Information on romance scams and scammers.
#351610 by Moni78 Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:25 pm
I need help I met this guy on instgram and now we talk on whatsapp. He wants to put money in my account and he gets mad when I say no. So he said he would report me to the United States military administration. One day I got an email from them. Here's the email they sent me from [email protected]. And I don't answer him right away he says he will tell them and they will have me arrested for lying. I can send you a copy of the email they sent me. Oh and also they sent me a picture of the guy and it was a picture from Instagram. Sorry the guy was telling me his name is Raymond Higgins. I found the real guy that the pictures belong to and he's not even here he's retired from the marines and he's training in Thailand. So please help I need to get rid of this guy and his friends. I have 2 numbers for them and that email. So please help me.
Monica
Advertisement

#351611 by Bryon Williams Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:30 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

It is a 100% a scam.

Please post the emails from Raymond Higgins and [email protected] .

Remove your personal information from them prior to submitting.

Do not post the emails you sent.

Stop all contact with the scammer. He was trying to get you into helping him steal money from other victims.

Stop contact with whomever you believe is the real person. Most likely you are in contact with another scammer.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#385654 by Ivethsanchez81 Mon May 13, 2019 10:08 am
Hello, I too was a victim of this "Raymond Higgins" . His full fake name is Raymond James Higgins and claims he is from the Bronx, NY. I met him in December 2018 on Instagram. He made me believe he was a Marine stationed in Afghanistan. After a few months of chatting he claimed he loved me and really wanted to see me. He came up with this whole story about how he wanted to come home but he would have to request a special leave and it would cost $15,000 dollars to replace him with another Marine. He requested my help to raise funds. I was very naive and went ahead and helped him. He demanded buy I buy several Apple Iphones. He explained an ex-military woman would receive the phones and she would ship them to Afghanistan. He told me not to worry and that he would pay for the phones. Luckily my carried deemed the purchase suspicious and canceled the order. Since he was not able to get money from me that way he came up with another scheme. He demanded I open several credit cards in my name. Once I had them he instructed me to buy Itunes gift cards. He would then sell them to fellow Marines. I very stupidly did as he instructed. He was able to steal $5,000 worth of Itunes gift cards from me. I confronted him about a lie I caught him in. His response was that he wanted a $500.00 dollar Apple gift card from me otherwise he will post pictures of me all over the internet and social media. He also warned me that he will post my personal information such as my full name and address. I believe this Raymond Higgins is the same guy who tried to scam you. Ladies please be careful with this guy. He will steal your money and try to extort you!!!!