Information on romance scams and scammers.
#321503 by SallyCB Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:27 am
Matched with a guy on Tinder named Greg Rowland. He claims he is in the US Army.... he told me he was going on a "mission" and that when he got there he would be in communication. What set alarm bells was that he kept saying very sweet and thoughtful things, including how much he "missed me" -- we never spoke or ever met, and had only been talking for less than a week. He gets to his "mission", which was "6 hours ahead" of EST, and then says that he their phones had to be switched off for security reasons and that everyone purchased a second phone with WiFi, except for him, because he misplaced his bank card. He was using a "friend's phone" to talk to me. Already the story made absolutely no sense. Then he asks me to purchase $400.00 worth of iTunes gift cards in $100.00 amounts, scratch to get the codes, and send his friend the pictures. He would then give the codes to "a guy who will them give me cash to buy a phone so that (he) can keep in touch with me." Then he says "If you want to give me more money to help me out while I am out here, while I try to get in touch with my bank, that will be helpful." It was the most ridiculous story ever. I already knew it was a bullshit scam. I just wanted to post on here so that someone does not fall for his bullshit!!

Here is his info:
Name: Greg Rowland
Facebook: Gregrowland Collins
Facebook says he lives in Wichita Kansas, he says he lives in Chicopee MA, and works at Fort Devens Base
KiK: Gregrowland
Says he is Field Artillery for US Army
Birthday: November 7, 1983
Says both his parents died in a car crash when he was 7, and he just has his "old uncle" left.

Google search brings absolutely nothing. I was able to find his Facebook because of the name he used on Tinder (Gregrowland).
Advertisement

#321555 by malu53 Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 pm
uid: gregrowland.collins
Gregrowland Collins
artillery at US Soldiers
Studied at NC State University
Went to Wichita Heights High School
Lives in Wichita, Kansas
Single
From Wichita, Kansas

About Gregrowland
6.4ft. dark brown hair,athletic, fun,simple guy,ask me if you wanna know anything

Other Names
rabbit, Nickname

Favourite Quotes
A soldier doesn't fight because he hates the people in front of him but because he loves the folks behind him

#321754 by SallyCB Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:45 pm
UPDATE: Greg removed his Facebook profile and created a new one:

facebook.com/gregrowland.collins.1

UID: gregrowland.collins.1
Gregrowland Collins

BASIC INFORMATION
Gender Male
Interested In Women

He has also made a new Tinder profile ... coincidentally he showed up on my phone today!
Tinder name: Gregrowland
Work: Artillery Observer
79 miles from Boston MA
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Water marked photo's.
#321934 by Andrea89 Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:43 pm
Thank you so much for posting this -- I just came across him on KiK! His screen name is Gregrowland but now his name is "Logan Rowland". I thought that was so odd, and so when I googled his KiK name I came across this site! I found the new Greg Rowland Facebook, but it seems he abandoned it. Then I searched for "Logan Rowland" and got this:

.facebook.com/loganrowland.jp

This time he was smart enough to not post profile photos! But I noticed that some of the friends were the same and he also has mashed up his first and last name. It cannot be a coincidence!

This time it says that he went to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and that he lives in Pittsburgh, PA.

BASIC INFORMATION
Interested In
Women
#321935 by Andrea89 Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:47 pm
Connected to a guy named "Greg Rowland" (who has already been reported on this site). He is a scam artist asking victims to buy him iTunes gift cards. He uses Tinder and now goes by the name "Logan Rowland". However, his KiK messenger name is still Gregrowland... :lol: Half-ass scammer!

Here is his Facebook:

facebook.com/loganrowland.jp
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Merged
#322386 by Mdip Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:50 pm
Same exact crap he fed to me about the iTunes. He also wanted access to my bank account or credit card so he could invest in something on his "mission ". He flipped when I said no. Then, apologized dropped it for a few days then brought it back up! What a loser!
#366177 by Mtthefreak Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:26 am
I think he changed his name to rico rowland and currently in Afghanistan :laugh-s:
Facebook name. Rico rowland.
I think this is a same guy you are talking about.
#375082 by countryguy801 Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:15 pm
Just an FYI everyone, this person seems to have about 8 Facebook pages going back thru the years. He, who is now going by Ray Rowland told me that he is stationed in Afghanistan and is getting out of the Army in December after a 10 year enlistment. He has asked me to buy him an iTunes gift card but not for a specified amount. Told me that both of his parents have passed away, just separately. When I asked for an APO address to send a little care package I got EVERY excuse in the book as to why it would be a good idea because it's so slow being that they are in a war torn country. Thank goodness I have a niece that is a Sergeant in the ARMY (who by the way could not find his name in any database) that told me that is not the case. He told me he is from San Antonio and has a 2 bedroom house there for when he gets out. I have friended him on Facebook only to find all of these other accounts. Today he told me that he did a special assignment in Kabul (where he is allegedly based) and got paid with 45 kg of gold and needed a place to have it sent here to the US. I immediately declined. I might have been born at night but it wasn't last night. Sad that people play on the heart strings of others just to use them.
#377742 by DatGirl19 Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:13 pm
He is now on Coffee Meets Bagels. He uses the name Trevor P. but his name on Hangouts is Rico Rowland. Something told me to Google him after chatting with him. Wish I would've done it before I talked to him. I created a bootleg Gmail account cause he wanted to chat on Hangouts. I screenshotted the convo and blocked him as well.
#384766 by countryguy801 Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:23 pm
He's at it again. Just got chatted up on a M4M website and after he sent he some pics I called his ass out. I flat out told him that we had chatted before and sent him numerous pics he had sent me before he confessed to being the Ray Rowland I had spoken to last year. After I told him that I was too old for games, miraculously our thread of messages had disappeared and he blocked me. He told me his name was James, was in the military and was in Dallas, Texas. I mean, for fucking REAL already.