Information on romance scams and scammers.
#30905 by millymoodylan Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:43 pm
Hi,

I have been chatting to two Sargents' in the US Army and alarm bells rang when they said they loved me within days !! I'm cynical, so checked up on here and this site confirmed it. one was asking me to ring and the other to ask for his leave ...which when it mentioned paying I thought strange, but wanted to confirm it and this site told me it does get paid for,. these fellas are from the dating site Zingle ( I have let zingle know too)

Russelle Anderson ([email protected]) and Capt. Tom Bowman ([email protected]) was for the leave both in Iraq .

And Sfc.James Thompson Ramos ([email protected]) is in Afghanistan, he has suggested it'd be nice to ring but not yet taken it further. But I know that was what coming as I said I din't have a landline and he said can use a mobile !!

Just thought I'd post so they not catch others out as I was SO tempted.

Suz
Advertisement

#30908 by Ralph Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:31 pm
Hi Milly and welcome to Scamwarners.

I am glad you got suspicious and checked it out, well done, there are quite literally thousands of romance scammers out there all using lies to compete for your affection and trust but most importantly your money.

We have a section Here that explains military scammers and how they work.

I will move your post to a seperate thread so it doesn't get mixed up with the others, if you could please add any emails or information you received from these scammers with your own information removed, it will be a huge help in preventing others from being scammed.

If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask
#31247 by tuscanysue Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:27 am
hi, i have been chatting to sfc james thompson for over a week now.He is perpurting to be an american soldier based in khandahar, afghanistan.He is looking money for a telephone connection .He is trying to engage me romantically by sending me poems approx 230 pm each day.He states he is 47 yrs,a single father who has a 10yr old son who,s mum died at birth, this child is supposedly living in malaysia with his mum.He has gone as far as to tell me that several of his men have died in past few days,and that he himself escaped one yesterday! he asks you what you are wearing and wants to know what you had to eat.! He contacted me via a dating website called Bnaughty.com which i had only been on for a couple of hours, he sent me a very polite,well mannered email theres a pic of him on there under name jamesxxx .i have unfortunately, let him have my email address and home address and phone no ,but no money.H as yet dosent know i am on to him, he usually contacts me again approx 10 00pm onwards.I will be letting him know in no uncertain terms later!. i had my suspicions about the language he used and the discrepancies in info he gave me,also he seemed to be having 2 conversations at once ,they were disjointed .It does make you feel like such a fool, but no less well off which is something! It makes me really angry these people lie and decieve to such an extent.
#31248 by Crispy Duck Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:43 am
Hi, tuscanysue & welcome to scamwarners.

Thanks for your post - it may well save someone from being hurt emotionally by this scammer. :D

I will be letting him know in no uncertain terms later

That may not be such a good idea (although I understand your reasons!) as he will never admit that he's a lying scammer, but he may well change his email addy or name & then it will be difficult for others to find.

Could you please post any email (with headers - if you do not know how to find the headers, please let us know which email YOU use & we can advise) & any photos etc that you have of him. That way, we should be able to find where he actually is (although we know he's not in Afghanistan) & perhaps where he has stolen the photos he uses.

Please do not worry about him having your personal details - just do not respond any more to him & he will (eventually) realise there's no chance of getting money from you so will leave you alone.
#31303 by tuscanysue Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:52 pm
hi, i did report him to the dating site today, but have heard nothing from him,i also reported him to yahoo.i will try and sent emails and photos of this man for your records.hopefully i womt hear from him again.im so glad i found your site,its so helpful and informative.
#31328 by williamskeane Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:33 pm
Mod Note,

This post was made by a scammer who is trying to claim he is in the Military, what he has not told you is that when he made this post, he was in Nigeria, I am not aware of any current operations of the US military in Nigeria

Mrs Suzanne,
you are a liar.we military men are not thives ..ok pls make sure you know what you are saying on here..ok
If you have been scammed that doesn't mean that all military men are equal.be warned or you will be disgrace.
bye
#31331 by Ralph Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:45 pm
Hi William, thank you for proving that you are a scammer and how low a scammer will go to try to pretend he is innocent.

You are correct, Military men are not thieves, they are not corrupt and they certainly do not deserve a low life thief such as yourself impersonating them or stealing and using their photos in order to steal from good honest people.

Lastly, there is absolutely no mistake, You are a thieving scammer from Nigeria
#31390 by The Enchantress Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:53 am
Hi scammer scum.

pls make sure you know what you are saying on here..ok

Oh, but I will - and it will be the truth and not your evident lying and disgusting bullying BS.

You, your lies and your callous indifference to the suffering of others is the only disgrace that I see here.

You are not fit to lace the boots of gallant armed forces - serving men and woman.

You are evil and contemptible. I hope one day you do meet up with a "real" soldier. :twisted:

Further information;

(mysassydate)

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#31951 by LAUVAL Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:44 am
I too had been contacted by Sfc. James Thompson Ramos, we met on Facebook. At the begining it was great and the emails were just so loving and caring to the point that I thought I was actually emailing and chatting with a real soldier; he had even talked about us getting married that put me through a loop for it had been about a week that we had been talking. What made me wake up from the dream I was in was the moment that he told me that we could get married by proxy and it was going to cost me $1,500.00USD. My reply to that was "NO WAY" firts we just had met and second I do not have that kind of money to burn just like that, this conversation took two weeks before he would let go trying to talk me into such a senseless idea. Just when I thought that he had let go of the subject of money next thing I new he told me that in order for him to be able to talk to me on the phone I had to send him a total of $550.00USD in order for him to get a satellite phone once again I said no, then he had the nerve and ask for $100.00USD this pond scum was on the mission to try and get money from me one way or the other. I had a hard time to get rid off him for they are parasites that do not let go. For some reason I had decided to keep all of his emails and I also have pictures that this pest sent me. I had to make myself invisible everytime I check my emails for he is always online and I do not want for him to know when I come online which I find it to be so idiotic for it's just like always looking over my shoulder to see if I am been followed.
#31953 by David Jansen Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:54 am
Welcome here Lauval

I'm glad you realised it was a scam even before you found us. As you can see reading through the forums, there are lot's of romance scammers. Please do post some of the emails he send you, and some photo's. This will alert and warn others who are searching for information when they are in contact with this scammer.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#32012 by LAUVAL Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:42 pm
Hi,

This are some of the emails that I had received from Sfc. James Thompson Ramos and the pictures that he had sent me, I do hope that this will help all the victims to get get some closure.

Tue, May 4, 2010 1:37:45 PM

My darling,
I have missed you also my darling and i will be glad to hear from you again,honey i want you to take good care of yourself for me at work.i love and missed you darling and i will be glad if you can tell me about the sweet dream you dreamed for us..
I love and missed you also my sweet angel,
I love you darling,
Your Hero Man,
James

Tue, May 4, 2010 1:58:51 PM
i love you darling and i cant wait to talk to you on phone ..i love and missed you my love.
your Gentle army man,
James.

Wed, May 5, 2010 11:28:52 AM
I am glad you email me back darling,i love you and i cant start loving you and i will be looking forward to read from you real soon..
Your army man,
James

Wed, May 5, 2010 12:03:09 PM
Honey i love you and no one else can take away the love and feelings i have for you..you mean the world to me and i cant wait to be home with you and to start our happy life together as a family..
Your army man.
James

This are just examples of the emails that I have, I was trying to copy and paste the pictures and I am sad to say that I was unable to do it I wish there was a way for me to make an attachment in order to be able to post the pictures. I have more emails, if you are interested in the pictures please email me I beleive that my email address is in you database.
#32014 by Ralph Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:52 pm
Your email address is not available to everybody but no problem, I can send you a private message with an email address you could forward those pictures to.

We do have a section here http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219 that explains how to post pictures but if you prefer I will do it for you.

PM with email address coming right up :wink:
#32029 by Ralph Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:24 am
Pictures as used by this scammer as forwarded to me are below;

#32049 by CRenyard Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:06 pm
Hi
Having read a few of the posts I suspect that someone may be trying to scam me. After only two days, He was asking that I request leave for him. Checked on the US Army website on the Leave Request process and his instructions did ot match anything. To cut along story short, I was being asked for two forms of ID:
Fri, 2 July, 2010 17:44:00*****LEAVE REQUEST*****

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ma,
In reference to Don Preston Julius leave request, before we can open a file for him, there will be need for you to send to us a copy of your utility bill and also any form of identification..
Your faithfully,

Col. Brook Anderson,
Processing officer.

Safe to say I have not provided - looks like someone wanting KYC info. I am assuming that this is a scam?? I have mails and pictures

Chrissie