Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#317403 by Bryon Williams Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:09 pm
He is a thief and liar. He will just continue to lie.

As long as you are in contact and available he see's a payday.

Post the names and phone numbers used. You will be helping others avoid this thief.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#317408 by Anon2017 Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:08 am
Someone I know was called from (704) 930-6819 North Carolina claiming to be the father of an underage girl. The father then asks for a contribution to help pay for the deactivation fee of her phone. The father says he can't afford it all and says that if he requests a loan, the case will be pursued legally. He then asks if the young man will contribute so that the problem can be resolved without any charges. In fear, the young man agrees to contribute with $86.00. However, when the young man asks for the adress the father said his wife wasn't comfortable because the case was fresh and requested that the young man pay via greendot moneypack card, he requested a picture of the card number in the back and a receipt. The father then said that this number (704) 930-6819 will be disconnected. Upon research it has been flagged unsafe on a couple of websites and one recent report indicated that a person got threatened by this number and demanded that they pay 410 dollars. Scam ?
#317418 by Terminator5 Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:37 am
Same scam that's posted here
Don't pay them anything . Report it .

Daniel 8 :25
#317461 by Jacobs1978793 Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:24 pm
When I get the email that says something's has posted on this forum when I click on view newest post it says I a month not authorized to view this forum? Why is it saying that this is the first time I have encounters it
#317466 by Terminator5 Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:38 pm
@Jacobs

What country are you visiting us from?

#317499 by kjj Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:01 pm
The same thing is happening to me. Chatted with a lady whose profile said she was forty we chatted on pof and she wanted to text. Said her name was Amanda we exchanged pics non explicit. Then she wanted a naughty one. Went to a adult site took a pic no face and sent it to her. Then she says do you want to know a secret I said sure she sends me a pic of her in her underwear and says she's 17. I stop texting and here from her a couple days don't answer. This was Dec 22 2016 come Jan 16 I get a call from her father because they found out she sent explicit photos to me and got into a big fight and 2500 dollars worth of damaged occurred and I should pay half. I panic and said I only 500 dollars. He said send it to a Julie Sanford in South Carolina. I got a money order and it pissed him off and he said his son will get ahold of me. Son texts me and wants me to take pics of it to make sure it's real. By this time I know im being scammed. Still scared though. He's called me at work. I changed my number deactivated my facebook and pof account . he's called a couple of times and a number from Pennsylvania

Dads # 307 231 0458 wy
Sons# 828 234 9038 nc
Penn# 412 508 5403
#317508 by Terminator5 Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:59 pm
Scam . File a police report and / or a report on the IC3 Website

#317527 by southernboy496 Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:27 am
Hi guys, I have recently been freaked out. A girl on POF messaged me with the age 18. Just simple hey, how are you. She said her data plan was bad so she asked for my number. I gave it we texted for a little. She sent a headshot picture and asked for one from me but I didn't send one and stopped texting. She texted the next morning asking if I wasn't going to talk to her anymore. I responded and things got sexual. She didn't respond the rest of the night. The next morning I got five texts in a row from her number saying Hey son this was Misty's father and that his daughter was 17 and their toddler found the phone. Said the mom wants to go to the police but he doesn't want the police telling him what to do with his family. But he would if I didn't respond in five minutes. I responding apologizing and saying he would never hear from me again. He said sorry wasn't good enough and that Misty has hit the mom and caused "damage to the property". He was going to the cops and I was going to jail. I immediately called the number. He answered by saying Hey son. It threw me off a little because he sounded black and Misty was white. But I was nervous and apologized and said I would never contact them again. He again threatened and said I was going to jail that's all he kept saying. We talked for maybe a minute with me apologizing. For some reason I asked him what his name was and he said goodbye and hung up. He never asked for any money but it was just weird. They haven't tried contacting me since. It's been a full day with no contact. The other thing she said she lived in my city but when I looked her phone up it was in a neighboring city. Also not sure if would mean anything but she said she just moved here from South Carolina, which seems to be a common thread. But her phone number area code was my area which is Florid. I'm not sure what to do.
Last edited by southernboy496 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
#317531 by Terminator5 Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:51 am
Terms of service on POF are no one under age 18 . Its not possible to have a profile of a lesser age on that site . This is the same scam as previously posted . Don't pay these Turds Anything . Report it .

#317557 by Terminator5 Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:38 pm
southernboy496 wrote:I am just a little nervous since he didn't ask for money. That's the only thing that has been different. Can you guys think of a reason he didn't. I'm really shook up by this.

"damage to the property".

This has been an element in quite a few of the Blackmail / Sextortion Scams we've had posted . The Money Demands will come next . They've just changed up their fake scenario a bit .

The FACT still remains " Under age persons are not allowed on POF " Its a violation of their terms of service .