Information on romance scams and scammers.
#332814 by Wondering woman Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:52 pm
I met this gentleman on match.com. We of course hit it off from the start. He stated he was an offshore engineer specializing in remediation of oil spillage. He won a big contract and left for Cyprus. I only saw pictures which he sent to me each time I asked for one at that moment..... but after being over seas he ran short of money. He first asked me for $15,000+ ! I told him I didn't have it. He's now asking for help getting him home. He's staying in a hotel until I send money to a financier.... by the name of Lawrence Scott who has an account with a Bank of America. Supposedly this guy Lawrence will arrange for his ticket home once I pay him. This guy - Richard is quick, smart and persuasive. Please tell me if he's a scam ..... I'd like to believe him but it has all the signs of a scam! He says he's Richard Olsen -- age 60 lives on Quarry Road in Farmville VA. Has a 28 year old daughter named Kim who is married and lives in CA With husband and little boy. He owns his own business Olsen Engineering and Construction with an office in Madison Heights VA. He's originally from Texas where he was married for 26 years before losing his wife to cancer. As I said -- he appears to be legit except for asking for money -- just unsure if he's just got bad luck right now or scamming. PLEASE HELP!!!! I will post pictures once I've marked them so they can't be used again....
Advertisement

#332815 by AlanJones Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:56 pm
Anyone who begs strangers for money is a scammer.

No one goes overseas with no access to money and if he really was stuck, he would be able to get assistance from the Embassy/Consulate wherever he is.

Please post some of the emails from the scammer (particularly the one where he provides you with the bank account so that we can report it to the authorities for fraud) and any email addresses, telephone numbers and websites he has given you.

The best thing to do is cut off all contact with him. Just disappear, don't give him any excuses or accuse him.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#332835 by Wondering woman Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:02 pm
Thanks - i'm attaching pictures now and a document in notepad that has the header. The statement about the account was sent to me by text. But it's detailed with account number (although it looks like it's missing a couple digits), the bank and the person's name.

Information from an email:

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mail.outlook.com ([40.70.220.85])
by smtp.gmail.com with ESMTPSA id u85sm5262065qku.42.2017.06.24.06.22.17
for <[email protected]>
(version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);
Sat, 24 Jun 2017 06:22:18 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 13:22:17 +0000 (UTC)
To: <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <BF570C731205DD98.6C0B75F8-3CCA-4BBA-ACDB-5A28076AA4F3@mail.outlook.com>
In-Reply-To: <BF570C731205DD98.65D68193-23E4-4FED-BFF7-6108FC4B06B3@mail.outlook.com>
References: <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<BF570C731205DD98.0EF806DF-24BD-45C8-8078-960133500205@mail.outlook.com>
<[email protected]>
<BF570C731205DD98.65D68193-23E4-4FED-BFF7-6108FC4B06B3@mail.outlook.com>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]:
Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: To My Sweet Lady
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_91_989994203.1498310537721"
X-Mailer: Outlook for iOS and Android

------=_Part_91_989994203.1498310537721
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=09
=09=09
=09=09
=09
=09=09
=09=09Richard,
I am VERY heartbroken. You are someone that i haven't even met face to face=
-- you asked me for money to assist you in your contract and then you ask =
for my account numbers. =C2=A0I'm not saying you're dishonest person, I'm j=
ust saying that without meeting you and knowing you... I will not take any =
chances financially.
I have been so upset and hurt over this I have broken out in hives. =C2=A0Y=
our words are beautiful and I'd love to be with you when you are back. =C2=
=A0If you want me to meet you at the airport I would love to but please don=
't ask for anything financially.
my
=09=09

=09=09Get Outlook for iOSrds are beautiful and you're very handsome... k
=09

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 7:22 PM -0400, "myname" <[email protected]=
om> wrote:

=09
=09=09
=09=09
=09
=09=09
=09=09So..... =C2=A0does this mean that you arent who you say you are...but=
just a guy somewhere in a different country -- trying to get women to send=
you money? =C2=A0I'm so hurt and so confused right now ... =C2=A0I opened =
my heart and let you (or whomever this person is in the pictures) into it a=
nd it's all a scam?!
I fell for this person hook-line-and sinker ..... I thought I had covered t=
hings pretty good asking for so many pictures.....
I hate life right now....
=09=09

=09=09Get Outlook for iOS
=09

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 3:01 AM -0400, <[email protected]> wrote:

Good Morning Sunshine,
I'm sorry I haven't been able to write you, it's been a =C2=A0challenging c=
ouple of days, but I'll find a way to get through. Oh baby thank you for th=
e mails, the sweet and supportive words. You are indeed a sweetheart.=C2=A0
Honey another night without you by my side ... sometimes I do not have a cl=
ue about how I will be able to pull through this, or where I will get the s=
trength to make it through the empty days and lonely nights. The day I will=
have you in my arms is all that keeps me going.
I love you so deeply there are no words to explain the tremendous tidal wav=
e of emotions flowing through me just from the sound of your voice, the men=
tion of your name, the vision of your smile or thoughts of you.
Today I love you more than yesterday and less than tomorrow, as my love for=
you grows with every passing hour. I love you more than "Love."=C2=A0
Please take good care of you for me until I'm back, and please don't worry =
I'll figure a way to get past this ephemeral phase.=C2=A0
Forever faithfully your man with pride.=C2=A0
#353484 by Gingerpootsie Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:02 pm
Someone named Richard Olsen has contacted me. We have not spoke on the phone but his story is quite similar. Do you have the photos that he sent? He has sent me photos too. I need to know if he's real or am I being scammed too. Please reply. Please. Thank you.
#353489 by Bryon Williams Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:07 pm
AlanJones wrote:Anyone who begs strangers for money is a scammer.

No one goes overseas with no access to money and if he really was stuck, he would be able to get assistance from the Embassy/Consulate wherever he is.

Please post some of the emails from the scammer (particularly the one where he provides you with the bank account so that we can report it to the authorities for fraud) and any email addresses, telephone numbers and websites he has given you.

The best thing to do is cut off all contact with him. Just disappear, don't give him any excuses or accuse him.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#353632 by Gingerpootsie Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:19 pm
Regarding my post, this man, Richard Olsen, has not asked for any money. Yet. Similar background though. 60, adult daughter in CA, oil, engineer.. so I was searching him online and read her post. Coincidence or is it the same guy?
I appreciate your response and advice. I am so cautious. Thanks for this site too!
#353633 by TheScamHater Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:21 pm
Please post his email along with his address while removing any personal details that might identify you

In addition to your post, he might not be asking for money now because he is trying to build up trust.

If a stranger on the Internet asks you for money, no matter how well written their stories are, IT'S A SCAM, period. If it were real, he would not be contacting random people over the Internet. Do not be sucked into his lies.

Do not send money (especially Western Union Money Gram) to a stranger on the Internet! It's a scam! No matter the reason! Don't trust them!

DO NOT tell a scammer his information is posted here or you know he is a fraud
#353700 by Gingerpootsie Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:18 pm
Well this Richard Olsen almost had me. But he is definitely a scammer. Told me he grew up in the U.K. Still lives there. I asked for his number to message and it was a NewYork area code. He gave me a big story why... I told him to call me on the phone. Well, he sounded Nigerian. Lol. I got all the answers I needed in the first 3 words. The internet is a scary place. Thanks for your site!!
#353702 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:24 pm
You may have.

However, you did not help out other women by posting his information.

I guess when they get scammed we will find out.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#353754 by Gingerpootsie Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:11 pm
I don't know how to post emails without giving my info as well. I am not that computer savvy. I will ask my son to help me with it tomorrow.
I would love to help other women not get caught up in the same nonsense. We met on social media, not dating site.
#353755 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:13 pm
Just copy and paste the emails with the email address.

Then "xxxxx" out your personal information and submit.

#353861 by Gingerpootsie Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:53 pm
Richard Olsen < [email protected] > wrote:

Darling I know, the best way for a person to be romantic is by being your own self. Don't let others tell you what to do. Come up with something no one would expect. Take one night out and find out each other's needs and rules. These play a big part in relationships. For example -- some people are turned on more visually -- so presenting a flower says much more than saying, 'I love you.' Others like hearing the words more than having something done for them. Still others like to get a feeling - a touch, a hug -- most people like a combination of these. Sit and discover each other's needs. I really shall respect your decisions, and I will respect you too, I know we ought to feel each other, But yes I don't really rush lovemaking. But at same time, it's paramount to take the time to pay attention to your mate. Not only try to please myself , but make to sure that everyone is okay.. During and after, I would your eyes (look into each other's eyes). No words are needed. Just looking in each other's eyes at such an intimate time is such an overwhelmingly wonderful feeling.Even if you live close to your loved one, even if you are married with me , loving letters show that you love me forever. They show that you are willing to expend time showing that person how much you care. They mean even more, of course, when there is a distance to overcome. because being vulnerable with your lover shows that you trust him or her and strengthens bonds between the two of us.Often the greatest way to show your love is by giving someone your trust. Open up and tell your mate something about you that no one else knows. It's a sure fair way to let me know how special they are and how much did i mean to you
"The best way that I have found to show that you love that person is to pay attention to what i tell you to do .. It's a very easy thing to do, but it is often overshadowed by personal thoughts or wants.A true token of love, to me, is an ability to share a playful moment together. If we become couples and usually share work, home life, quiet times and intimate times, It wouldn't be nice because play is the most romantic and connected feeling of all. When I meet special someone like you, I can fulfill all my desires in your soul, my only hope is that we will be able to remain playful throughout our lives!" i belive GOD have sant you to me forever.I wish I could see through your eyes so I would know what you like to see. I wish I knew your wishes, so I could give you everything you want. I wish I dreamed the same dreams you do, and together we could make them come true. I wish I knew what makes you happy, so I could make you the happiest person in the whole world. And lastly, I wish I were a cell in your blood, so I would be sure I was somewhere in your heart..I think a good relationship requires being each other's best friend, and trusting one another. I think each should respect the other's opinion and that stupid arguments over stupid things are healthy, as long as they are not taken too far. All I ask is for a chance in your life... I will be the best man you have ever seen, it's a promise. We shall have a future plan, you need not worry about that, I just need your love.
#353862 by Gingerpootsie Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:55 pm
<[email protected]>

To: Me

Hi, this is Richard, I'm very happy, that you gave me your mail address , I'm so sorry, I couldn't send you a mail on time, I was busy..I think, that I and you -- we shall be the best friends and I think that it shall not stop and in the future we become people close to each other. But I want once again I shall tell, that we should not hasten. I know that we should get to know each other, and I hope that we can discover that we can truly be
free to express ourselves together and know each other like man and woman,That you would know me and I would know you. I am sure, that our relationship will stand all tests and we shall find that which we search. I want to inform
you, about myself. I was born 26/11/19578 in London. I'm half English and half Uzbek.
I live in wood green London...I think the summarization of my carrier is business..though I'm a Mechanical Engineer by profession. My father, he is English,I grew up being so close to him, and often traveled on business deals with him, and My mother, is originally from Uzbekistan, that makes me trade and invest on Natural resources. Uzbekistan has the fourth-largest gold deposits in the world. The country mines 80 tons of gold annually, seventh in the world. Uzbekistan's copper deposits rank tenth in the world and its uranium deposits twelfth, my business is normally on natural resources , Like Uranium, Oil and gas, Copper, Gold..I once worked in Uzbekneftegas, Uzbek's national gas company ...I have a daughter Denise,born 22nd of January 30th,1998, I'm a widower. My wonderful daughter,(Denise) schools in America..she is studying English. She has never been with me, since she was little, I was divorced to my German wife before she died of cancer. I often travel to Indonesia, Uzbekistan , America and Papua New Guinea on business deals or contracts.At leisure, I like to go to cinemas to look teleshow. I very cheerful person, I like to laugh, I love films of a comedy. I sing and I play several instruments, I play guitar, French horn, trumpet, oboe, and a little piano would love to learn.
You could tell me about you too..
Kiss in a cheek.
Your friend, Richard.