Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#333066 by Edgar Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:27 pm
Hey guys I got an email from a a place called Destination Plus SARL from a french person named Florent Mabille . They are promising very high pay for little effort. I was skeptical at first but then they sent professional looking documents that convinced me otherwise. After thoroughly reading the documents provided I went against my gut decided to take a shot at this job so I accepted it. A few days later they sent me my first "assignment."

It reads:

Dear xxx,

This email is very important.
Please read carefully the entire message because it contains an important information
regarding your first assignment.
The good news is that one of our customers placed an order and fully paid for the tour package using our online booking system. A package of documents including a cash check was mailed to you through the USPS Express mail. It is likely that you will receive this check within the next 2-3 business days.
In a package that was sent to your address, you will be able to find an Invoice and additional information about the client.
In case our client decides to contact you directly, please remember to maintain a professional conduct and respect as well as high ethical standards in communication via email or over the phone.

Since it is your first assignment, please find detailed instructions below:

Block A (cashing the check)
1. Read the instructions and information provided in this message.
2. Wait for a check to be delivered to the address you've provided us in your application form.
3. After you receive a check, send us a confirmation via email that a cash check is successfully delivered and in your possession now.
4. Visit a local branch of the issuing bank to get your check cashed (in this way you may get it cashed without opening a checking account. The big benefit of this way is that you will be able to cash both personal and payroll checks. Note that a bank may charge a fee up to $10 to cash their own checks for a non-account holders).
5. In case you don't have a local branch of the issuing bank, you may go to Walmart and cash it there. Walmart offers check-cashing services for customers and they are able to cash any payroll, government and personal checks.
6. In order to cash the check, you may also use a Check-Cashing Store. These sorts of establishments generally charge high rates for check cashing.
7. As an option to cash a check, you may use Pre-paid Cards. Some banks will allow you to cash a check for “free” if you load the money into a prepaid card or prepaid account.
8. And the most recommended way to cash a check is to deposit it into your checking account.
Funds are typically available on the same or the next business day.

Block B (completing a transfer for hotel booking)
9. After you manage to cash a check, please deduct your 5 percent commission of the total amount for processing this transaction. This 5 percent commission will be your first reward for completing the assignment.
10. The remaining 95 percent of amount from the check you are required to send through MoneyGram or Western Union office to complete a prepayment for hotel booking. The transfer has to be made to the recipient specified below. When completing MoneyGram transfer please choose "Money in Minutes" service option.
11. Any MoneyGram or Western Union service fees for transferring the funds should be paid out of the remaining 95 percent amount (do not use any of your personal funds in order to complete it).
12. After you've successfully completed MoneyGram transfer, collect the receipt and email me a report including the following information:
- Name of the manager you've sent the funds to
- Total amount transferred
- MoneyGram 8-digit Reference Number (shown on the receipt)

MoneyGram is more recommended to complete this transfer,
but you may also use any local departments of Western Union service.

1. Here is the information of our customer who issued and sent you this check:
Check issued by: STREAM EXPRESS INC.
USPS tracking information: 9470101699320031867862
Actual amount on the check: $ 2186.00

2. Name of the receiver and destination country where you are required to send the funds:
First name: I have decided to not show the guys name because I dont know
Last name: if this job is real or not
City: TBILISI
Country: The Republic of Georgia (a country in the Caucasus region of Eurasia )
Note #1: street name or zip code is not mandatory for MoneyGram or Western Union transfers

We would greatly appreciate if you complete this assignment within 24 hours after the check is delivered. Note that an extra bonus will be included into your monthly paycheck if you complete all assignments in a quick and efficient manner.
We expect you to complete this transfer asap in order to move on with a training process.
Instructions on how to make online flight and hotel booking will be sent to you after completing a prepayment for it.

Note that sometimes a bank may require cheque clearing process and in this case you will have to deposit a check in your checking account. After making a deposit at the ATM or inside the branch, you will receive a deposit receipt with the date and time of when the check will be cleared and the hold time on the check, if any.
In case you've decided to deposit the check in your account, please inform us about how long it will take for the check to clear according to the expected time presented on the deposit receipt.

Once again our company appreciates your fast and timely performance in any financial services.
We sincerely hope that you should not meet any problems while completing this task if you follow the instructions and communicate with our head office on a daily basis.
If there are any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Please confirm whether you've received and fully understood the instructions.

Thank you in advance for your prompt reply.

Sincerely,
Florent Mabille
HR manager
Destination Plus, Sarl

After this I decided this was sketchy and was not gonna do it and in an email basically told him that I don't wanna do this because it seems sketchy and he then replied with this.

Let me assure you that this is a fully legitimate job offer with a guaranteed
monthly salary and commission payouts. We now have employees in several countries
and we expand our business on the US market. DestiPlus travel agency is a certified
employer in accordance with ISO standards. I attach a copy of our employer certificate.

Please expect the delivery and let me know when you successfully
receive it.
Thank you in advance for keeping us informed.

Sincerely,
Florent Mabille
Destination Plus, Travel Agency

I have yet to receive a check but when/if I receive the check I was just going to return it

What do you guys think? Is it a scam?
Advertisement

#333069 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:38 pm
[email protected]

Domain Name: DESTINATION-SARL.COM
Registrar: 1&1 INTERNET SE
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 83
Whois Server: whois.1and1.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.1and1.info
Name Server: NS1040.UI-DNS.ORG
Name Server: NS1061.UI-DNS.DE
Name Server: NS1076.UI-DNS.COM
Name Server: NS1103.UI-DNS.BIZ
Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 27-apr-2017
Creation Date: 27-apr-2017
Expiration Date: 27-apr-2018

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#333070 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:42 pm
Yes, you can do that if they will allow a package to be refused that way.

You just want to let them or the delivery person know it is scam related with a fake check.

Reason being the USPS and the bank account has been hacked the owners may not know.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#333144 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:06 pm
destination-sarl.com is a fake email-only domain. The whois record of the domain says he is in Boston, not Paris, whereas he's obviously in neither, but in or near Georgia (Tbilisi, not Atlanta). Please post the complete headers of the email from the fake domain so that we can kill it.

The check is fake, and this is a money laundering scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#333147 by Edgar Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:42 pm
I think i did this right here you go

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 74.208.5.2
Originating ISP: 1&1 Internet Se
City: Wayne
Country of Origin: United States
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
#333149 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:49 pm
Please post the complete headers here. We need to see ALL Received headers, ALL X-Original-IP headers, and possibly others. The mailhoster will need to see the headers to prove that the mail went through his mailserver.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#334144 by FedUp83 Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:21 am
I ran into trouble on ebay recently with someone trying to buy my item who offered a high amount and then never paid. Fortunately I did some research on them before sending the item and it turns out they were linked to Georgia as well, and were also located in the Boston area if I remember correctly (or near there on the East Coast). Is anyone reporting this to the FBI/ICE/any federal agency?
#351791 by GMTR Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:12 pm
Thanks for the warning, I think I got hit with a variation on this. I’ve gotten two emails now from an Arnaud Berneau who supposedly represents a Envision Tropicale SARL. I did a bit Of googling and found LinkedIn profiles for the company and the guy named, as well as a location in Paris.
Envision Tropicale seems to be a legit eco-tourism business in the Caribbean, which muddied the water a little.
In the second email though, he was claiming to be the ‘legal representative’ of the company and was offering documents to back up his claims, so, yeah, pretty sure it’s a scam now.

Any advice? I deleted the first email, should I just ignore them? Is there anyone I should report this to?