Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#34778 by David Jansen Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:25 am
This is a next of kin scam, where the scammer wants you to believe you can get a part of a deceased person's fortune. In most cases the scammer is playing the rôle of a corrupt banker who wants to steal a deceased customers money with your help, for a share of the loot of course. If this was real, you would be helping a criminal to steal, but in this case the scammer will only steal your money by asking you to pay for made up fees to release the money to you. Don't fall for this scam!
Return-Path: <[email protected]>

Delivered-To:

Received: from gmail39.cn4e.com

(localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])

by mail.gmail39.cn4e.com

(Postfix) with SMTP id BC1DF2400EA

for <; Thu, 29 Jul 2010 07:32:04 +0800 (CST)

Received: from server.knox13.com

([96.31.78.77])

by gmail39.cn4e.com

(35.COM

Anti-Spam & Anti-Virus SMTP Gateway System) with ESMTP id 11778.65.1280359913.859958;

Thu, 29 Jul 2010 07:31:53 +0800 (CST)

X-Gateway-Id: 11778.65.1280359913.859958

X-Bordeaux-Spam: YES

X-Bordeaux-Score: 1017

X-Bordeaux-Status: NO,SPAM,BLOCK

X-Bordeaux-LOG: 269

----BEGIN-LOG----

H4sIAAAAAAAAA+3YywqCQBgFYDcF9RS+QANipS6KROxCppJR0K5MLLyBUmTP2pO0aqplKG40ifPB

P8ziLM5qfpgGwzCKoeuqsmKySH3Cc0QQiSBkZuB/3Qtk3GB38nmJ2GHXIXYUsOaYla2OvGYnm9IL

AsBPNemoU83IyyROfHFi4oXRleNfj0RF3aAeHgUyxrz0GgBQUy06C3mm5WXCaB8d0tH3OvmcrDXb

qoMeL0oVdYZqFdojXuk1AKCm2nSWipn9qUWlu9C1j/RIjqfRNbjRq39+rxA6w4qKws9gjwBAnicx

/nDpIBkAAA==

----END-LOG----

X-Bordeaux-Action-libantispam.so

:

Rule: IP_NO_PTR;server.knox13.com:TXT_NO_SPF;DT_HD_MFNQ;DT_HD_TEXT;HD_REPLY

Action: OnConnect(NEXT,50);OnHelo(NEXT,0);OnMail(NEXT,0);OnRcpt(NEXT,0);OnDa

ta(NEXT,0);OnDataHeader(NEXT,200);OnDataBody(SPAM,767);Relay[SPAM,10921,0];R

elay[SPAM,10923,0];Relay[SPAM,10924,0];Relay[NEXT,10950,0];Relay[SPAM,10950,

0];Relay[SPAM,10910,0];OnRelay(-NS---,0)

Baserule: US_DOLLARS_3[130];MILLION_USD[180];URG_BIZ[154];UNCLAIMED_MONEY[30

3]

X-Bordeaux-Action-libclamav.so

:

Virus-Flag: False

X-Bordeaux-Action-libex.so

:

Received: from nobody by server.knox13.com

with local (Exim 4.69)

(envelope-from <[email protected]>)

id 1OeG6K-0006Xj-NV

for ; Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:31:52 -0400

To:

Subject: [Norton AntiSpam][*] Hello

@gmail.com

>

Reply-To: saleemalfara.ae

@gmail.com

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Message-Id: <[email protected]>

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:31:52 -0400

X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report

X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - server.knox13.com

X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - xmzhanlu.com

X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [99 99] / [47 12]

X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - server.knox13.com

X-Brightmail-Tracker: AAAACAr/JMkVT/Y8FUbreBVG67wVRutGFUbqmxVG6uMVRhlP
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:32 AM
To:

From The Desk of Mr.Saleem Al Farra.

Branch Manager National Bank of Abu Dhabi

Al Ain Branch Sweihan Branch,Swihan & Al Hayer

Road Between Post Office & Police Station,

United Arab Emirates U.A .E

Email: saleemalfara.ae

@gmail.com

Good Day Friend,

I am pleased to get across to you for a very urgent and profitable business proposal, I got your e-mail address in Internet yellow page while searching for a trusted and reliable partner whom I will deal with for both mutual benefits,

after I decided to contact you and ask for your assistance in this urgent matter, requiring trust and confidentiality, I am Mr. Saleem Al Farra, the

Branch manager, National Bank of Abu Dhabi Al Ain Branch, Swihan & Al Hayer Road Between Post Office & Police Station (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES),Married with four children.

I am writing this letter to ask for your support and co-operation to carry out this business opportunity in my department, On June 6, 1999, an

America Oil consultant/contractor with Petroleum Corporation, Mr. Thomas Stone, made a numbered time (fixed) deposit for twelve calendar months,

Valued at US$12,000,000.00 (Twelve Million United State Dollars in my branch upon maturity. I sent a routine notification to his forwarding

address but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, the Petroleum Corporation that Mr.

Thomas Stone, died in the plane crash On October 31, 1999, (an Egyptian Boeing 767 Flight 990) with other passengers on board as you can confirm

it yourself via the website below.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1999/11/ ... 9778.shtml

Most asttorning of my discovery was that, all records bear no next of kin, meaning no member of Mr. Thomas Stone, family knows about the deposit therefore, no member of his family will ever come forward to claim the money, In order for the bank not to transfer the said sum of Twelve Million United State Dollars ($12,000,000.00) as unclaimed funds to the emirates treasury account, the above stated funds most be claimed immediately by somebody standing in as late Mr. Thomas Stone. Next of Kin, because According to (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES LAW), at the expiration of (Eleven) years; the money will revert to the ownership of the (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) Government if nobody applies to claim the fund,

This revelation is only known to me because I was his personal account officer before I was posted to become the branch manager, now I seek your collaboration to act as next of kin to late Mr. Thomas Stone, to claim the funds and move them into useful investments, we shall split the cash between our self upon the confirmation of the money into your account, I am ready to offer you 30% of the total fund and 70% for me,

Please note that by the virtue of my position in the bank, I have worked out the perfect modality as well as I shall provide the relevant information's and documents for the successful claim and transfer of the funds in the account that will be provided by you, I can not stand in the forefront of this transaction because I work with the bank ,that is why I have come to you, for assistance be rest assured that this project involve no risk to you, upon the receipt of your acceptance mail me, I will like you to provide me with the following details, to my private email address,( saleemalfara.ae

@gmail.com

)

(1) Your Valid Direct Tel/ Mobile/Fax Number.

(2) Your Full Name:

(3) Current Resident Address.

(4) Your Private E-mail Box.

(5) Your Occupation:

(6) Your Age and Sex:

(7) Your Nationality:

Then I shall furnish you with due process of concluding this transaction without any delay. please discard this message if you are not interested.

Thanks for your kind Understanding.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
Advertisement

#34794 by David Jansen Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:47 am
And here's another one from thesame scammer.
Return-Path: <[email protected]>

Delivered-To:

Received: from gmail39.cn4e.com

(localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])

by mail.gmail39.cn4e.com

(Postfix) with SMTP id 304DF240069

for ; Sun, 1 Aug 2010 20:24:17 +0800 (CST)

Received: from server.knox13.com

([96.31.78.77])

by gmail39.cn4e.com

(35.COM

Anti-Spam & Anti-Virus SMTP Gateway System) with ESMTP id 29225.209.1280665448.491746;

Sun, 1 Aug 2010 20:24:08 +0800 (CST)

X-Gateway-Id: 29225.209.1280665448.491746

X-Bordeaux-Spam: YES

X-Bordeaux-Score: 1017

X-Bordeaux-Status: NO,SPAM,BLOCK

X-Bordeaux-LOG: 269

----BEGIN-LOG----

H4sIAAAAAAAAA+3YzQqCQBQFYDcF9RS+QANlZS0KRawk06goaGcmKaWCUmjP2pO0aqplKG78Ic4H

d5jFWZzVXJgawzCSrmmytGGSDPuEaxN+QHg+MQP/65Ehc3IN58INiel1LWL6LrucsOK6JW7Z6S73

ggBQqjodeabqaZnQCm5WQM6eH7W59yNRUDeohmeGjD7PvQYAVFSDzkJU1LSM5x/8Yyz8rpPvya6V

vTzqcYNOQZ2hWJn2yDn3GgBQUU06K2mZ/KlFxYZ3Mm16hLYjRO6dXi/XzwqhMy6oKJQGewQA0rwA

JF15/CAZAAA=

----END-LOG----

X-Bordeaux-Action-libantispam.so

:

Rule: IP_NO_PTR;server.knox13.com:TXT_NO_SPF;DT_HD_MFNQ;DT_HD_TEXT;HD_REPLY

Action: OnConnect(NEXT,50);OnHelo(NEXT,0);OnMail(NEXT,0);OnRcpt(NEXT,0);OnDa

ta(NEXT,0);OnDataHeader(NEXT,200);OnDataBody(SPAM,767);Relay[SPAM,10921,0];R

elay[SPAM,10923,0];Relay[SPAM,10924,0];Relay[NEXT,10950,0];Relay[SPAM,10950,

0];Relay[SPAM,10910,0];OnRelay(-NS---,0)

Baserule: US_DOLLARS_3[130];MILLION_USD[180];URG_BIZ[154];UNCLAIMED_MONEY[30

3]

X-Bordeaux-Action-libclamav.so

:

Virus-Flag: False

X-Bordeaux-Action-libex.so

:

Received: from nobody by server.knox13.com

with local (Exim 4.69)

(envelope-from <[email protected]>)

id 1OfXaH-0003YL-2e

for ; Sun, 01 Aug 2010 08:24:05 -0400

To:

@gmail.com

>

Reply-To: [email protected]

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Message-Id: <[email protected]>

Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 08:24:05 -0400

X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report

X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - server.knox13.com

X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - xmzhanlu.com

X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [99 99] / [47 12]

X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - server.knox13.com

X-Brightmail-Tracker: AAAACAr/JMkVYb38FWHCNxVhwnsVYcFbFWHCBRVhwaMVYPF4
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2010 8:24 PM
To:

From The Desk of Mr.Saleem Al Farra.

Branch Manager National Bank of Abu Dhabi

Al Ain Branch Sweihan Branch,Swihan & Al Hayer

Road Between Post Office & Police Station,

United Arab Emirates U.A .E

Email:[email protected]

Good Day Friend,

I am pleased to get across to you for a very urgent and profitable business proposal, I got your e-mail address in Internet yellow page while searching for a trusted and reliable partner whom I will deal with for both mutual benefits,

after I decided to contact you and ask for your assistance in this urgent matter, requiring trust and confidentiality, I am Mr. Saleem Al Farra, the

Branch manager, National Bank of Abu Dhabi Al Ain Branch, Swihan & Al Hayer Road Between Post Office & Police Station (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES),Married with four children.

I am writing this letter to ask for your support and co-operation to carry out this business opportunity in my department, On June 6, 1999, an

America Oil consultant/contractor with Petroleum Corporation, Mr. Thomas Stone, made a numbered time (fixed) deposit for twelve calendar months,

Valued at US$12,000,000.00 (Twelve Million United State Dollars in my branch upon maturity. I sent a routine notification to his forwarding

address but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, the Petroleum Corporation that Mr.

Thomas Stone, died in the plane crash On October 31, 1999, (an Egyptian Boeing 767 Flight 990) with other passengers on board as you can confirm

it yourself via the website below.

Most asttorning of my discovery was that, all records bear no next of kin, meaning no member of Mr. Thomas Stone, family knows about the deposit therefore, no member of his family will ever come forward to claim the money, In order for the bank not to transfer the said sum of Twelve Million United State Dollars ($12,000,000.00) as unclaimed funds to the emirates treasury account, the above stated funds most be claimed immediately by somebody standing in as late Mr. Thomas Stone. Next of Kin, because According to (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES LAW), at the expiration of (Eleven) years; the money will revert to the ownership of the (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) Government if nobody applies to claim the fund,

This revelation is only known to me because I was his personal account officer before I was posted to become the branch manager, now I seek your collaboration to act as next of kin to late Mr. Thomas Stone, to claim the funds and move them into useful investments, we shall split the cash between our self upon the confirmation of the money into your account, I am ready to offer you 30% of the total fund and 70% for me,

Please note that by the virtue of my position in the bank, I have worked out the perfect modality as well as I shall provide the relevant information's and documents for the successful claim and transfer of the funds in the account that will be provided by you, I can not stand in the forefront of this transaction because I work with the bank ,that is why I have come to you, for assistance be rest assured that this project involve no risk to you, upon the receipt of your acceptance mail me, I will like you to provide me with the following details, to my private email address,( [email protected] )

(1) Your Valid Direct Tel/ Mobile/Fax Number.

(2) Your Full Name:

(3) Current Resident Address.

(4) Your Private E-mail Box.

(5) Your Occupation:

(6) Your Age and Sex:

(7) Your Nationality:

Then I shall furnish you with due process of concluding this transaction without any delay. please discard this message if you are not interested.

Thanks for your kind Understanding.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.