Room for Rent and other rental scams
#333773 by Michelle Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:54 am

Thanks for your email response,It gives me great joy to know that you are interested in this lovely house, My home is still very much available for rent and also ready for immediate occupancy. My name is Patrick Michu,. Actually the 1bd 1bth used to belong to my late father who died a month ago leaving me as the new owner of the property. I am currently in Philadelphia PA, I was in the house two weeks ago to make some renovations and keep the house in good condition for whosoever is willing to rent. Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat, as you may know i already have a place and job here in Ohio which doesn't permit me to relocate, I am a Christian, A God fearing person with two lovely kids i will be visiting from time to time to ensure the satisfaction of my tenant. Right now am in a middle of a project that will last for two to three years.get back to me with the rental application form if you are interested, Feel free to ask questions on what you need to know about the home.

House Address:619 Marengo St,New Orleans, LA 70115
Rent Per Month: $500 (Including All Utilities)
Security Deposit: $1000 (Refundable)
Total move in cost: $1500
Comfortable 2 Bedroom 1 Bathroom
All utilities are included in the rent.
Property Type: Single-Family Home
Pets are fully welcome.

Rent Questionnaire

Name: ________________ Date of birth ______/______/_______
Phone Home: ______________Phone work: ____________________
Phone Mobile: ____________________________ Email address: ___________________
Current address: _______________________

EMERGENCY CONTACT
Name: _______________________________________
How related: ______________________________________
Phone home: ______________ Phone work: ________________ Phone mobile: ________________
Address: ______________________

GENERAL INFORMATION

How soon do you want to move in: __________________
How long do you think you would be renting from us? _______________________
Reason for leaving: ________________________
References, Current Landlord Info, Job History and Income? ________________
Do you smoke or drink? ________________
Do you have a car?__________________
Occupation___________________
Picture of the occupant If available_____________
Are you married?____________________
How Much Do You Have At Hand Right Now If You Are Asked To Secure The Property Today________________

I ____________, CERTIFY that answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for tenant screening as may be necessary in arriving at a tenant decision. I understand that the landlord may terminate any rental agreement entered into for any misrepresentation made above.I will be looking forward to hearing back from you with all this detail, so that i can have them in my file in case of issuing your rent payment receipt to you and for contacting you. Your quick response will be highly appreciated, so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys of my property to you via Express Delivery Services.You can Call me or Text Me @ (318) 309-7566

Best Regards
Patrick Michu

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement