You can't win a lottery you haven't entered! Please read here for information on lottery scams.
#2162 by benjamin Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:48 am
The usual scam - You've won the lottery, now pay the fake courier company EXCELLENCE COURIER SERVICE. Real lotteries don't charge to send winnings, and they don't notify you by email to say you've won a lottery that you didn't enter either.

DR CHRISTOPHER MCDONALD <[email protected]> wrote:

MicrosoftWindows/Msn Lottery

Yahoo/Msn Lottery Incoperation
Baley House, Har Road Sutton,
Greater London SM1 4te
United Kingdom .

Dear suresh babu :

Hence we do believe with your winning prize ,you will continue to be active and patronage to the Yahoo/Msn & Microsoft Windows.I wish to formally announce to you that you have successfully pass the requirements, statutory obligations, verifications, validations and satisfactory report Test conducted for all on line winners.

A winning cheque has been issued in your name by the Yahoo/Msn Lottery Incoperation board and also a certificate of prize claims will be sent along side your winnings cheque.
You are therefore expected to contact our affiliated delivery company(EXCELLENCE SERVICES INTERNATIONAL COURIER SYSTEMS )department in which your winnings cheque has been sent to for delivery to your residence

Do contact the EXCELLENCE.COURIER.SERVICE with the contact information below for further instructions on how to send the consignment to your location and the amount to be charged for the delivery.

Please you should also send a copy of your winning verification form containing your winning details down to the courier company for reference and verification purpose.

DELIVERY DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
Dispatch Officer:Mr Nick Ward
EMAIL:[email protected]
Tel:+44 70359 03046

The Yahoo/Msn & Microsoft Windows lottery has discovered a huge number of double claims due to winners informing close friends relatives and third parties about their winning and also sharing their pin numbers. As a result of this,these friends try to claim the lottery on behalf of the real winners. The Microsoft lottery has reached a decision from headquarters that any double claim discovered by the Lottery Board will result to the cancelling of that particular winning, making a loss for both the double claimer and the real winner, as it is taken that the real winner was the informer to the double claimer about the lottery. So you are hereby strongly advised once more to keep your winnings strictly confidential until you claim your prize.

This office will not be responsible for any outstanding fees. Services rendered by EXCELLENCE COURIER SERVICE are to be paid by you and not the lottery board,for the fact that the lottery organisers didn't make any provision for any upcoming expenses,regarding delivery of parcel or any such.

Have it in mind that your won prize cannot be deducted from , this is because the total amount has been insured to the real value .This is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds.

Its is Expected that you add your IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS{PARCEL/NUM/3232} as the subject of any correspondence with the courier company to ensure they respond in a timely manner.
I will require a concise update on proceedings with the firm as soon as you are in contact with them.If you need any assistance whatsoever, please do not hesitate to let me know.Do have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Dr.Christopher Mcdonald
Tele.+44 70111 33921
+44 70457 28802
(Events Manager)
Payment and Release Order Dept
Advertisement

#3340 by Bulletproof Baba Tue May 06, 2008 2:08 pm
For a laugh, I called this guy (with holding my number) and really had him turning all over the place, I had him on speaker phone at work, and so everyone was listening, he was taken down big style and even told me that because Microsoft were financially in trouble, to get customers they were holding a raffle, which you can imagine was so funny amongst the office. He advised that bill gates had personally asked him to forward the emails. What made it worse was the fact that he had sent the email from a yahoo account ?!?!?! talk about dumb, when asked about it, he told me that due to security reasons microsoft hide their email accounts to stop scammers (oh my god what a numptie!), and so he had to make a yahoo a/c (as if i believed him), so after ripping him to shreds for 15 mins, I told him that the conversation had been recorded long enough to track his location and the flying squad will be paying him a visit ! such a crack, but beware only do this if you are confident in handling his con artists and gangsters, because things could get nasty if you dont, NEVER EVER give any of your details, no matter how much the winning lottery ticket is worth !!

#3402 by ms13381 Fri May 16, 2008 6:16 am
Got one today too ;) It's a bit different though...

Microsoft Corporation
#1 Microsoft Way,
Redmond, WA 98052
Ref: BTD/968/07
Batch: 409978E.

MICROSOFT EMAIL LOTTERY AWARD PROMOTION: UNITED KINGDOM

Finally,today we announce this months winners of the MICROSOFT MEGA JACKPOT
held on the 16th of May,2008.This is an Electronic Mail Award in which email
addresses from all over the world were selected from our Email Selection
Machine (TOPAZ),of which Your email address was a lucky winner of $500,000 USD
in a Certified Bank Draft to your personal e-mail address,attached to the
winning number 23-76-06-54-42-100,With serial number 647489,Ref: BTD/968/07
and Batch: 409978E.Selection process was carried out through random selection
in our computerized email selection machine (TOPAZ) from a database of over
1,000,000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world.You are
to contact your claims(winnings) through our fiduciary agent.

CLAIMS FIDUCIARY AGENT: Mr. Mark Blair
E-mail: [email protected]

NOTE THAT THE BELOW INFORMATION IS REQUIRED TO CLAIM YOUR WINNINGS:

1.Full Name: 2.Address: 3.Nationality: 4.Age/Date of Birth:
5.Occupation: 6.Tel/Fax: 7.State of Origin: 8.Country: 9.Sex:
10.Ref/Batch no:

Sincerely,
Mrs. Linda Clarkson
Secretary.
2008 Microsoft.