEN MANDATED TO ISSUE OUT USD 6.8 MILLION AS ART PAYMENT FOR THIS FISCAL YEAR 2006. ALSO FOR YOUR INFORMATION,YOU HAVE TO STOP ANY FURTHER COMMUNICATION WITH ANY OTHER PERSON(S) OR OFFICE(S) TO AVOIDANY HITCHES IN RECEIVING YOUR PAYMENT.

FOR ORAL DISCUSSION, EMAIL ME BACK AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE THIS
IMPORTANT MESSAGE OR FURTHER DIRECTION AND ALSO UPDATE ME ON ANY DEVELOPMENT FROM THEABOVE-MENTIONED OFFICE. NOTE THAT BECAUSE OF IMPOSTORS, WE HEREBY ISSUED YOU OURCODE OF CONDUCT, WHICH IS (ATM-991) SO YOU HAVE TO INDICATE THIS CODE WHEN CONTACTING THE CARD CENTER BY USING IT AS YOUR SUBJECT.

KINDEST REGARDS,

ALHAJI FAROUK LAWAL (P.R.O)
FOR
MR DAVID MARK.
SENATE PRESIDENT.
Advertisement

#2903 by Scam Patroller Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:06 pm
Hi I am what i am, yes, that is a scam email, it's a standard ATM card scam disguised as an inheritance scam.

The scam works in a couple of different ways, this version is where they claim that the Government is giving you money from an inheritance/contract payment, you will have seen in the email that they want to give you the money by giving you an ATM card.

For the victim to get the ATM card, the scammers will require you to send fees to have the card sent to you via courier, the courier fees are highly inflated for such reasons as, they will say that for security reasons, it has to be sent by a diplomatic courier, which costs a lot more than a normal courier, or something similar, you might also be asked to pay taxes when you card is stopped at the airport, general fee requests like that.

The problem is, the inheritance does not exist, the ATM card does not exist and you are dealing with scammers pretending to be from the government and banks.

The ref number in the email, Our Ref: FGN /SNT/STB, has been used in many other advance fee fraud scams, see these Google Results For: Our Ref: FGN /SNT/STB

Remember, if it seems to good to be true, then it is.

http://www.419eater.com - http://www.aa419.org

#2904 by SlayerFaith Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:54 pm
100% scam, mate. In fact, I got an almost identical email in my baiting account the other day:
From The Desk of Prof. Charles Soludo
Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
SUBJECT: Immediate Release of Your ATM DEBIT Cash Card Payment Notification

Our Ref: FGN/CBN/NIG/06/2008.
Attention: ATM Card Beneficiary,

I wish to use this medium to inform you that your CONTRACT/INHERITANCE Payment of USD$15,000,000.00 (Fifteen Million United States Dollars only) from CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA have been RELEASED and APPROVED for onward transfer to you Via an ATM DEBIT Cash Card which you will use to withdraw all the USD$15,000,000.00 in any ATM SERVICE MACHINE in any part of the world, but the maximum you can withdraw in a day is USD$20,000.00 Only We have mandated OCEANIC BANK OF NIGERIA PLC to send you the ATM CASH CARD and PIN NUMBER which you will use to withdraw all your USD$15,Million Dollars in any ATM SERVICE MACHINE in any part of the world, but the maximum you can withdraw in a day is USD$20,000.00 Only.

However If You Like to receive your Fund in This Way, Please Let Us Know by Contacting the ATM CASH CARD CENTER with full Following Information as Listed Below

1. Your Full Name
2. Phones and Fax Number
3. Address Were You Want the ATM Card to be sent to you.
4. (Notice P.O Box Not Acceptable)
5. Your Age and Current Occupation
6. Attach Copy of Your Identification

And you are therefore advice to contact the Head of ATM CARD Department of OCEANIC BANK of Nigeria PLC

Contact Person: Mr. Peter Klaus,
Office No +234 7035287-112
Email: [email protected]

Finally after you contact then tell Mr. Peter Klaus, that you received a message from the Prof. Charles Soludo Governor of CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA. Instructing him to send you the ATM CARD and PIN NUMBER which you will use to withdraw your USD$15,Million Dollars in any ATM SERVICE MACHINE in any part of the world, also send him your direct phone number and contact address where you want him to send the ATM CARD and PIN NUMBER to you. Note and bear in mind that because of Impostors in diverting of Contractors fund, we hereby issued you our Code of Conduct, Which Is (ATM-892) So You Have to Indicate This Code number to them when contacting the Card Center by Using It as Your Subject. It will cost you only $550 for shipment of the ATM Card to your doorstep.

So if you are ready to receive your inheritance and contract fund kindly apply immediately, please we are very sorry for the plight you have gone through in the past years. Thanks for adhering to this instruction and once again accept our congratulations.

Best Regards.
Prof. Charles C. Soludo.
Executive Governor,
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
#2907 by I am what i am Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:19 am
Thanx SlayerFaith.. there is anotjher e-mail that i recieve similar from france.

--
THE FONDATION DE FRANCE
http://www.fdf.org
16 Rue Lanterne,
Lyon 69001, France.

The Fondation De France(FDF) would like to notify you that you have
been
chosen by the board of trustees as one of the final recipients of a
cash
Grant/Donation .The FDF, established 1977 by the Multi-Million groups
and
now supported by the Economic Community for West African States
(ECOWAS),
United Nations Organization (UNO) and the European Union (EU) was
conceived with the objective of human growth, educational, and
community
development.

In conjunction with the ECOWAS, UNO and the EU, We are giving out a
yearly
donation of US$1,350,000.00 (One Million, Three Hundred And Fifty
Thousand
United States Dollars) each to 100 lucky recipients. These specific
Donations/Grants will be awarded to 100 lucky international recipients
worldwide; This is a yearly program, which is a measure of universal
development strategy.

Based on the random selection exercise of internet websites and
millions
of supermarket cash invoices worldwide, you were selected among the
lucky
recipients to receive the award sum of US$1,350,000.00 as charity
donations/aid from the Fondation De France, ECOWAS, EU and the UNO in
accordance with the enabling act of Parliament. (Note that all
beneficiaries email addresses were selected randomly from over 100,000
internet websites or a shop's cash invoice around your area in which
you
might have purchased something from).

You are required to contact the Executive Secretary below, for
qualification documentation and processing of your claims. After
contacting our office, you will be given your donation pin number,
which
you will use in collecting the funds. Please endeavor to quote your
Qualification numbers (FDF-444-6647-9163) in all discussions.

Executive Sec. Mr. Franco Vieri
Email: [email protected]

Please note that these donations/Grants are strictly administered by
the
EU, ECOWAS, UNO. You are by all means hereby advised to keep this whole
information confidential until you have been able to collect your
donation, as there have been many cases of double and unqualified
claim,
due to beneficiaries informing third parties about his/her donation.

On behalf of the Board of trustee and all memebers of staff kindly,
accept
our warmest congratulations.

Regards.
Mrs. Claudia Lauren

#2910 by Ralph Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:47 am
I got this far

The Fondation De France(FDF) would like to notify you that you have
been
chosen by

Before I knew without doubt it is a scam,

Nobody gets randomly chosen to recieve large amounts of money on the internet.

You have been randomly chosen as their next victim if you choose to believe them.

Thanks for posting it, it may prevent others from losing money by this scam