Information on romance scams and scammers.
#297107 by Kyra Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:59 pm
Hello everyone !

First of all I'm posting from France and English is not my native language. I'm not the person possibly being scammed, but my boyfriend and I are worried about his mother.

Last June she met with a man pretending to be a engineer living in Miami and going for a big contract to Dubai. Sonce he finished his work he has been trapped there because he needs to pay big taxes to transfer his money (several millions) from his bank in Cyprus to his US account, but of course does not have any savings to pay the 200,000$ something he needs... Well this always seemed very strange but what is strange is that she actually met the man (once, so she tells us), he came to Paris near where we live, to see her, it is the man in the picture so he is not some Nigerian fake, that's why my mother-in-law did not think he was a scam.

However things got stranger. He finally had the money he needed and of course my mother-in-law gave him some (but not much according to her) however while he was supposed te leave Dubai shortly de sais he was given more money by his clients in Dubai and therefore had again to pay taxes, etc.

He gave her access to his accound in the bank in Cyprus but the account is blocked... But it feels strange, what kind of man would give a woman he met ONCe access to his account with millions on it ? I sure would not do that and neither would my boyfriend... he also talks about marrying her so she can come live with him in Miami when all of this will be over (she only has French nationality so she cannot go live in the US like that), well, once again he met her ONCE.

Other strange thing, I googled his name and found him on a scam romance alert website. My mother-in-law says she knows about it and confronted him, he said someone highjacked his computer and stole his identity and mail adress...

Other strange thing, he said his bank received a message from the IMF and he transferred the mail to her, which she showed my boyfriend, there is a mispelling in the bank name on the email adress and lots of mispelling in the mail, it doesn't seem serious for such an organization...
The website of the presumably bank in Cyprus has beem deactivated...

Well, I'm sorry if it is a bit confused but I tell you what I know and myself don't understand everything. We are just worried for my boyfriend's mother, who is actually not naive, she's a smart woman and does not seem to trust the man completely either, but...

If she hadn't met him I'd say it is a complete scam, but do scammer actually meet their victims sometimes ?

And of course he says he is a widower, half Italian and half Amercian (but with a more German accent because he supposedly studied in Germany), with a daughter studying abroad. This seems to be very classical of scammers.

Thanks for reading me and helping me !
Advertisement

#297108 by Bryon Williams Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:05 pm
Does she have any pictures of the two of them together when she met him?

What anti scam site is he already listed on?

Please read these two threads.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3607

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#297112 by Kyra Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:09 pm
Hello and thanks

I saw him here

http://www.male-scammers.com/the-scammers.asp?id=2088

She said she saw that and had a fight with him, he told her his computer was highjacked and someone used his identity, photo and some of his story to create a fake account.

It is this man she saw, and no I don't have pictures of them together and she will never give us any even if she had one, she is a very secretive person herself and doesn't like to be asked questions, she waited for months to tell her son she met someone and never said it was trough Internet, she just said she met him in a bar in Paris. But only ONCE.
She often talks to him on what's app and has called him by phone, the number on the facturation is in Dubai indeed.

I searched a lot on the Internet about theses stories and as far as I read generally scamers never met their victims, that's why we wonder (otherwise we wouldn't have any doubts).
#297114 by Bryon Williams Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:26 pm
The scammer never met her face to face. This is why she can not provide proof. Who would not want to show off picture of a new love. You will need to see a picture of them together. A selfie or one that someone else took of them together.

Victims will tell friends and family that they met the scammer in person. They will do this so family members/friends will stop telling them they are in contact with a scammer.

Also, if she confronts the scammer that relative have told her it is a scam. The scammer will tell her to tell people that she met him in person.

Scammers are thieves and liars. They will never admit to being a scammer. His computer was not hacked or photo's stolen.

Everything you described say's he is a scammer.

He is also listed on this site >>> http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62457

If you can post his fake name, email addresses used, user names, phone numbers and etc we will try to get more evidence.

Is both his parents dead?
Are they both from different countries?
Does he have one child?
Was he married but the wife died of cancer, motor vehicle accident or cheated on him?

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#297117 by Kyra Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:45 pm
My mother-in-low is not a photo person or a social network person, she does not want her face on Internet, actually she is more of a "paranoid" person and knowing her I'm SURE she will NEVER find money to someone she never met, not her type. We saw documetary about women being scamed like that and she was laughing at how naive they were... She is not a romantic person either, not the type to tell she loves someone and wants to show it to everyone. I understand as I'm like that and so is my boyfriend (in 7 years we have never shown anyone a picture of ourselves together and my boyfriend refuses to have pictures of him taken, like his mum) so I don't think she's lying. I'm not even sure she actually loves the guy as she only met him once, she never said he was the love of her life and all that, she is rather down-to-earth, never emotional, not the usual victim type, that's why we have doubts.

Of course she could be lying but I don't think so, so for the sake of it let's say she is not. Could this still be a scam ?

The information about the guy (name, email adress, photos) are in the link I posted, I have nothing else, I never read his mail, I dont't know how he is or talks :?

And yes, he said his wife died of cancer, he has 10 year-old-daughter studying in Milan (no trace of her on Internet but that does not prove anything, no trace of my boyfriend either for instance, not everyone is on social network, but for a 19 year-old I find it a bit odd, teenagers tend to be more on Facebook).
His father was Italian and died.

Yeah, too many red flags (his story, profession, him being trapped in Dubai for months, taxes to pay again why it was supposed to be finished... he is younger than her, supposedly rich...).

I know my mother-in-law has doubts too but she does not like to talk about this (as I said she is a very secretive person...).

My boyfriend did some research about the supposed bank in Cyprus, it does not exist... so either she is being scamed or HE is in a lot of trouble. Of course I'm sure he is a scammer...
#297118 by Bryon Williams Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:51 pm
It is a 100% a scam that is why you are here. You wanted confirmation.

There is no hope or dream that he is real.

You never responded to these questions.
He is also listed on this site >>> http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62457

Does he have one child?
Was he married but the wife died of cancer, motor vehicle accident or cheated on him?

#297119 by Bryon Williams Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:57 pm
100% a scammer already listed on a anti scam site. http://www.male-scammers.com/the-scammers.asp?id=2088
The information about the guy (name, email adress, photos) are in the link I posted, I have nothing else, I never read his mail,

Just to to say it again 100% a scammer he is also listed on a different anti scam site here > http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62457

Everything in your first post say's 100% a scammer.

The scammer will use your bf mother as an ATM until she realizes it is a scam or go broke.

#297120 by malu53 Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:58 pm
also here
matchmysign.com/profile/russ101/
russ 101
55 Year Old Male
Located Near Seattle, WA

Height: 6' 0
Body Type: Athletic
Exercise: 3-4 times a week
Children: Yes, but dont live with me
Ethnicity: White/Caucasian
Religion: Catholic
Education: Masters
Income: $250,000 - $500,000

Image Image
#297121 by Kyra Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:03 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:It is a 100% a scam that is why you are here. You wanted confirmation.

There is no hope or dream that he is real.

You never responded to these questions.

Does he have one child?

Yes I answered on my last post.

Is there any chance he is telling the truth and someone stole his personal data ? The guy on the photo does exist...

If she keeps saying she has met him what can we do ?

Anyway she is not sending him more money and she says she will meet with a lawyer to check his financial story because yes she has doubts.

My boyfriend will call the siege of the bank he said he has an account in (it exists, though their branch in Cyprus does not), he has the "account" number and will ask them if it exists, so we'll know.

I'll keep you informed.
#297122 by Kyra Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:07 pm
malu53 wrote:also here
matchmysign.com/profile/russ101/
russ 101
55 Year Old Male
Located Near Seattle, WA

Height: 6' 0
Body Type: Athletic
Exercise: 3-4 times a week
Children: Yes, but dont live with me
Ethnicity: White/Caucasian
Religion: Catholic
Education: Masters
Income: $250,000 - $500,000

Image Image

Yes, he was on dating sites that's how they met, the info is the same.
#297123 by malu53 Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:08 pm
Fredrick Andrea-Orthman
Hometown: Huntsville Alabama
Relationship status: Actively searching
Studied at: Universiteti Politeknik i Tiranës '88
Languages: English
Children: Sonia Andrea, 15 years
Current city: Chandler
Mobile: +1 480 583 4830
College or university: Universiteti Politeknik i Tiranës '88
Department:Fakulteti i gjeologjise dhe minierave
Study program: Departamenti i burimeve minerare
School: Ismail Qemali '83, Tirana

Last edited by malu53 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#297124 by Kyra Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:12 pm
Yes I've seen, that's why he says his date were stolen and used on other website, whici is dubious, I agree... and that was the red flag for us !
#297125 by Bryon Williams Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:18 pm
It is a scam.

She never met him face to face.

Scammers lie.

Scammers make fake websites.

Your BF mother should stop all contact with the scammer. He will only continue to lie and attempt to discredit anti scam sites.

Please slow down.

Go back through the thread and read the post replied to you and click the links.

#297127 by Kyra Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:26 pm
I read everything before posting :wink:

I'm sure it is a scam, I don't know if she will admit it... as long as she doesn't send more money...