Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#340616 by Alcina Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:42 am
Hello,
I applied in early September for a job position in London, UK. It seems strange to me that I can't find out much about this company online. This is what they answered me two weeks after I filled the application form, in an email titled 'Application Successful'.

Dear XXX,
Starbrick Construction Limited focuses on attracting and developing the best professionals in the industry. Our teams are made up of people from all walks of life and it’s their diverse backgrounds and perspectives that help us to think differently. We see this as a key strength, helping to turn our ideas and experience into better solutions and services for our customers and the communities where we live and work. We have developed a range of programmes and networks to help make Starbrick a more diverse, inclusive and supportive place for our people. In summary, a diverse range of perspectives, languages, abilities and cultures helps us build stronger teams, make better decisions and support our customers more effectively. We are investing in the workforce of the future, creating inclusive workplaces and offering development programmes that bring out people’s potential. Tailored training and mentoring, skills development and leadership programmes enable our people to achieve their full potential and provide a better service for our customers. In doing so, we are helping to build a better business which helps us meet our customers’ needs more effectively and a better society, creating lasting value in the communities where we live and work.

We want to use this medium to officially inform you that you have been selected as one of the successful candidates and we would be very pleased to have you as part of this great company. We are very delighted to offer you employment and this decision has been reached after thorough examination of your CV/Resume with reference to your experience and verification of all information provided in the Application Form. Psychometric Test and Oral Interview could not take place due to limited time frame among other reasons such as new projects, expanding workload and ever increasing client base. The selection process is strictly based on screened CV/Resume and response to questions in our Application Form. Attached to this email is the Employment Agreement from Starbrick Construction Limited. You are required to review this Employment Agreement and if you find the terms and conditions stated therein favourable, kindly print out the last page and write down your name and signature in the space provided after which you are required to scan and send the scanned copy back to us via email attachment.

Lastly, if there should be any area of concern regarding the Employment Agreement or you have any question that requires urgent clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately via return email or telephone or seek the consent of a legal adviser. The original (hard) copy of your Employment Agreement and Appointment Letter shall be couriered to you along with all other supporting employment and immigration documents for your personal perusal and retention. Further details regarding your employment proceedings shall be communicated to you on receipt of the scanned copy of your signed Employment Agreement. Once again we say thank you for considering Starbrick Construction Limited as a potential employer. In the meanwhile, we stay at your disposal for any further information.

Congratulations once again on the success of your application.

Best Regards
Julian Sebastian
Human Resources Manager
Starbrick Construction Limited

I sent them back the agreement with my signature, as it seemed so real. The number of the company seems to be registered. They didn't ask me for money yet. What do you think about it? Thank you so much to everybody who will help me.
Advertisement

#340624 by Bryon Williams Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:51 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

What email address did they use? Were there any phone numbers?

What is their website address?

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#340626 by Alcina Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:57 am
They sent me everything with the email [email protected]. It is related to the website http://starbrickconstruction.com/ which was only registered on 10 August 2017. Unfortunately this website is so uncomplete I can't verify a thing.

Telephone: +44 203 322 1142 Fax: +44 845 8742 370 Email:[email protected]

Starbrick Construction Limited - 193 Lawrence Avenue, Manor Park, London, E12 5QR, United Kingdom

Company Registration No. 08443015 | Registered for companies in England and Wales
#340634 by Alcina Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:10 am
Thank you so much. It was written in a really formal way, it seemed truly real. I feel so stupid. So since I signed the agreement, are they going to ask me for money? Thank you again.
#340640 by Alcina Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:18 am
Ok, thank you. Similar job positions (engineers) are offered in Italy and South Africa too.
Watch out guys.