Information on romance scams and scammers.
#318971 by Terminator5 Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:46 pm
We're not Attorneys here . We're just people, for legal questions like that ask an attorney or legal aid in your town. As I previously stated we don't advocate communicating with criminals who have your personal details.

Daniel 8 :25
Advertisement

#320015 by John Tyner Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:34 pm
I recently emailed this to byron but I will post it here as well, along with the two phone numbers associated with this obvious scam.

A girl on PoF whose profile showed she was early twenties asked for my number last week, and then the account vanished. Just yesterday I began getting texts from a number saying it was her, and sent a picture which I recognized from the former profile. This escalated into us sending nudes back and forth. Suddenly she told me she was fifteen and it all stopped there.
Just today, I got a long text that it was her father, having confiscated her phone. My phone is under my father's name, and this gentlemen addressed me as that name, so that made me think this person had already gleaned some information, even though he didn't know my real name yet. It was a different number from the "girl," whom I suspect does not really exist. I called the number, and no answer, but then they immediately called me back and I was suprised to hear a man's voice. He said the wife was angriest of all, and wanted to turn the phone over to the police, but that he could convince her not to if I agreed to pay for some broken glass that happened while they were fighting over this issue.
I was terrified and I said "What do you want me to do?" He said he hadn't decided yet, and that he would call me back in ten minutes.
By then, I was online reading about this stuff, so I called the number back and said "Maybe it's better if we both go down to the police station and sort this out." Because I know that the text messages show what really happened. It was a normal exchange of x-rated content between what was thought to be two consenting adults, which skidded to a halt upon her saying she was fifteen.
I had then asked "her" to delete the nudes, and told her that the age of consent is sixteen in the state where I reside.
The phone number of the supposed girl is (757)239-1196
and of her father, (334)377-8128
#320016 by acoupleofus Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:44 pm
Happened to me today, script is almost exactly the same. person contacts me from "hornet" app then asks for number to text me. Today get a call from two people, wanting money to "deactivate cell phone and pay for new one because wife broke this one in anger" wanted 900.00 sent by Western Union or Walmart service.

the numbers that called are 843-240-8116 and 803-566-2110
#320022 by Terminator5 Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:05 pm
These are extortion scams . Report these extortion attempts on the IC3 Website .

Thanks for posting to Scamwarners . Your posts will help warn other potential victims of this Blackmail / Extortion Scam .

#320120 by fuzzybat23 Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:50 pm
I'm pretty sure I'm getting hit by one of these now. I can't remember the name of the profile page as it was deleted not long after we started texting. I do remember, though, that her profile was listed as 19 years old. A few texts in, after we talk about meeting up to catch a movie, that's all we spoke about was going to see the latest John Wick film, she sends a nude shot and then tells me she's 18 in a few months. I promptly delete the images and and told her never to send those kinds of pictures again. I stop texting her. Then a few days later, I get a call allegedly from a local police department. They talk to me on the phone and not in person or asking if I'd like a lawyer present, asking details about the alleged girl I was texting, and telling me that her family had scheduled an appointment to come in the next day to turn over the cell phone. Our phone conversation got cut off at some point and the person never called back. Then I get a text from the "father" from a cell with a different area code than his "daughter" telling me about this appointment they have scheduled to turn over the cell phone, and that I'm going to jail. Where I live, a lot of these blackmail scammers have been turning up using South Carolina registered cell phones. I even ran a background search on the two cell numbers and it came back with no owner listed. The number from the police department was a local area code, though, but I also know there are apps that let you fake the number you're calling from. Does this sound like one of those blackmail scams? Something just tells me if I respond to his text, he'll offer to buy me off instead of turning over the cell.
#320422 by Khriz1234 Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:15 pm
I was on fb when out of nowhere I got a weird message from a so called rate.. I got into it and it said get a honest rate of ur male part, find out if ur a 1 or a 10.. and I was stupid to go in it and started to try to take a pic but after a few sec it said it was going to be sent to all my fb friend.. they demanded money to stop them from sending my pic or vid but I don't know what they got.. I didn't pay any money but did get a really bad scare... I deactivated my account for a day and went back to get info but could find anything that happen.
#321125 by jb4291 Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:21 pm
Star45 wrote:
bt22 wrote:
Bfarnz wrote:So I'm pretty sure one of them contacted me tonight her name on pof is it's allmeuc she claims her name is crystal and she lives in South Carolina. She asked

This same thing has happened to me but it happened just a day ago. I met her on POF, her name is Crystal from South Carolina. She sent me a picture of her in bra and panties then sent me a picture of her topless. I did speak to my local law enforcement about this because honestly I didn't know what else to do because she said she is above age and yes I did send a pic back of my downstairs. I'm scared because her "Father" said he's gonna take me to court about it and I'll have to pay for all the fines plus pay for her broken laptop. He was gonna settle for $800 dallors which I didn't send and my local law enforcement said not to. I told the guy I'm not gonna pay and he said he's taken me to court and I'll go to jail. I'm scared about all this and idk what to do about this situation.

This happened to me a couple of days ago and I am still dealing with it! So I was on a app called Mingle2 and this girl that had the username of lisaisback19 contacts me and asks for my number and I am stupid and give it to her! The profile said she was 30 years old and so she sends me some nude pics and she asks for my d**** picture so I don't take one and I go online to find a picture of that . The next day a person who says he is law enforcement calls me and directed me to talk with Mr. Patterson her father. So I do and he says his daughter is actually 16 and that they don't want me to get arrested so I need to send money! I am confident that this is a scam! But I am still pretty scared!! Idk what to do!! I stopped contact with the father and blocked everyone! The crazy thing is that he keeps contacting me from the number that his "daughter" sent nudes from! So is it a scam!?!?

Help me out please!! Is this really a scam? I have been dealing with this guy for months... started with the computer and other money to not get myself arrested. I did not know this was a scam seemed legit to me. After the avoid arrest call. Was called again about her taking pills and being hospitalized. Now I've been paying off another bill since a few weeks ago was called by the law enforcement guy saying he needs to call me again because the daughter has been put in a rehab center for 30 days.. and making me pay that off. I changed my number and he had someone contact me through my Facebook page telling him give the new number or a warrant will be put out for me. I'm honestly terrified right now. What should I do. Who should I contact. I'm terrified that I found this site too late. Help me out please!!!
#321129 by Terminator5 Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:36 pm
You ARE being BLACKMAILED . Deactivate your facebook page and report this crime on the IC3 website . Please post more information on how this all came about . This will help warn other potential victims .

Please post or private message the phone numbers they are calling you from and the Fakebook page they contacted you from so we can examine those .

#321144 by jb4291 Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:34 pm
Terminator5 wrote:You ARE being BLACKMAILED . Deactivate your facebook page and report this crime on the IC3 website . Please post more information on how this all came about . This will help warn other potential victims .

Please post or private message the phone numbers they are calling you from and the Fakebook page they contacted you from so we can examine those .

The numbers were 314-580-4592, 361-445-6581, 512-213-7119, 512-213-9599, and most recently 330-439-3682. This is the same situation the person with the username Star45 had posted about. He caught on early I guess, but I just recently found this site. Glad you guys are around. His has been going on since Oct 2016, it's now March 2017. When examined can you let me know the outcome, will report these people immediatley. Thank you.
#321157 by jb4291 Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:28 pm
jb4291 wrote:
Terminator5 wrote:You ARE being BLACKMAILED . Deactivate your facebook page and report this crime on the IC3 website . Please post more information on how this all came about . This will help warn other potential victims .

The numbers were 314-580-4592, 361-445-6581, 512-213-7119, 512-213-9599, and most recently 330-439-3682. This is the same situation the person with the username Star45 had posted about. He caught on early I guess, but I just recently found this site. Glad you guys are around. His has been going on since Oct 2016, it's now March 2017. When examined can you let me know the outcome, will report these people immediatley. Thank you.

Oh and the Facebook page they used was named Glenn M. Bradley.
#321188 by Terminator5 Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:43 am
Thanks . Now that you have confirmed this is a scam , don't pay them any more money . Deactivate all your social media profiles . Don't answer calls from strange phone numbers and above all , file a report on the IC3 Website .

Thanks for posting to Scamwarners, your post will help warn other potential victims of this Blackmail Scam

#321228 by Grove855 Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:52 pm
I need help asap!! I am in 2 of these situations right now. The first one the girl said she was coming over 2 nights in a row and was a no show then stopped responding. 2 days later I receive a phone call from the number with a man saying he was her father and said that his wife wanted to press charges but that he wanted to speak to me first. He said that if I helped pay for her counseling and the fees to move her to some special school that his wife would agree to not press charges. The 2nd situation the girl was talking to me for example weeks saying that she was helping take care of her sick mom and that she was going to college. Then 5 days went by and I receive a phone call from a man saying that he was a private investigator and that he recommended to the parents to press charges but that they wanted to settle outside of court to avoid the embarrassment of a trial. He then said that the parents would be texting me from the "girls" phone and that the girl was missing but that the parents had the phone. They texted me that night saying that if I pay $3600 for therapy they wouldn't press charges. I texted the number today using a fake number pretending to be a girl and I got a response saying that they didn't know a Megan and that it was freaking them out. Now in both of these cases they both agreed to accept a payment plan. Are these both scams or am I in trouble????? Please help me ASAP I'm scared as hell right now
#321229 by Bryon Williams Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:58 pm
Stop all contact with everyone involved.

Do not answer any calls from numbers you do not know.

Do not return any text.

You may have to change your number.

Just vanish.

Delete the your profile on what ever sites you met the person.

Deactivate your FB page.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/