If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#294342 by Sophie1985 Tue May 10, 2016 10:03 am
I received this message
Do you still have the listed Baby Stuff for sale ? Email me final price via [email protected]
I reply with the price then I receive this...
Cheers for the prompt responses! please consider it sold and cancel every other appointment regarding it, I am buying it for my Daughter who is moving to a new house and I am read to pay your full asking price, I have read through the advert and I'm totally satisfied with it and I will be glad if you can get back to me with some pics if available, sadly I won't be able to come for the inspection and pick up due to my disabilities, I loss my hearing and being on a wheelchair but I have a courier agent that will help me to pick it up at your preferred location.Regarding the payment I can only pay via PayPal at the moment and I will be responsible for all the PayPal fee/charges on this transaction kindly get back to me with your PayPal email and the pick up location so that I can inform the courier agent about it now?
Awaiting your reply soon.

its a scam but I don't know how?!

Sent from my iPhone
Advertisement

#294349 by TerranceBoyce Tue May 10, 2016 11:12 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Sophie1985.

It's quite a common scam and all the information given to you sets you up and gets your sympathy.

You'll be told that a carrier will be calling to collect the goods and payment will usually be made via Paypal, only all you'll get is a spoofed message claiming to be from Paypal which includes an overpayment to cover the fee for the carrier, and you'll be asked to pay him via Western Union.

The scammer isn't interested in your goods or even the value of the goods. It's the imaginary fee for the carrier he/she is after and the spoofed Paypal message is designed to make you think there's no risk.

Of course there's no reason why you should pay the carrier at all as the buyer could pay them themselves, but that way the scam doesn't work.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle