Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#2932 by Crispy Duck Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:50 pm
A typical Next of Kin scam with all the bad spellings and grammar.

"BANQUE CONTONENTALE DU SENEGAL PLC (BCS)
Address ,No 68 Place De L'independence
Dakar Senegal
Email; [email protected]
Tel/Fax,+221 766 963 400

For Your Kind Attention,

Sir,

I have been directed by the director of Foreign Operation/Wire Transfer to write you in respect to the notification mail which we received today, and also from your partner; Ms Jesica Awa. (The next of kin) that she wishes you to be her trustee/representative for the claim of her late father's deposited with this bank. Late Dr. Wilson Awa is our late customer with substantial amount of 5,700.000$, he deposited with us. Hence you have been really appointed as a trustee to represent the next of Kin. However before our bank will transact any business concerning the transfer of the fund to your bank, we will like you to send the followings immediately to our bank:

1. A power of attorney permitting you to claim and transfer the funds
to your bank account on her behalf.
Note: This Power of attorney must be endorsed by a Senegalese resident lawyer, on behalf of the next of kin.

2. The death certificate of late Dr. Wilson Awa (Her decease father) confirming his death.

3. An Affidavit of oath from Senegalese high court.

Note: The above are compulsory, and are needed to protect our interest, yours and the next of kin after the transfer has been made. These shall also ensure that a smooth, quick and successful transfer of the fund is made.

Note: In recipient of the above documents we may likely use our correspondents bank abroad or Bank diplomart to proceed the transfer of the fund to your nominated account of any where of your choice.

We promise to give our customers the best of our services. Should you have any question(s) please contact our foreign Operational Director Mr. Camara Diop (Foreign/wire transfer officer) for more directive/clarification.
Tel/Fax, +221 766 963 400

Yours faithfully
Susan Bright (Mrs.)
or Account Dept

[email protected]
[email protected]

BANQUE CONTONENTALE DU SENEGAL PLC (BCS)"
Advertisement

#3592 by chaya Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:07 am
is this fake.. because i got this mail.. and i made a comunication with them.. they are as follows.. Clint (next of kin) Miss Joevita Awa,and transfer Officer Mr Camara Diop, lawyar Barrister Stephen/Barr. Philip Stephen(Esq). and they send me a copy of power of Attorney, Sworn Affidavit of Declaration, Transfer Slip. and right now they demanding me $2500 for diplomatic courier charge.. right now they are telling me his agent is in Delhi go and pay cash and collect your cheque.. as a friend and good wish i did all these on behalf of next of kin. reply me on [email protected]

please give me the right suggestion

With Regards

Lasy boy...............

dont cheat any one

#3594 by Ralph Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:26 am
Most definately a scam, please dont send any money, and cease all contact immediately, everybody involved including bankers, lawyers, pasters, doctors, friends or family members, they are all part of the scam.

If you would like to post the email here with your own details removed I am sure we could find the proof you need to verify that it is a scam.

You could also take a look around the rest of the site and you will most likely find examples of emails very similiar to the ones you have recieved.

#3595 by Crispy Duck Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:11 am
Hello, Chaya

I agree with Ralph - 100% scam. There are emails with exactly those name plus others similar (Mami Diop, for example) circulating at present.

Follow Ralphs advice & please cease all contact immediately. The documents you have received, Power of Attorney, Sworn Affadavit etc, are of interest also. I would request though that you do not post them here but feel free to send them to me by pm.

There may be similar examples in the 'Fake Documents' section - it is worth a visit to see how these people will produce documents to try fooling someone.
#9325 by fcialaa Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:21 am
Hey, the same thing happened to me. Her name is Sindy Adisa.
this is the fake bank account details
MY LATE FATHERS BANKING INFORMATION'S
African Development Bank PLC.
BST Zone Industrielle 2,7
Boulevard de la Commune de Dakar.
BP : 4478 Dakar-Senegal
AMOUNT 6.7 MILLION DOLLARS
Next of Kin to Dr.Adisa Fredrick is Sindy Adisa
Account Number: 000895478/48
Tel : (+221)-77- 731-28-27
FAX : (+221-33-877-3178)
Email: ([email protected])
Contact person

By the way, I have checked the supplied email, it belongs to www.inmail24.com.
It's a site that provide e-mail address and photo album – for free.
Please, any one has a similar case, it is just a scam.
#9339 by Ralph Fri May 01, 2009 1:25 am
Hi fcialaa,

Welcome to ScamWarners

I am glad you spotted it for a scam before becoming another victim,

The details you were given will no doubt be fake, including the bank account details so they will be of little use to us except if anybody does a search on them.

If you can add any new information please do so and if you have any questions please go ahead and ask
#11033 by kazze Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:56 pm
well i got something like that :) it really is a scam :P these are the emails i got
(1)
Hello Dear,

I am very happy to receive your reply

Like I said before my name is PEACE, 23yrs old, single and never married. I believe that it is important we get to know each other better for trust and confidence which is necessary in any good and lasting relationship built on truth and real love.

I love reading and spots and like to visit parks and garden to be close to nature. I love children too and will like to have many children when i get married. I am from Sudan and i am presently staying in a refugee camp here in Senegal .

I came here because my parents died and our region is not safe at all because of the rebel soldiers who are rapping women everyday and i escaped through the help of the unicef and red cross and i am now registered with the united nation high commission for refugees Dakar Office here in Senegal.

I choose to come to Senegal because i came once to Dakar three years ago with my late father because he was in oil business . I will tell you more about my family and everything about me when i am sure who you are and that i can trust you with my life as true friend and guardian,

Attached here is my picture I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. Please send your own picture and telephone number in your next reply.

Hoping to hear from you soonest!
yours Peace

(2
Dearest one

I am happy to read from you once again. I hope you received my pictures. In this Refugee camp we can only go out on permission of the camp master Reverend daniel peters and its like one staying in the prison because you do not have freedom of your own. I hope by Gods grace i will come out of here soon if everything works out well between me and you together. I will like to come over to your country and start a new life and go back to school.

I don't have any relatives now whom i can go to because they all ran away in the middle of the war in my country. The only person i have now is ( Rev.Daniel peters ) who is in charge of the camp welfare. I stay in the women's hostel because the camp have two hostels and you can reach me on the telephone through this number (+221=776206757) . If you call just tell Reverend Daniel that you want to speak with me, he will send for me in the hostel to come and answer your call, As a refugee here i don't have any right or privilege to work or engage in any business or financial matters, be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country.
I think the little I have known about you gives me confidence now to give you more information about me with the hope that you will truly help me as promised. I have my late father's bank account papers here with me which i will send to you later if you are ready and capable to help me as a trustee to claim the money because the bank has given me a condition to release the money to me as the legal next of kin. When my father was alive he deposited some amount of money in a bank in scotland and he used my name as the next of kin. The amount is $5.7(Five Million Seven Hundred Thousand US Dollars).So i will like you to help me transfer this money to your account and from it you will send some money for me to get my travelling documents and air ticket to come over to meet with you. I will give all the necessary information about the money and will introduce directly to the bank manager for discussion because the manager is waiting for me now to present my trustee so that they release this money for me.

I am expecting your response and call.

Thanks,
Tina+221=776206757

(3)
Dearest,
I thank you ones again this day. I will also like to see you face to face and will use this oppurtunity to let you know that GOD has chosen you to help me amongst other men on earth its now left for you and God who directed you to me to help me out from this predicament i found myself. I know you are the man i am going to depend and trust my life. I am not going to give your love to any other man because i know you will satisfy me,
Please i have not told anyone except you and the reverend about the existence of this money and i will like you to please keep it secret to other people because since it is (MONEY) all eyes will be on it. Remember i trust you that is why i am giving you all this informations!. My love is for you and you alone, I have informed the bank about my plans to claim this money and the only thing they told me is to look for a foreign partner who will stand on my behalf due to my refugee status and the laws of this country. You will have 15% of the total money for helping me and the remaining money will be managed by you in any business of your choice.

In this regard i will like you to contact the bank immediately with this information, tell them that you are my foreign partner and that you want to know the possibilities of assisting me in transfering the ($5.7 Million US Dollars) deposited by my late father of which i am the next of kin to your account in your country.
The contact informations of the bank is as follows,

TRIODOS BANK PLC SCOTLAND.

([email protected])
The name of the transfer officer is Dr Henry Roger.
Telephone number: +447031815297 +447031815299
Fax +447031815306

Information about the deposit code are as follows.
Name of depositor: Mr Theophyllus M Oumar
Nationality: sudan
Next of kin : Miss Zita Oumar
Amount deposited:$5.7m
Account Number: TSBUK745608902546/QB/91/A

Princess is the name my parents called me while they were alive and Zita is the name that people and friends know me with .Contact them now on how to transfer the $5.7 million Dollars deposited by my late father of which i am the next of kin.I have maped out 15% for your assistance and 5% for any expenses that might come up in this transfer. My dear i am glad that God has brought you to see me out from this situation and i promise to be kind and will equally need you in every area of my life plus investing this money since i am still too young to manage this amount of money.

As i told you before, this camp is just like a prison and my prayers is to move out from here as soon as possible. Please make sure that you contact the bank so that after the transfer you can send some money from that money for me to prepare my travelling documents to meet with you in your country.
Awaiting to hear from you soonest!.
Yours forever in love

the last one i didn't even read it :)) it was to long.
and it has nothing to do with my replys
i have sent her a mail saying just
WTF

and i got the mail (3)

and please excuse my english. i am from romania :D
#11034 by Jillian Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:26 pm
Welcome Kazze and thanks for posting this here. If you can add the email address that this came from that would be helpful so that it will show up in searches. :D

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#13178 by cadimogirl Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:23 am
I got this email...
I know is a fake..Its the second time i get this... It came from peace coumber (yeah right) and from this email [email protected]

Hello Dear,

I am very happy to receive your reply

Like I said before my name is peace coumber, 21yrs old, single and never married. I believe that it is important we get to know each other better for trust and confidence which is necessary in any good and lasting relationship built on truth and real love.

I love reading and spots and like to visit parks and garden to be close to nature. I love children too and will like to have many children when i get married. I am from Sudan and i am presently staying in a refugee camp here in Senegal .

I came here because my parents died and our region is not safe at all because of the rebel soldiers who are rapping women everyday and i escaped through the help of the unicef and red cross and i am now registered with the united nation high commission for refugees Dakar Office here in Senegal.

I choose to come to Senegal because i came once to Dakar three years ago with my late father because he was in oil business . I will tell you more about my family and everything about me when i am sure who you are and that i can trust you with my life as true friend and guardian,

Attached here is my picture I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. Please send your own picture and telephone number in your next reply.

Hoping to hear from you soonest!
yours Peace
#13183 by Ralph Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:03 am
Hi Cadimo girl and welcome to Scamwarners.

Thank you for posting this information, every bit helps.

I have just done a search on a small section of script, an exact search gave me over 5,000 hits, most from what I have seen are scam related Click Here

It seems you were clever enough to find us with a similiar search, well done.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask
#13805 by trev Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:13 pm
hey Kazze, i got the exact same emails almost word for word but they we're from [email protected]

:laugh-s:

It seems that these are of a new breed of scammers trying to establish some kind of relationship with you. they won't ask for you personal info until they are convinced you are going right along with them, which takes many emails. This must be extremely tedious for the scammer (poor scammer :boohoo:) as they have to copy and paste for hours. But I'm sure it pays off more as well, so beware
Last edited by trev on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#13810 by crazy_horse Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:41 pm
Hey trev, Sunnyvale Claifornia is where the yahoo severs are located. If you can get the email headers from the email she sent you and post them, I can check to see where she is emailing from.

I did a search for [email protected] on google and it would appear our dear lass is also into romance scams.