If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#299675 by Tracey312 Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:07 pm
Beware of this company. Although they probably change their name often because I see similar testimonies on here with the same wording. I started out talking to a Christine Buittner who claims to be a God fearing woman. She claimed to have some puppies for adoption in which all I would have to do is pay the flight fee. She had a picture and the site Global Paws looked legit. Of course the company was out of the country which should have been a red flag for me but I am too gullible. They asked for $220 via western Union for the flight fee. Well folks I fell for it. I sent that $220. I can now say I am a victim of scam. After I paid this money , they said the puppy was on its way . They told it would be here by 9:45. Supposedly it went from Florida to Alabama and stopped there. Then I got an email that they could not ship him to me because he doesn't have insurance. Now they wanted me to send $685 for pet insurance claiming it would be reimbursed once I received the puppy. Via western union again. Well then I realized I was being scammed because how did it get from Florida to Alabama without insurance. Then they told me if I didn't pay it within 24 hours they would drop the puppy off with the abused and and abandoned animals in which I would get fined for abusing and neglecting the puppy and jail time. A lesson learned that is for sure. Glad I didn't continue to fall for it. It seems the country name has appeared on here several times. From Cameroon, South Africa. Please be careful they make everything look legit.
Advertisement

#299676 by Bryon Williams Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:11 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Any mention of Cameroon is a scam.

Can you please post the emails from the fake seller and shipping company. Remove your personal information prior to submitting.

Also post any links if you were directed to a website.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#299710 by Tracey312 Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:12 am
https://mail-attachment.googleuserconte ... 92HCCC4Pex

Welcome to Global Paws

Shipping Pets By Air since 1969
Service From Over 150 Airports
Computerized Airline Planning
Fast Friendly Service
Competitive Rates
Year Round Shipping
Red Eye Flights Available To Many Cities
Pickup And Delivery of your Pet Available
Corporate Relocation Services
Toll Free Reservation Line
Online Reservations
Preferred Customer Discounts
We handle all of the following:

� Prearrange all necessary flights with major airline companies,ensuring a direct connection when possible.
� Make sure that all necessary shots are current and that all paperwork is in place..
� Pick up your pets at your house and deliver him to the airport.
� Meet your pets at the destination airport and deliver your pet to your home

This is an important notification about the delivery registration of your Male Golden Retriever puppy from Mrs Christine Buittner to be delivered to you using the following address

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR PARCEL(PETS)
Sender Christine Buittner
Sex / Tag names Male Golden Retriever /Jack
Crate / Microchip # Model 10 / IS0 10586
Vet Records Checked/Valid
Medical Inspection Done
Transportation Fee PENDING

TO BE DELIVERED TO
Names
Addresses
Email /Tel
Method of Transaction Home Delivery

This puppy was registered here with the number 02J1394
37430M, will come with all necessary papers needed
including his microchip identification with the
microchip number ISO 10475 recorded on the Immunization
certificates.

This puppy will come with all necessary papers needed, but our veterinarian must conduct another test to be sure of his health status . It was done ,all was fine and Medication Papers were accurate .The test Results shows that this puppy is free from such diseases that may attack other Animals like (Dogs And Cats). So this puppy is now ready for shipping and delivery. But it should be noted that this process cannot be carried out unless the complete sum of ($220.00 ) is paid to finalized the transportation and delivery process.

Thanks for your understanding and Co-operation
Email: [email protected]

Agent #32: Mr Christ Morgan

http://www.overseas-shipping.com/_logos/1267463940.jpg

http://www.petergreenberg.com/wp-conten ... b-logo.jpg

Thanks For Using Our Agency
Your Satisfaction Is Our Number One Priority
#299713 by Tracey312 Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:16 am
This Payment has to be paid to our New Created Branch Office. The following reasons explains why you are to pay at this newly created branch.

1) :Our Website is under reconstruction and so we are unable to accept credit card payments,Master Card,Visa Card cause the Various Payment Methods are not available right now.

2) : All shipping Charges less than the sum of $5000 are not to be paid at this branch but to our branch which has been design for such transaction and the collection and approval of small amounts for transportation

3) :You will have to send this money to the Newly Created Branch of our Company in Cameroon because We are adopting a new Financial Accounts Auditing Policy (FAAP).

*******HOW TO MAKE PAYMENT*******

-Go to the nearest Western Union-Ask the Western Union agent to provide you with the a money transfer form .-Fill the form with your names and address of our branch director below -When you are done , you hand the form back to the Western Union agent along side the money . On the form you may see the 1 minute transfer , 12 hours transfer and the 24 hours transfer you tick on the 1 minute transfer then you hand the form the western union agent with the money .

WESTERN UNION

NOTE: THE PAYMENT INFORMATION IS IN RED INK ONLY

NAMES: Penn Rodrigue

STATE: Central Region
CITY: Yaounde
POSTAL CODE: 00237
ADDRESS: 2 251 Nsimalen Road.

Amount To Be Paid: $220.00

ADVICE TO OUR CUSTOMERS/CLIENTS
We do usually advice our customers If you are asked at the Western Union store or bank the purpose or why the payment, say it is a for a relative or friend to avoid high charges and there by prompting a quick payment activation. Because if you said you are sending the money to a company the sending charges will be very very high and will take 3 days for the payment to be activated

Once the above Payment is made Kindly email us with the Reference number as soon as the payment is done.Immediately the payment is confirmed then the Tracking Number as well as the flight receipt and details will be send to you to ensure a 100% assurance for the transaction.This will be send before your Golden Retreiver puppy take off from his Destination.

Contact us at: [email protected]

Sent: Friday, July 01, 2016 at 6:45 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Email
#299715 by Tracey312 Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:23 am
FLIGHT HIGHLIGHTS

DEAR CLIENT,
THIS EMAIL CONTAINS THE FULL FLIGHT INFORMATION ABOUT THE DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL TIME OF YOUR PUPPY AT YOUR LOCATION. SO KINDLY FOLLOW THE SCHEDULE FOR THE ARRIVAL OF YOUR PUPPY IN ORDER TO KNOW WHEN YOU WILL HAVE YOUR PUPPY AT HOME.

Friday , July 1st, 2016
N/A

FLIGHT
DEPARTS

DURATION

CLASSIC PLUS

CLASSIC

ECONOMY

10:30pm

Total: 5h 30m
Seats number
ISO 10586

CHECK POINT VET CHECK UP AFTER TRIP

ALABAMA

NOTE THAT YOUR PUPPY WILL BE TAKING A STOP AT ALABAMA FOR CHECK UP . MOREOVER WE WILL ALSO HAVE TO DROP OTHER PETS WE ARE TRANSPORTING DUE TO THE FACT THAT YOUR PUPPY IS NOT THE ONLY PET ON BOARD. SO WE WILL BE STOPPING AT ALABAMA FOR THE CHECK UP OF YOUR PUPPY AND FOR THE DELIVERY OF OTHER PETS .

FROM THERE YOUR PUPPY WILL BE PUT ON A DIRECT FLIGHT TO YOUR LOCATION . YOUR PUPPY WILL BE ARRIVING TOMORROW MORNING AT EXACTLY 9:45AM BECAUSE OUR PET DELIVERY AGENTS CANNOT DO DELIVERY AT LATE NIGHT SINCE AS IT WILL BE VERY LATE BY THEN . THEY WILL ONLY BRING YOUR PUPPY TO YOUR HOME TOMORROW MORNING. WE PLEDGE WITH ALL OUR CLIENTS TO PLEASE RESPECT THE TIME GIVEN FOR DELIVERY BECAUSE TWO OF OUR PET DELIVERY AGENTS WILL COME OVER AND YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN THE DELIVERY DOCUMENTS FOR IDENTIFICATION AND COLLECTION OF YOUR PUPPY AND TO ALSO CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR PUPPY IN GOOD CONDITION .

Email: [email protected]

Sent: Friday, July 01, 2016 at 6:45 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Email on how to pay

Did not receive email on how to pay for shipment of a dog
Sent from my iPhone
#299716 by Tracey312 Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:31 am
This is the email I got after I paid the $220 for the pet.
I didn't fall for it this time. I hope no one else does. I feel so hurt and embarrassed.

GLOBAL PAWS

WORLDWIDE & LOCAL PET TRAVEL SERVICE

Dear Client,
This company regrets to inform you that your puppy did not pass the check test in Alabama. Reason being that we did not find an insurance cover certificate in the files of your puppy. Your puppy has not been insured and due to this , your puppy could not be checked on board the flight successfully. As a result of this, your puppy will not be able to take off with the flight reserved for him if the cause is not rectified now and in time.

The Insurance service center for the UNITED STATES PET CONTROL which is the first Port of check-out for each state requires an Insurance Certification proceeding the shipment of the puppy.

What is Insurance Certification Proceeding the Shipment of a Puppy?
This insurance cover offered by Global Pet Insurance to pets pending shipment which have received any form of insurance cover. The insurance cover they provide is for the good of the pet to be shipped and for it's owner at a reasonable rate of 0% out of the normal cost of a pet insurance. Here, the owner of the pet pays the normal insurance fee (applies with the breed and age of the pet) and 96% of the fee is refunded upon delivery of the pet to the owner. Pets are insured against the following dangers: Accidental injury, Theft during transit, upcoming expenses as a result of unforeseen delays and any other cause that might cost the owner of the pet a single dollar.

Pet Insurance - How Pet Insurance Works
Now this is how pet insurance works. On your pet insurance plan's effective date, your pet is covered for any injuries, and then after 30 days, they are covered for illnesses. If your pet becomes injured or ill, you simply take him or her to any licensed veterinarian and pay for their services submitting your claim form along with any receipts. Then, once your annual deductible is met, within 15 days you will be reimbursed 80 percent of covered allowable veterinary charges. According to statistics, your pet need veterinary treatment each year, so pet insurance is not only an important consideration, but a must in many families with pets. Veterinary treatments tend to be costly and some may even turn out to be far beyond affordable. In recent years the state of veterinary science has dramatically changed, as well as the economics of running a veterinary practice. Today vets may offer treatments that were unheard of just a few years ago. However, along with these innovations you will get monstrous bills too. Still if you are the type of person who would do anything in order to save your pet's life, Pet Insurance is a good alternative to going into debt.

In law

Many jurisdictions around the world have enacted statutes which forbid cruelty to some animals (PETS) but these vary by country and in some cases by the use or practice.

In the United States, cruelty to animals is a criminal offense and one may be fined or jailed for it for up to five years. On February 15, 1911, the House of Commons introduced the Protection of Animals act on behalf of the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (R.S.P.C.A.). The maximum punishment was 6 months of "hard labor" with a fine of 12000.00 dollars.
Aggression against Cats, Dogs, and People. In Cruelty to Animals and Interpersonal Violence: Readings in Research and Applications.. Press Release, 159-167. Jail Term 25Years in Prison
The said insurance Certificate is Re-fundable upon arrival of the puppy.

URGENT REQUIREMENT:

Dear client xxxxxxx , you are required to obtain an insurance cover for your puppy so that he can be issued a refundable insurance cover
in order for the puppy to be delivered to you tomorrow morning .

If the insurance cover is not provided within 24 hours , we shall place the puppy under PET ABUSE AND ABANDONING and QUARANTINE, which is punishable by law according to the rules above.

How much is the Refundable Insurance

THE INSURANCE FEE IS 98% RE-FUNDBABLE UPON DELIVERY OF YOUR PUPPY
Refundable insurance fee calculation for one 13 weeks-old puppy.
Veterinary invoice* Amount paid by policyholder Benefit schedule allowance per-incident** Amount reimbursed when puppy arrives your home
Comprehensive exam and treatment fees (medications and laceration stitching) $200.00 $200.00
$400.00
Anesthesia $100.00 185.00 $285.00
Total claim amount filed with Action Pet Express Insurance AFTER ARRIVAL $685.00
Action Pet Express
per-incident deductible $685.00
Sub-total of eligible expenses Total : $685.00

How Reimbursements Work
Typically pet insurance provider uses one of the three methods in determining reimbursements: listed below:
CASH ( When Pet courier arrives your Home )
BANK TRANSFER ( Three bank working days after arrival )
MASTER CARD, DEBIT CARD, VISA CARD... ( Direct Transfer)
The Department of Insurance (DOI) & Policy holders through their statisticians knows the % reimbursement which is available for pet’s accidents, injuries and illnesses...
Details about the ONLINE CHECK IN will be filled and emailed over to you when we confirm Refundable Insurance charge. E.g filled out the Booking information and booking reference with last name.

NOTE: THIS INSURANCE FEE ($685.00) IS REFUNDABLE UPON SAFE DELIVERY OF

THE PUPPY AT YOUR LOCATION. YOU WILL NEED TO SIGN

THE REFUNDABLE INSURANCE DOCUMENTS AT YOUR LOCATION WHICH HELPS TO INSURE YOUR PUPPY AGAINST ANY RISK DURING THE PERIOD OF SHIPMENT.

WITHOUT THIS DOCUMENT, THE PUPPY CANNOT BE DELIVERED AT YOUR

ADDRESS .

YOU REQUIRED TO PAY THE INSURANCE FEE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO THAT

YOUR PUPPY CAN BE INCLUDED IN THE DELIVERY SCHEDULED FOR THIS MORNING.

YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN THE REFUNDABLE INSURANCE DOCUMENT AFTER

WHICH YOU WILL RECEIVE 98% OF THE ($685.00) UPON PRESENTATION OF THE

WESTERN UNION DUPLICATE/RECEIPT OR YOUR IDENTIFICATION PAPER.

#299718 by Tracey312 Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:41 am
Last one here is the person I talk to about the pet.

See attachment is a video of the babies

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 6/30/2016 10:12 PM (GMT+01:00)
To: Christine Buittner < [email protected] >
Subject: Re: Golden Retriever Puppies

I hope you can sell her. Can't wait to see Jack! Thank you for helping us get him.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2016, at 4:07 PM, Christine Buittner <[email protected]> wrote:

It's the same price

Date: 6/30/2016 10:03 PM (GMT+01:00)
To: Christine Buittner <[email protected]>

Ok cool! Is it the same price for the girl? And is it a separate price? I wish we could afford both.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2016, at 4:00 PM, Christine Buittner <[email protected]> wrote:

Yes he will be with you tomorrow. I will send you a video of the babies when i get home.

Date: 6/30/2016 9:50 PM (GMT+01:00)

Ok great! I am excited I can't wait to see him. Thank you! So I will actually get him tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2016, at 3:47 PM, Christine Buittner <[email protected]> wrote:

Once more thanks for accepting the little Jack into your family . I promise you that he will bring a lot of joy and happiness in your home , your family and in your life.

So my dear this is how things will work out in order for Jack to be in your home tomorrow .

I will drive him to the pet shipping company tomorrow and get them registered for delivery. When I register Jack and his flight is reserved , the pet shipping company responsible for the transportation and delivery of Jack will contact you for the registration confirmation and on how you will pay the flight and delivery fee which is $220 in order for a flight to be activated so that Jack will be transported and delivered to you .

When you pay the $220 to the pet shipping company they will get Jack immediately on the available flight to your destination . When Jack takes off , the company will give you the full flight details so that you will be able to know the exact time Jack will be leaving here and the exact time she will be arriving your location so that you can be home to sign the delivery papers and receive .

When Jack arrives your location , the pet delivery agents will give you a phone call . That will be to confirm that you are at home so that they can bring the babies over to you at your home.

Thanks and God bless you and your husband

Date: 6/30/2016 9:21 PM (GMT+01:00)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2016, at 3:21 PM, Christine Buittner <[email protected]> wrote:

Ok and what's your full name and phone number?

Date: 6/30/2016 9:15 PM (GMT+01:00)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2016, at 3:13 PM, Christine Buittner <[email protected]> wrote:

My dear xxxxxxx. I want you to know that i am a very responsible and God fearing woman. I know very well that nowadays there are many bad things going on Internet. But i am not such, all i want is a lovely home for my babies. So in order for me to make preparations for the puppy to be delivered to you, i will be needing your full delivery address

Date: 6/30/2016 9:08 PM (GMT+01:00)

Ok. What do I need to do? I can't wait to get him. How do I know for sure that when I send the money that I will actually get the puppy? I want to make sure that this is legit. Thank you for your quick response!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2016, at 2:43 PM, Christine Buittner <[email protected]> wrote:

Ok the shipping and delivery fee will cost you $220

Date: 6/30/2016 8:26 PM (GMT+01:00)

My husband wants a male. What is the cost of the flight?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2016, at 2:08 PM, Christine Buittner <[email protected]> wrote:

They're a boy and girl. So you you're taking the boy or the girl?

Date: 6/30/2016 8:00 PM (GMT+01:00)

Just one if possible. Are they boys or girls?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2016, at 1:23 PM, Christine Buittner <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Tracey.

Thanks for your reply and thanks also for your interested in my puppies. I would like to know if you will be taking both puppies or only one of them.

Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:01 AM
To: Christine Buittner

Hello! I am very interested. I am married and have 4 boys who are ready for a pet. I know that golden retrievers are good family pets! We have a good size back yard for play! About how much is the flight fee?
Thank you,
xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 28, 2016, at 7:16 AM, Christine Buittner <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello xxxxxx,

Thanks for contacting me regarding my Golden Retriever puppies. These puppies are for adoption, they are 13 weeks now , they have currently taken all shots and are vaccinated with a one year health guarantee..they have the USDA standard pedigree for your convenient movement with the puppies around the USA and Globally, especially when you are taking them with you for Holidays or when traveling with them. they are potty trained and they will never embarrassed you with urine or feces since they always display a unique sign to tell you that they wish to potty.......

I just recently moved to Orlando Florida and due to the tenancy agreements, i am not allowed to keep dogs in my new apartment, I am all alone at home and I do not wish to have a major quarrel over the puppies with my landlord since I love them very much that is why i am looking for an ideal home to re-locate them . All i want is a very safe and loving home for the puppies where they will be loved forever . So if you give me that assurance, I will be more than happy to let you have the puppies as your new pets / babies .

Please kindly respond to me any other brief information about yourself will be highly appreciated and that will help us proceed further more clearly. Note should be taken that these puppies are up for adoption and not for sale , so only the Flight fee will be paid by you (the adopter) in order to have the puppies home . Looking forward reading from you .
Thanks and stay blessed..!!!!

Sincerely
Christine
<342431.jpg>
<342432.jpg>
<342433.jpg>
<342434.jpg>
<342435.jpg>
<342438.jpg>
<3424310.jpg>
<3424311.jpg>
<3424312.jpg>
<3424313.jpg>
<3424314.jpg>
<3424316.jpg>
<3424318.jpg>
<3424319.jpg>
<3424320.jpg>
<3424321.jpg>
#299720 by vonpaso xlura Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:46 pm
In the United States, cruelty to animals is a criminal offense and one may be fined or jailed for it for up to five years. On February 15, 1911, the House of Commons introduced the Protection of Animals act on behalf of the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (R.S.P.C.A.). The maximum punishment was 6 months of "hard labor" with a fine of 12000.00 dollars.

This lad is straddling the Pond! :laugh-s:

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#299787 by HillBilly Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:11 pm
Tracey312 wrote:I didn't fall for it this time. I hope no one else does. I feel so hurt and embarrassed.

Tracey, I think you show a lot of strength. Red = the fact that you did learn. Blue = the fact that you are willing to help / prevent others from being victims. Green = what are typical feelings after being victimized by a criminal.

You very likely have a great quality about yourself called trust ( which is getting harder to find each day). And a criminal took serious advantage of that. It could have been a lot worse, so be thankful that it is what it is.

I'm not sure if anyone else said this above, but if you are looking for a pet, always meet it face to face and in person with as much or all of your family if possible. You have no idea of the temperament of the animal until you meet face to face. Not to mention the side effects of a liar / criminal. Animal shelters / rescues are full of loving animals that would love to be saved from death and IMO they also make the ultimate best pets. It is as if they know you have saved them and they are that much happier to be with someone / a family... that is my opinion though.

HB.

#299800 by Tracey312 Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:29 pm
Thank you Hilbilly! We are going to check the shelter for one soon! I found that puppy ad on Craig's list. So I will be careful on there as well.

Tracey