If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#291446 by joanafirstime Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:30 am
I actually ran a search on D&B database (to which I have access) and through some other databases and found nothing. Neither about both companies nor about the "owner" of these companies...
Thank you for all your help...I hope my information will help someone.
Actually when I started communicating with this person I ran a few checks online on his username and email address. I found nothing.
After a few days (and as the red alert was ringing) I decided to ran a search with a part of the nickname...and there he was: in 3 different dating websites with 3 different cities.
The profiles pics were different but 2 of them existed in 2 different sites...

When confronted he told me he was searching for the love of his life for a long time, and he lived in Germany thats why the city was Berlin...he also told me that now he found me he could delete his profiles, which he actually did...(Probably he is sill active but unfortunately under another username and nickname...)

But still there was something making the alarm ringing, even thou he hadn't ask for money...
I ran a search on google images and I could found his pictures...but nothing reporting him as being a scammer...

Only when I copied and past the first e-mails on google I found this site so I was sure he was a scammer...
So I'm really greatfull for getting the information about him just at the same time as the request for money for his sick son quicked in...
So thank you for cleaning this scam bags from our life...

Tim Atem wrote:6227 Stella Avenue, Cincinnati, OH is a residential address, not a business and so is 2094 Baltimore Ave-Cincinnati, OH

Although Lovax is a registered business, that doesn't mean they are legit. There's nothing about this company online other than their business registration.
Advertisement

#291447 by joanafirstime Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:34 am
Tim Atem wrote:joanafirstime - I'd like to take a deeper look at this - can you please post the email where they asked you to send the money to Lovax please?

Hi Tim...was not an e-mail...was a skype message...
I will try to find it and copy it here...
#291449 by joanafirstime Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:37 am
Sorry actually was an email sent on 07/04/2016:

"Hello honey sorry I didn't come back early,
You are asleep?

Name: LOVAX EXPRESS LLC
Bank: WELLS FARGO
Account number: 3399661226
Routing: 121000245
Swift: WFBIUS6S
Bank address: MONTGOMERY ST, SAN FRANCISCO CA, 94104.
<account noted - Tim>

Love you"

Only this...
#291598 by HillBilly Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:36 am
joanafirstime wrote:I actually searched with a part of the content of one of his 1st emails and I found that the exact same text is being used since September 2011 (almost 5 years of scamming people...WOW)...

this is one of the reasons we ask you to post the first email or two from the scammer. They are always at least partially scripted to target a generic audience, then as time goes on they narrow it down to the point of copy/pasting stuff from other sources with slight modifications to fit their game of course.

if it is the same scammer 5 years later or a different one ( possibly a new recruit in his gang), or just a shared document found on the darknet / internet it is impossible to say at the moment.

i'm glad you are doing research to open up your eyes to how these criminals work. You deserve a lot of kudos for that :beer:

#291606 by joanafirstime Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:40 pm
Thank you for your answer...
Actually I found the same text(s) under so many usernames...I even had to make a list not to lose track... :laugh-s:
What was new for me was that these "people" might be cleaver enough to use the dark net...now its time for me to explore a bit there too... :)
Despite the initial disappointment I'm even a bit "happy" that this happen. It was an eye opener and I want to help other victims as much as possible...
Thank you for this site and for the amazing work you guys are doing... :=)
#291612 by HillBilly Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:22 pm
joanafirstime wrote:Thank you for your answer...
uw
joanafirstime wrote:Actually I found the same text(s) under so many usernames...I even had to make a list not to lose track... :laugh-s:
yeah, these criminals have nothing to do all day except prey on potential victims. it is not unusual for them to have upwards of 100 user accounts at the same time, to keep potential victims from finding out about each other.
joanafirstime wrote:What was new for me was that these "people" might be cleaver enough to use the dark net...now its time for me to explore a bit there too... :)
You really don't have to be politically correct here, at least when it comes to calling a criminal a criminal. While it might be true that these bottom dwelling scum sucking criminals are human, it really doesn't mean we need to call them people. Chances are good if you only found the info that caused you to laugh so much was on the internet, i think you will be very surprised at what you find on the darknet. Keep in mind, these guys are criminals... where do criminals hide? not in broad daylight most of the time, right?

Maybe it would be worth your time to visit our sister site https://forum.419eater.com/forum/index.php or http://www.419eater.com/ and see how some choose to occupy these criminals time ( it also keeps them away from other potential victims.....) if you like what you see on eater, find yourself a mentor and see if it is something you can do for your own fun, and to help save others.

edit to add non secure link for eater....