Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#337534 by Naughtulus Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:28 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:Scammers and thieves are not specific in what crime they commit. The are opportunist.

If you are in contact with anyone with the information posted then it is a scam.

I can't disagree with scammers being opportunistic. What information did you receive about Al Bassam that caused you to list them as scammers?
Advertisement

#342925 by Graham0jack Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:01 am
Mod Note: This post was made the scammer himself in an attempt to avoid losing victims. We are leaving it here to show how low these criminals will go to steal from their innocent vicitms.

GENTLEMEN, I CAN'T GIVE SO MUCH INFO HERE AS NECESSARY BUT WILL DRIVE TO THE POINT. I AM POSTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A FRIEND I MADE RECENTLY ON A TRIP I HAD AND HIS BUSINESS. PERSONALLY I DON'T THINK DR. MUHANNA NURIN NABIL AND HIS TEAM AT AL BASSAM HOLDINGS ARE WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN PAINTED TO BE. I RECENTLY MET WITH MR. KAMAL KANAAN WHO IS AN EXECUTIVE MEMBER OF AL BASSAM HOLDINGS AND WAS SUPRISED TO HEAR THE REAL STORY ABOUT HIS FIRM. HE TOLD ME THAT THEIR WEBSITE WAS CLONED BY SOME WEB HACKERS WHO USED THEIR COMPANY NAME TO CON UNSUSPECTING VICTIMS FROM MONIES OF DIFFERENT RANGES ALL IN A BID TO PROVIDE A LOAN PORTFOLIO. THESE HACKERS LINKED HIS COMPANY AL BASSAM HOLDINGS TO ANOTHER SIMILAR ENTITY AL BASSAM INVESTMENT CO WLL AND IT WAS TAKEN AS A STOLEN INDENTITY. HOWEVER, BOTH COMPANIES ARE IN BAHRAIN AND EVER SINCE THEY HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO REACH OUT TO POTENTIAL PARTNERS AS THEY MANAGE ALREADY EXISTING ONES IN THEIR PORTFORLIO. MR. KAMAL AND DR. MUHANNA ARE BOTH EXPERIENCED INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE HELPED COMPANIES IN THE GULF REGION GET BACK TO THEIR FEET THROUGH FINANCING, MAJORLY THROUGH THE SUKUK PROGRAM INITIATED BY THE BAHRAIN GOVERNMENT. IN THIS LITE I WISH TO SOLICITE AND ENCOURAGE POTENTIAL PARTNERS TO PROCEED WITH ALL NEGOTIATIONS. TO CLEAR ALL DOUBTS I ADVICE YOU VISIT MR. KAMAL AT HIS HOME IN BFH WEST TOWER. I KNOW IT MAY SOUND BLURRY BUT I'M NOT A LONE WITNESS, I HAVE GONE FOR A MEETING AND I AM CONVINCED THESE INDIVIDUALS ARE RESPONSIBLE AND REPUTABLE BUSINESS MEN.
#342960 by AlanJones Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:18 am
The scammer also uses email address [email protected].

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#355029 by Art23 Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 am
MaxProffett wrote:Sophisticated scam operating via the website http://www.albassaminvestment.com
They have stolen the identity of another well known Bahrain investment company called Al Bassam Investment Co. Good looking website operated by experienced scammers. The real company does not use this domain.
Domain was registered in May 2017 by someone previously involved with scam websites. Website is hosted in Bulgaria. A couple of the front people scouting for business are:
Adel Tariq [email protected]
Rayan Hamda [email protected]
They are also using LinkedIn to contact members.

Thank you for this information. I think these guys may be at it again. Our company received an unsolicited linkedin email from a representative of Al Mojil Holdings in Dec 2017:

http://www.almojilholdings.com

They requested our company presentation and did limited due diligence before asking to schedule a skype call. The following morning they extended term sheets for our full financing round with very favorable terms. After several email exchanges with our attorneys they sent a request for a "broker's fee" of $30K. That was a total red flag.

Long story short the firm Al Mojil Holdings looks like a legitimate firm in Bahrain and Dubai, founded in 2008, however the website I linked above was only created in Nov 2017.

Finally, I searched their board members on Linkedin and found one of them has a "recommendation" from Adel Tariq of "Al Bassam Investments" and that pretty much completed the story here.

Looks like they've spoofed a legit investment firm and started this scam. Wondering if anyone else has experience with Al Mojil Holdings.
#355202 by AlanJones Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:40 pm
From the website redexinc.com:
Redex Inc. provides a complete range of third party ship management and consulting services from its headquarters in the UK. Our executives and staff have the knowledge and experience to meet our client’s needs efficiently and cost effectively for any type of vessel or maritime project.

We at Redex Inc. are here to assure and provide a unique style management for ship owners. Our goal is to customize our services to fit our customer’s needs at anytime and anywhere in the world. Our team of professionals has the expertise to manage the fleet, liaising with our principals, employees, crews and service providers. We proudly have expanded a genuine partnership with all of our clients around the world, providing a high quality service at competitive levels 24/7.

Redex Inc. is an energetic and rapidly growing Ship Manager. We at Redex Inc. operate on a daily basis, providing crew and technical services on board to more than 30 vessels at present.

Our Ship Management services include crew management, marine consultancy, technical management, Information Technology solutions and services, chartering and operations, purchasing consulting, crew travel, finance control and insurance services.

2117 Main Street Santa Monica CA 90405, USA

MAIL US
[email protected]

From the WhoIs for redexinc.com:
Creation Date: 2017-11-09T00:47:30Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-11-09T00:47:30Z

Registrant Name: Ali Abdullah
Registrant Organization: Al Qasr Ai Raqi
Registrant Street: 195 South Laqrui
Registrant City: Mubru kai ral
Registrant State/Province: Ras al-Khaimah
Registrant Postal Code:
Registrant Country: AE
Registrant Phone: +971.557541124
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#365302 by Ada Walsh Tue May 22, 2018 12:29 pm
As a followup to viewtopic.php?f=35&p=336309 (Did not want to necro an old thread)

LinkedIN
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-darryl-webb-046a2843
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/DrDWebb/
Alignable
https://www.alignable.com/lake-mary-fl/global-financial

Runs a website http://globalfs.webs.com/ known as "Global Financial" - supposedly financing companies.

From the website

" HOW OUR PROCESS WORKS
1. Initial interview via phone , meeting or email. Submit application and fees.
2. You will be sent our criteria that shows how to prepare your project. We will send you sample projects to give you a snap shot of what a project would look like.
3. A conference call will be set up by our senior adviser via phone to review the criteria and discuss your project.
4. Put together project based on our criteria, then submit to us. We then begin the funding search with our over 9000 investment groups.
5. You are funded."

The "Application form"

Some snippets follow, this is priceless. The entire form is simply typed up not even an SSL certificate or authentication not even a proper web form (one would think that a "Global Financial Institution" could afford to have a proper form created, I guess not in this case. just a typed up form that you need to fill in (send the application fee of course $3000.00)

For your $3000.00 you get the following stellar service offered to you

• Preliminary screening of Applicant?s Project for funding or potential funding
  • Identify all potential funds or funding for this project or projects
  • Identify funding Application process
  • Provide all communications between Applicant and Funds or Investor.
  • Evaluate Preliminary Applicants Funding Application and/or Proposals with potential Investor.

So, for your $3000.00 you get

The Consultant will provide professional services as identifies in 3 above.
All fees (Retainer) are considered compensation for the Consultant?s (sic) professional services. Consultant makes no claims or guaranty regarding the actual awards of funding

Looks like you pay the $3000.00 and get lip service.

This site is highly suspect.
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue May 22, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Merged with existing topic
#365303 by AlanJones Tue May 22, 2018 12:39 pm
Thanks for posting. I've merged your post with the original topic on this scammer as we like to keep things all in one place so that it is easier for victims to keep track of.

globalfs.webs.com is a fake website on a free hosting platform. Not something that a legitimate business in a regulated industry would be using.

#365330 by TimBoyd Tue May 22, 2018 11:11 pm
This phoney targeted me as well.

I had a look at the BBB profile for his fake company Global Financial Systems and Solutions, which is not an accredited listing, it was created by BBB after someone complained that Global Financial Systems and Solutions stole $3,000 from them.

His profile has 3 positive reviews all posted on the same day March 23 this year. That stinks of being fake testimonials.

There is also no trace of this claimed company Global Financial Systems and Solutions being registered in Florida.

There's also a few more email addresses on the BBB listing

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
#398024 by venik Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:22 pm
Hi, anyone stop this guy or know how?

He is using my family's holding company to supposedly raise money. He used two of our co-workers names, our address, and a fake phone number to commit fraud. Here's that e-mail and all the websites/e-mails associated with it. He seems to use the same domain host for all the websites, namecheap.com. Namecheap has a phone number in bakersfield where I used to live, so I wonder if I know the person creating it. It was also created on my birthday, and uses some ideas I've had about my family's company in the fraudulent website caroneenergy.com. More reasons I suspect I know the person.

Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:44 AM
To: Olman Valverde <[email protected]>
Subject: Fwd: Next steps

Olman, thank you for your time today. This was the email i was sent to verify Clem Alberts participation with Al Manal Investments. Any verification would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Shawn Grow

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: September 16, 2019 at 7:10:31 AM EDT
To: "Shawn Grow" <[email protected]>
Cc: "Waseem Nawaf" <[email protected]>, "Dr Khalil Ebrahim Ali Qamber" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Next steps

Salaam Shawn,

I bring greetings to you. My apologies for the delay in responding to your email as i was traveling on a road show. We are pleased to learn that you are in discussion with Arab Eastern Insurance Company and in the process of obtaining the FPG. We are currently rounding up foreign investment for this fiscal year and would request we move forward expeditiously to complete the transaction. We are a fully audited company and i have attached our financials and pertinent documents from our data room for your perusal. We have receive authorization from the following companies to share their contact details for reference purpose:

Clem Alberts

Chief Financial Controller

email: [email protected]

Carone Energy Corporation

Address: 1145 Eugenia Place, Carpinteria, CA 93013

Phone: +1 (805) 881-7389

Web: http://www.caroneenergy.com

[email protected]

and

Priit Albri

Managing Partner

[email protected]

JBC FINANCIAL ADVISORY OU

Address: Narva mnt 5, 10117, Tallinn linn,

Harju maakond, Republic of Estonia

http://www.jbcadvisory.com

[email protected]

Phone: +37257656499

We are still in discussion with a number of companies and once i have their approvals to share their contact details for reference purpose, i would do that immediately. I look forward to a long lasting business collaboration.

Shukran

Mr. Karim Kadeen

Executive Director, International Investments

Al Manal International Investment Co. WLL

Building 3809 Road 2831, Block 304,

Manama Center, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain

[email protected]

http://www.almanalinvestmentwll.com

---- On Fri, 06 Sep 2019 16:30:20 +0300 Shawn Grow <[email protected]> wrote ----

Salaam Ahmed and group, We have reached out to Arab Eastern Insurance and have received their requirements. Our response will be sent early next week. Can we get a couple of references/contacts for companies that have done projects with Al Manal. United States contacts would be best but not required. We look forward to working together on this project and the continued expansion of our edge computing network.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestech ... 2211e34eaf

http://www.chetansharma.com/edge-intern ... -trillion/

Best regards,

Shawn Grow

President/Co Founder