Information on romance scams and scammers.
#353865 by Gingerpootsie Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:05 pm
This "Richard" person likes to chat on App. Hangouts. He would not answer my video calls. And only called once,for 10 seconds and disconnected when I questioned his accent. He had Nigerian or some weird accent. Not from the UK as he claimed.

From Richard: Hello , How was your day? I really care about you, I just want to to ask, if you have Hangouts on your device, we could talk better, so i can also call you... international call rate is high...and I really want to be with you
Advertisement

#353867 by Gingerpootsie Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:13 pm
How do I post pictures? The pictures he is using are very attractive. I feel so bad for the man who's identity is being used.

We connected on Twitter. I've blocked him from every possible way to connect with me. I hope other women catch on to this scam. Just awful.

Phone number he used : 518-638-4953
He would not give me his "U.K. Number"
He said this was his company's phone number. (Eye roll)
#353869 by Bryon Williams Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:19 pm
(518) 638-4953
Non-Fixed VoIP
e.g. Skype or Google Voice

How to post photo's >> viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

The first step is to make sure that all images you want to post here are marked as "FAKE" or "Used by scammer". When marking pictures, please make sure to mark them in a way that scammers can't copy them from here, easily remove your marking and re-use them for scamming. We don't want to be a resource for them.

Blot out children faces or do not post pictures with children.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#353875 by Gingerpootsie Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:46 pm
Richard Olsen also claims to be very religious, visits orphaned children etc.
Here is one of the emails I received:
From Richard Olsen:
Yes i pray for a wonderful day, for you and for me too..A day without worries, because God knows the number of hairs on our head.. he said in Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus".. have a nice day...,Thank you.
#353881 by Gingerpootsie Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:47 pm
Another Email message from Richard when I questioned his identity.

We need people in our lives with whom we can be as open as possible. To have real conversations with people may seem like such a simple, obvious suggestion, but it involves courage and risk.
Trust me... I know the internet is another world, but you really have to trust me..It's me, I just need someone in my life, seriously.. I'm just open. Take care of yourself.. I repeat again my dear, just trust me, and let's give this a trial. It's not easy for me too, just I just want to do this.
#353882 by Gingerpootsie Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:53 pm
Beware Ladies.

From Richard Olsen:

Thanks for replying my mail.. I really want to know your say on what I'm asking... I really want this relationship, I have been empty, my heart is completely empty... I need a woman/ I need a very wonderful woman like you in my life.. I really need you..
Proverbs 18:22....says, The man who finds a good wife, finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the LORD!... Then in proverbs 31:10 it says again....
Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies.. Please, i want it to be you, darling. I will be the best man you have ever seen.
#353889 by Gingerpootsie Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:03 pm
Re:Richard Olsen:
This email to me was written 8 days after he first contacted me.

<[email protected]> wrote:

I wish I could say this to you, face to face. I wish I was right there beside you, at your place/work place. I wish I could look deep into, your eyes and gaze. I wish we were together right now, to embrace our love’s blaze. Good morning. I still maintain that you give me your heart, I will really love and cherish it...I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Have a nice day darling
#353892 by Gingerpootsie Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:32 pm
Please Ladies, be smart. Beware.

Richard Olsen <[email protected]> wrote:
Forever and even more
is the promise I gave you
I will be holding that promise
my each and every day.
You will always be my eternal love
in every which way.
Until forever and more
you are my never ending desire
you are my everlasting lover
You are the one and I love you
and I'll allways treasure your love.
How was your day my darling? I hope you had a very nice day? And you have no problems or worries? Yeah, I know, because I prayed for you... have a very wonderful night rest.. Take care of yourself.. I want to grow old with you darling, I make that promise, and I will fufill it.. bye. Goodnight
#379693 by sks Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:34 am
Hello, I am currently talking to Richie Olsen. Do you have pictures of the person that is talking to you? He is local to me and I didn't notice anything strange until I read this post and it sounds familiar as far as background. We are supposed to go out Saturday. He knows the restaurants around here and we talk daily. Thank you. Please reply soon.
#379711 by AlanJones Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:17 am
The posts in this topic were made nearly a year ago, so it is unlikely the poster will return and even if they do, even more unlikely that they still have the photos.

The best thing you can do is post up some details of the person you are in contact with and we can tell you if it is a scam.

If he is a scammer, then sometime between now and Saturday, some emergency will crop up, making it impossible for him to meet you (or requiring you to send some cash to help him out).

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#379712 by sks Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:20 am
Thank you for your reply. It just got me wondering. I will take heed. Again, thank you for your quick reply.
#379716 by Gingerpootsie Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:45 am
I’m here and will happily answer any concerns regarding Richiolsen. I’ve still got photos too. I’ve tried to find the real person who these photos belong to. One photo was taken in the Ralph Lauren store in NYC Manhattan.