Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#34089 by cko36 Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:21 pm
i dont have an account with HSBC

28/07/2010

HSBC BANK [email protected]

Sent: 28 July 2010 14:39:32
To:

Dear Customer,

We have noticed repeated attempts to log into your account from outside the united kingdom. As a result we are taking extra security checks on your account in order to protect your information from fraudulent uses.

. Please Click Here To Start .

However, Failure to do so may result in temporary account suspension. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Fraud Prevention Unit
Legal Advisor
HSBC Online.
Advertisement

#34091 by Dotti Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:53 pm
Welcome cko36!

I see you have been busy posting scam formats--thank you for doing that, as every format posted has the potential to help another potential victim.

This particular email is a phishing email--though we do not recommend reporting free email accounts used for scamming, we do recommend forwarding phishing attempts to the legitimate business so that they can quickly address them. Generally there is an address for this on the real bank/company website. For HSBC, phishing emails targeting Americans should be forwarded to [email protected] - each country has its own site and address.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#34259 by laurabona Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:38 am
Hi I received the same email I know it is a scam as I do not have an overseas account do these peopke we are idiots :laugh-s:
#34293 by Arnold Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:53 am
If you did though, are you sure you wouldn't have fallen for it?
These scammers use email lists with thousands of addresses, knowing that most recipients will ignore it. Even one person who gives up his bank access details is a satisfactory result.