Information on romance scams and scammers.
#319633 by ajv1971 Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:48 am
Recently I met this woman from a dating site, she claimed to be in the military. We exchanged emails and she send me a lot of pics. She looks real good and even had a Skype account. She told me, she was doing a tour in Afghanistan and had a 10 hour difference (I live in Panama City Panama Central America)

After a couple of emails exchanged, she told me she wanted to share expenses to do a SAT phone call to my cell phone. I politely declined and told her we can keep in touch through email and Skype and we dont need to expend money on calls. I told here I would be able to wait until she finishes her tour, which she said would be in Sept.

I send her some videos on youtube of my work (I am a TV producer) and noticed youtube registered her views as in Nigeria not Afghanistan. Red flag there.

So based on your experience what you recommend?
Advertisement

#319634 by Tim Atem Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:55 am
It's a scam, you can see how the scam works on this thread:

Information about romance scams: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3607

The fact that HE (and yes, I said he) is checking in from Nigeria should tell you everything you need to know, too. Stop all communication with them and ignore any of their messages.

Please post any messages, emails, email addresses and their name (make sure to remove your personal information). This will help warn others.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#319671 by ajv1971 Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:16 pm
Hi, its nice reading from you this evening and I would really love to always keep in touch like this. I just got back from patrol now and it has been a very busy day. So what can you tell me about yourself. Do you have some pictures you can share as well. Here are some of my pictures and I hope you like what you see. Take good care of yourself and always be safe at all times cos I just got started with you. Stay Blessed!!!

Sgt. Faye A. Caffey
#319673 by ajv1971 Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:43 pm
[email protected]

Hey ********, nice reading back from you on here this evening cos its a great pleasure for me to be able to write back as well. Thanks for the pictures you shared too. I would really love to know you much better and get to see some more pictures of you Alberto. Am originally from Austin, TX and I grew up in the country side of Texas on a little farm in a small town known as Seminole. Am single and I have no kids. I work as combat medic with the US Army and I have been serving out here since last August. I was once in a loving a relationship but my fiance got killed a few years ago when he was serving in Iraq. But am over it and ready to move on with my life again. Am a very open and fun loving person with a very big heart. I enjoy the simple things of life and my hobbies are mostly outdoor activities like fishing, hunting, camping and swimming. I don't have much of a family right now cos I grew up moving from one foster home to another. My mom gave me up for adoption just immediately as she had me cos she had me at a very young age and no one to help her. But I finally got to reunite with her a few years ago but she also passed away last year due to cancer. I have step brother but we don't get along much since we didn't grow up together and we haven't even been in touch since mom passed away last year. I will have to stop here now and wait to read back from you soon again. Take good care of yourself and always be safe out there cos I just got started with you. Be Blessed!!!
#319742 by ajv1971 Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:53 am
Tim Atem wrote:Thank you for posting those, do you have any contact information for the SAT phone company?

No, because I refused.

Here are some photos. I discovered these pics had been used for several scams, since the last name "Caffey" is visible the real name of the soldier is "Cheryl Caffey" I think. There is a group in FB devoted to these "military scams" using pictures of military personnel for scams.

Last edited by ajv1971 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
#319745 by Tim Atem Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:48 am
Thank you! But could you edit your post with photos marked as "stolen" ... we don't want other people to think that the real person is part of the scam.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#319750 by ajv1971 Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:19 am
Tim Atem wrote:Thank you! But could you edit your post with photos marked as "stolen" ... we don't want other people to think that the real person is part of the scam.

Ok. Let me work on that one.
#319759 by malu53 Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:57 am
same pics on POF

texanfaye38
Texan farm girl seeking LTR
City Cospicua,
Details: 38 year old Female, 5' 6" (168cm), Catholic
Ethnicity. Caucasian
texanfaye38 is looking for a relationship.
Education: Some college
Personality: Adventurer
Profession: Military
#319765 by malu53 Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:03 am
CS
Texanfaye38 - Want to make new friends and maybe something more
I am 38 yr-old woman seeking man, 44-99
Located in Warwick, Rhode Island, USA
Last online Online now
Height 5' 6" (168 cm)
Ethnicity White/Caucasian
Education Some College
Religion Christian/Catholic
Occupation Medical/Dental
Income $25,000 to $50,000
Marital Status Never Married
Has kids No
Wants kids Someday
Seeking Man | 44-99 yrs
For Long-term Dating

More About Me
In one word can describe myself as "SIMPLE". Am a very open and outdoorsy type of person who enjoys a lot of outdoor activities ranging from swimming, fishing, hunting, camping, traveling, hiking and diving.

More about my Match
I just want that simple person who likes me for who I am enjoys a lot of outdoor activities just like I do. There are no two people who are exactly the same but we should at least have a few things in common. He should be loving, honest, loyal and trustworthy.

Occupation
I work as combat medic in the Army
#319771 by malu53 Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:06 pm
kate caffey
Zip Code: 80809
Ethnicity: Native American
Religion: Christian
Education: Some College
Job: Military

Image Image
#319775 by ajv1971 Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:48 pm
Yes! its the same, I met her on POF and give me an email (the one already discussed) and a Skype account.

Also lot of pics and some videos.

These scammers are a whole other level.