Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#323859 by apikanarki Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:18 am
ArikY wrote:Service@Credit_Europe_Bank
I really2 need some help here. :(
How to know if it's a scam or not?
I was selling item online and she said already made the payment through Credit Europe Bank and the email above sent e-mail that asked me to post the item first and then the money will be credited into my account. :(

i got scammed by them. i lost almost 1630k . Dont trust them.
Advertisement

#325088 by Ying Ying Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:24 pm
Hi ,
I'm in this situation right now, I'm a seller for some kind of online shop and here comes a buyer. The item cost is 50 and the buyer used Credit Europe Bank to transfer that amount to me. But, an email 'confirmation' was sent to my mail state that the amount is too small and can't be transferred. So the bank charges the buyer 1000 instead of 50. In this case, I need to return the buyer 950 to get 1000 credited into my account. I've experienced this kind of payment before and it was not a scam (I called to the bank, luckily it operates in my country). But I'm worried with this Credit Europe Bank as it doesn't operate in my country and I tried to call them (international call) but they keep me on hold. What should I do? The email 'confirmation' is sent by [email protected]
#325090 by Bryon Williams Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:32 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

It is a scam. The email is from a fake bank.

Stop contact with the scammer.

Sell your item face to face in a public place.

Banks do not hold your funds.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#325388 by Ying Ying Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:15 am
Bryon Williams wrote:Welcome to Scamwarners,

It is a scam. The email is from a fake bank.

Stop contact with the scammer.

Sell your item face to face in a public place.

Banks do not hold your funds.

Thanks a lot Bryon Williams!
#325464 by Tiffany A Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:19 am
Hi, I just received this mail too... 100% comfirm it's scam right? Luckily i haven't transferred RM400 to "her".... The mail is like below...

Account Name: JAMIE KISTLER
Account Number: 140292699**
Bank Name: Credit Europe Bank
Account Type: Current
Transfer Type: INSTANT
Total Amount: RM 670.00
Transfer Status: Successful (pending)

Then I received another email.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON HOW TO COMPLETE THIS TRANSACTION (EN)
Dear Customer, we want you to understand that out top most concern is to serve you better. We want you to understand that this is an international transaction and the sum of 270.00 MYR cannot be received by you because it was insufficient to be approved by our data base and it's the World Bank Organization Policy. The least amount that can be approved starts from 670.00 MYR. We are sending you this message because we have already deducted an additional 400.00 MYR from your buyer's account (Automatically) so that it could reach the limit of transfer.

Therefore, we advice you to REFUND the balance of 400.00 MYR back by transferring the money to our Bank Agents account and send us the copy of the receipt for verification before we will unlock the 670.00 MYR into your account immediately.

Agent Verified Account To Transfer Balance To:

Bank Name - CIMB
Act holder~Noreha binti Muhamad Anuar
Acct No~ 7008046516

I have already blocked "her", but I previously sent "her" pics of my dress... Will "she" use my pics to do scam? This is my first time receiving scam mails... I don't know what to do....
#325465 by AlanJones Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:37 am
It's impossible to say whether the scammer will use your pictures or not, but there isn't anything that you can do about it.

Please can you post the email addresses that the scammer is using, other victims may be looking for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#330576 by Mariska Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:15 pm
Good day Sir

I was sending a item to Nigeria. Then they said once the phone is transferred my money will be in my account. The next day they said the over-charged the buyer account and I need to pay €120 Euro so I did. They warned me that my name is given to the Interpol police an they will block my bank account if I do not pay it in. So the day after that they said again that they money was not enough and deducted more money from the buyers account and want me to pay €350 otherwise Interpol police will take legal steps towards me? Please help me I am desperately and so scared that something will happen to me. :(
#330577 by Bryon Williams Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:18 pm
It is a scam.

There is no money in your account.

Do not pay them any more money.

You will not be arrested.

Stop all contact with everyone involved.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#330578 by Mariska Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:30 pm
Thank you for the fast reply. I feel more comfortable now. So I may block his number and the e-mail? ( [email protected] ) this is the e-mail.

And an example of w hat they send me!

My name is Maxwell and it is my pleasure to assist you in regards to the transaction between you and Gary. I am very happy to be assigned to tell you that this transaction is 100% secure and legitimate, we want to use this medium to tell you once again that the amount of € 950,00 Euro has been made to your account by buyer.The MTCN number Credit Europe Bank is demanding from you which is 10 digit in number on the Western Union form that will be given to you after you might have sent the said amount of € 380.00 EUR via Money Gram or Western Union location at your post office or Western Union online.

Our record shows that you are a Credit Europe Bank customer with less than 5 days of transaction using Credit Europe Bank, so we need to prove beyond all reasonable doubts that you are legitimate and that is why we need you to send us a proof of this transaction in order to secure the buyer from fraud. You are encouraged to complete this transaction.

This is to inform you that as part of our policy, We do not credit funds made for a transaction in parts, We will only credit the money into your account after the successful completion of the whole transaction.Refusal to complete this transaction will only lead to a self-caused delay of our crediting the money into your account,the sum of € 950,00 Euro has been deducted from the buyers Bank account and all we need you to do before We credit your account is to send a sum of € 380.00 EUR for "Hospital Bills" to the address provided by via Western Union money transfer and get back to us with the Western Union details by replying back to this e-mail for accreditation of your account without any further delay.

IMPORTANT : Be informed that this transaction is only available and can only be tracked and traced via email,so do reply back to us if you have any question about the transaction and not via phone call at this moment.

For your own interest we have already contact the FBI, INTERPOL POLICE AND MUDAH.MY and and Interpol we give you 24 hours for you to go and send the money and we have all the right to block and flagged your Account or bank account and this cause you a lot of problems but we will let you know what we have in stock for you in the next 24 hours.

So you are going to receive Total payment of € 950,00 Euro In your bank account as soon as you send us the western union details

The transaction between you and your client is a valid transaction this is not a fraud or cheat, We want you to know that your money is ready to credit to your account below as soon as we received the western union details.
#330581 by Bryon Williams Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:35 pm
What are the phone numbers and the email address of the fake buyer?