Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#305910 by SnowAngel Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:56 am
ABOUT TAP OIL.

Tap Oil Limited is an independent oil & gas exploration and production company with interests in Australia and South East Asia. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, Tap was incorporated on 14 March 1995 and subsequently listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:TAP) in September 1996. At the time, Tap’s primary asset was 12.2229% of the Harriet oil and gas fields obtained from Marubeni Oil. In 1997, Tap farmed into WA-234-P and participated in the Woollybutt exploration well, resulting in a commercial oil discovery. Commissioned in 2003, the Woollybutt field has exceeded expectations and produced 29 million barrels of oil from an estimated 40 million barrels ultimately recoverable. In 2010 Tap was formally awarded a significant interest in Offshore Accra Contract Area by the government of Ghana. Later in the year Tap acquired 75% of Northern Gulf Petroleum Pte Ltd, which holds a 40% interest three concessions in north and central Gulf of Thailand (G3/48, G1/48, G6/48). In addition, Tap has acquired a significant offshore acreage position in the Australian North West Shelf and intends to continue a measured exploration and development program over the coming years.

JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered
Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors
Read source documents such as canceled checks, sales report, or bills, and enter data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent data entry using keyboards or scanners
compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors
maintain logs of activities and completed work
load machines with required input or output media such as paper, cards, disks, tape or Braille media
Resolve garbled or indecipherable messages, using cryptographic procedures and equipment
select materials needed to complete work assignments
Store completed documents in appropraite locations
Maintains accurate records of all Receivables and Payable's, entering data of online sales, purchase, orders, bookings, number of goods sold, numbers remaining, etc, of customers in the US.Responsible forcompiling amounts owed from purchase orders, charge slips, sales tickets etc

BRIEFING SUMMARY
You will be enlisted for 2 weeks training programme. Find Training programme details below:
*You will have to be online from 12pm to 3pm daily for training programmes as you will be given series of tasks during training.
*You will resume work fully after training and your working hours will be 8am - 5pm your time zone.
*Whether or not you have an assignment or task to carry out you will be paid for $18/hr and for 8hrs a day as long as you are online during the stated hours.
*You have to keep strict record of time and activities. A time sheet should be sent in every Friday's days for monitoring (In your own format).
*In carrying out any assignment or task a progress report has to be emailed every Friday to me.
*You are paid weekly.
*There is no start up cost, the training would be administered on line, this is an Internet based position, and the base pay is $18 per hour During training and $22 per hour after training.
*Either party is free to terminate at any time with notice.
*At the end of your training, you will receive a 1099 form at the end of the year as you are listed as an Independent contractor.
*Benefits include: 401k, health and dental, paid vacation and 2 weeks sick leave you will be enrolled for this benefits
after 2months after which you would become a regular employee of company.
WORKING EQUIPMENTS
Equipments will be provided for you by the Company asap. This includes a Hp Laptop/Notebook for mobility and some other software for accuracy, Speed of data processing, Time Monitoring and Effectiveness,(4 in one Zebra ZM 400vvBarcode Printer and Cards,Fax Machine,Scanner,Photocopier Machine, 4Drawer Cabinet and Office Desk).
Details on the Uses and delivery of these equipments would be provided to you ASAP.
You would be Given the Following to start work with after training:
* Staff User Name and Password for Our Website Link ( For easy access to company data and task for each day )

Employment Supervisor
Company Secretary
Ms Michele T Ryan
Advertisement

#305911 by SnowAngel Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:00 am
Head Office: Level 1, 47 Colin St
West Perth, WA 6005
Phone: +61 8 9485 1000 Fax: +61 8 9485 1060
Outside Australia: +1323 929 2072
EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT LETTER
Date ‎09/08/2016
Dear : :D My name was here :D
We are pleased to confirm your acceptance with our firm in the capacity of an Administrative Executive. You will report directly to Mrs Michele Ryan, with start date of employment 09/09/2016. Full work will be done at available and flexible hours., Monday through Friday. In order to successfully complete training, your attendance is mandatory! Failure to commit to the set required schedule training hours will result to suspension and or termination.
As informed, your base pay salary will be $18.0 per hour during training. Upon successfully completing training, your pay will advance to $22.0 per hour. Also, you will be covered by the standard group benefit plans of Aetna and fringe benefits, which will be explained to you. For the first year vacation time shall be pro-rated, so you will be entitled to 21 working days’ vacation for this year.

If you agree, please sign the enclosed copy and return for our files.
We look forward to your joining the company.

Chairman.

Disclaimer
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system.
#305912 by SnowAngel Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:05 am
TRAINING TASK 1

Office Equipment's.Write an article on "Office Equipment's" and it's importance to Accounting and general clerical Duties.

Minimum of 2pages

Time Limit 3hours
#305913 by Mike Wilson Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:29 am
This is a scam. Please post the email address and any other contact information used in this scam.

Stop all contact with the scammer and do not tell him that you know it is a scam, just go silent and let him wonder what went wrong.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#305916 by SnowAngel Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:51 am
Initial email that I received: all of her info that I have received is in these posts. The only other communication I had with her was on google hangout. I figured it was to good to be true, just ticked that I wasted all that time. :evil: :evil:

Best Wishes,

After we have critically perused your resume and the details therein on MINNESOTA WORKS the board of directors have come to a memorandum of understanding and have taken a concise decision.We feel you may be the best candidate for the vacant position within our company, and hereby invite you for an on-line interview on Thursday 09/08/2016,12PM your time with Mrs Michele Ryan , of the human resource department. You are hereby advised to read more about the position details below.

Job Title: Administrative Executive,Administrative Assistant,Data Entry,Receptionist,Customer Care Representative.

Organization:TAP OIL

Key Responsibility: Provides services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects.

Requirements: Minimum Criteria: High school Diploma/College Degree

Basic Skills: Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Microsoft Office Skills, Managing Processes, Organization, Analyzing Information ,
Professionalism, Problem Solving, Supply Management, Inventory Control,Verbal Communication

If you meet the prerequisite qualifications and would like to be considered for the position, it is expedient you follow the instructions provided below :

Make sure you have google account on your PC or tablet, if you do not have, you can do that on-line at http://www.gmail.com. Then create a gmail log-in with which you would use to gain access to google hangout. Once you have access, add Mrs Michele Ryan to your buddy list.
Her Screen Name with google hangout is: [email protected]

If the stipulated time conflicts with your schedule, it is expected of you to email Mrs Michele at this Email address: [email protected] .She will be standing by to abreast you with the rudiments of this job position via google hangout right away.
It is expedient to get on-line ASAP. I Wish you best of Luck in the Interview.

Sincerely,
Recruiter
#312802 by cal212121 Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:50 pm
This is the same exact emails I recently received from someone claiming to work for a legitimate Oil Company in Australia. I looked up the guy on google and said he left the company last year. He is also on LinkedIn. Sent him a message today telling him someone was using his name and ex employer in some type of scam, have not heard back. I was asked to do the same stupid assignments. I also asked him to connect with me on linkedin so I would know he was legit said he would try when he had time. Really? What can I do to report this dirty dude. I am so tired of getting the scam emails, I was stupid enough to have been scammed before why do I even read them. How can we catch these criminals? :yikes:
#333742 by NotThisTime77 Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:51 pm
I received a similar e-mail yesterday. Just replace the Tap Oil with Strike Energy, and you have the same message. I did endure the 2 hour long interview via Google Hangout. A few things stuck me as odd. I like to do a bit of company research before I am interviewed. I only found that there was a company in Canada and in Australia. Nothing where I lived. He asked what e-mail I preferred and then sent me the letter with the job description. I read the description and he asked if I was able to perform these tasks. They seemed simple enough, so I said i could. here is the other odd part. We were not just 5 minutes into the conversation and he asked if I preferred check or direct deposit. I wondered to myself as to why I would be asked this so soon in the process, but I just let it rest in the back of my head and said direct deposit. He proceeded to ask me many more standard interview questions. Then he said that he was going to forward the information to the board of directors. That again seemed odd. After about 30 minutes, he responded and said I had the position. Which made me wonder. How could I get a position based upon a messenger interview? No background check? Just a question of what bank I used " to see if it tallies with the company's official salary department". It is a very large bank with heavy security, so I let them know. He then said that my training will start tomorrow and we will meet then to start training. So that is what led to do some more research. I followed a website's advice and cut and pasted some of the content in the letter into google. Came up with this post.
#333843 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:04 pm
Please post the website URL they are now using. If they're using their own email domain to send email, post the message they sent with complete headers.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#379575 by hiress Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:16 pm
I was contacted this morning and answered all his questions, just as you all did. He claimed to find me on Indianacareerconnect.com. Interview was done through hangouts. After 30 min of waiting, he offered the job.

Description is below:

Tap is an exploration and production company, with production and cash flow from the Manora Oil Field in the Gulf of Thailand and an Australian exploration portfolio.

Strategy
Tap is focused on delivering value from its existing portfolio, by:

Prioritising evaluation of exploration opportunities within the G1/48 concession in order to generate drillable prospects in the area surrounding Manora
Working with the Operator to identify further infill drilling opportunities to maintain production at Manora
Continuing to rationalise and monetise the Australian portfolio; and
Continuing to focus on keeping corporate costs low

JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Compile sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.

· Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.

· Read source documents such as canceled checks, sales report, or bills, and enter data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent data entry using keyboards or scanners.

· Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.

· Maintain logs of activities and completed work
load machines with required input or output media such as paper, cards, disks, tape or Braille media.

· Store completed documents in appropriate locations.

· Maintains accurate records of all Receivables and Payable's, entering data of online sales, purchase, orders, bookings, number of goods sold, numbers remaining, etc, of customers in the US.

· Compiling amounts owed from purchase orders, charge slips, sales tickets etc

BRIEFING SUMMARY

· You will be enlisted for a 2 weeks training program. The training program details are as follows:

· You will have to be online from 9AM EST to 12PM EST daily for training programs as you will be given series of tasks during training.

· You will resume work fully after training and your working hours will be 8am - 5pm your time zone.
*Whether or not you have an assignment or task to carry out you will be paid for $20/hr and for 8hrs a day as long as you are online during the stated hours.

· You have to keep strict record of time and activities. A time sheet must be sent in every Friday for monitoring (In your own time format).
*In carrying out any assignment or task a progress report has to be emailed every Friday to me.

· You will be paid weekly.

· There is no start up cost, the training would be administered on line, this is a work-from-home position, and the base pay is $20 per hour during training and $28 per hour after training.

· Either party is free to terminate at any time with notice.

· At the end of your training, you will receive a 1099 form at the end of the year as you are listed as an Independent contractor.

Benefits include: 401k, health and dental, paid vacation and 2 weeks sick leave you will be enrolled for this benefits
after 2 months after which you would become a regular employee of the company.

WORKING EQUIPMENT

Equipment will be provided for you by the Company ASAP. This includes:

· Hp Laptop/Notebook for mobility and some other software for accuracy, speed of data processing time monitoring and effectiveness

· 4 in one Zebra ZM 400vvBarcode Printer and Cards

· Fax Machine, Scanner, Photocopier Machine

· 4 Drawer Cabinet and Office Desk.

Details on the Uses and delivery of these equipments would be provided to you ASAP.
You would also be given the following to start work with after training:

Staff User Name and Password for Our Website Link (For easy access to company data and task for each day)
Employment Supervisor

The guys name is Zane Lewis ([email protected])

Address: Level 2, 190 St Georges Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6000
Phone: +61 8 9485 1000
EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT LETTER
Date ‎01/07/19
Dear ,

We are pleased to confirm your acceptance with our firm in the capacity of an Administrative Executive. You will report directly to Mr Zane Lewis, with start date of employment 01/08/2019. Full work will be scheduled between 9 a.m. EST to 12 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. In order to successfully complete training, your attendance is mandatory; failure to commit to the set required schedule training hours will result to suspension and or termination.
As informed, your base pay salary will be $20.0 per hour during training. Upon successfully completing training, your pay will advance to $28.0 per hour. Also, you will be covered by the standard group benefit plans of Aetna and fringe benefits, which will be explained to you. For the first year vacation time shall be pro-rated, so you will be entitled to 21 working days vacation for this year.

If you agree, please sign the enclosed copy and return.
We look forward to you joining the company.

Managing Director and CEO.
Disclaimer
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named above. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail.