Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#247313 by iamnaj1 Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:35 pm
Hi! I wasted my time getting my hopes up for finding this online job in just 1 day in this link http://www.cebuclassifieds.com/detail.php?id=1533114. I sent a Mail to this gmail : [email protected]

then I got a quick response, here it is:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome!

This is a 1-day application processing.
Pls submit the following to proceed with your application.

(screenshot of the result and email it back in jpg)
1 typing test (any website)
2 Internet Literacy
-> http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/sto ... t-Literacy
3 updated resume with recent picture

Incomplete response will automatically discarded.
Your ability in following instruction is a must!

---
DANICA R. AMAHAN
Human-Capital Department/Operations

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I did what they ask, the typing test, that internet literacy thing in screenshots in jpg based on instructions and I sent my resume CARELESSLY. then I got this mail response:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Position previously applied was rush and was filled up.
At present we have new opportunity which we think suits you best.

Job Hiring:
VIRTUAL ASST
--------------------------------------
Must be adept to perform these task and similar independently
- online advertising (ad posting, blogs, forums,etc)
- maintain/update marketing materials inc. website
- research and learn new skills

rate is $250-600usd based on skills/experience.
flexible schedule as long as you can deliver
8hrs/day , mon-sat

and most of all, on top of his/her communication.
--------------------------------------

To proceed ..

There are series of questions we need to ask for us to
determine if you fit to what we are looking for.

Answer honestly and to the best of your level.
There's no right or wrong answer.

Essay:
Why should we hire you?
Google about online marketing, and let us what
can you contribute.
What is the most difficult situation you've been
lately:
- how you handled it
- and what was the end result.

Our team will evaluate your answers and we will
provide feedback asap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so I was trick, I did what they ask again, waste my time, because I have no doubt here because I thought this was not something fake. So the job im getting here now is " virtual assistant". After sending my response to them, this is their response:

Due to expansion,
we need someone that can start right away. ?
The Management decided to give it a go and HIRE you. ?

Pick your sched

12/9 12nn-9pm
8/5 8am-5pm
5/2 5pm-2am
4/1 4am-1pm

manila time
work is 6-days/wk , mon-sat
start within 12hrs from the time this email was sent.
failure means rate reduction. and more delay means more reduction.

---

Starting rate is P20,000 and we have
steady rate increase every 6-mos. ??Salary is
sent via paypal or xoom or western union
every 3wks from official starting date.

----

if terms above are amenable,
reply and specify "pref.sched = " + <choose seched>

ex. pref.sched = 4/1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so I said " YES! ", got my hopes up in this f*cking fake job. And I sent my response to them, Ive chosen the 5/2 time. Then Here's the last response I got:

you will work directly to our client
contact them by email = [email protected]

to be identified,
on the subject specify "@va-" + your fullname
ex:
@va-john doe

and provide the following information:
- time of shift
- salary payment pref (western, paypal, xoom,etc) and provide details
- determine salary date – 3 business weeks from today
(today is considered as your official starting date. Failure to start will be considered as absent/violation)

-end-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I was like. Wait.. I think im forgetting something. As an IT graduate, I forgot to research the background of the company, history, and their goals. Then I tried searching the company "iActWeb", and I did not get a reliable result. The name "DANICA R. AMAHAN the Human-Capital Department/Operations" in facebook and google, and only to find out it was just a kid? then I noticed the gmail in the last mail " [email protected] ", and it directed me in here by one of the post in this link : viewtopic.php?f=34&p=246347

Then I said, damn, a fake scam. I just want to share this post to anyone there like me finding home based job. I am disappointed in myself for wasting almost 2 days of my time getting my hopes up in this. I hope it will never happen to anyone there like me. Please spread
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added quotations.
Advertisement

#247317 by vonpaso xlura Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:45 am
Thanks for posting! Any time a company tells you "typing test (any website)" and has you send a screenshot of the result, it is fake. A real company would have you visit the company and take a typing test.

The job consists of receiving stolen money, buying items with it, and forwarding them to the scammer, or something similar. It is a scam.

No company pays by Western Union.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#254103 by eZyeil Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:51 am
Very same post as mine.
Gladlt I did not give any money.

The name was Carlo Roguel but the client is Brando Sinohin and I was asked to send Php500 at KRISTAMAE JONAS SARMIENTO when I searched to facebook. I have a more established life than her :laugh-s:
Last edited by eZyeil on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
#254107 by Bryon Williams Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:57 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post the emails sent to you with the email address and headers.

Remove your personal information prior to submitting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#266784 by Danilo Jr Arizala Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:10 pm
eZyeil wrote:Very same post as mine.
Gladlt I did not give any money.

The name was Carlo Roguel but the client is Brando Sinohin and I was asked to send Php500 at KRISTAMAE JONAS SARMIENTO when I searched to facebook. I have a more established life than her :laugh-s:

Web Developer po ako at hinahire ako ng taong ito si Carlo Roguel. Wala syang hinihingi and talagang may binibigay syang work at start na ako bukas. Ang kinakatakot ko lang baka mag aksaya ako ng 2 weeks tapos di naman nya ako bayaran. Ano po ba sa tingin nyo? sa skype kami nag-uusap not sure lang kung same person pinag uusapan natin dito.

Google Translate:
Web Developer and I'm a man hinahire Carlo Roguel. He does not ask and she really has provided work and I start tomorrow. The kinakatakot I might have wasted my 2 weeks after I paid her fawn. What do you think? Skype we talked just not sure if we are talking about the same person here.
#279503 by LegalCounsel Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:46 am
Mode Note: Please note that this post was made by the scammer himself in order to try and salvage his scam.
It has been left here for people to see how devious these thieves can be! He truly believes he can make false threats and we would believe it.

I represent Mr. Carlo Roguel. Kindly REMOVE his name on this thread or Post. He doesn't know the names that appear on this thread. The only person he knew is Mr. Danilo Arizala who is an applicant. Who by chance bears no discourse against Mr. Roguel because we already contact him and clarified his participation of CLARIFICATION only. We will proceed to legal action if his name (Mr.Roguel) is not cleared on this thread. Under any circumstance that: Mr. Roguel DOES NOT know the false claims and use of his name. We will act accordingly if his name is not cleared on this forum/post. We already reported this issue to the Hosting company and Google legal department for further action. So I suggest that the WEBSITE owner and FORUM Owner deletes his name immediately.

His name is apparently dragged maliciously and under revised penal code and International laws Internet Libel is the valid complaint. Unverified claims and use of someones name for the purpose of name slanding and misbehaviour is against the law. May we remind you. You leave us with no choice but to file a legal course of action if this is not properly dealt with.

Please act upon this Mr Bryon Williams. We will also need the details of the usernames dragging my clients name on this thread upon obtaining paperworks.So may we suggest that you drop his name because he is in no participation out of this forum.

Thanks
#279505 by Bryon Williams Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:16 am
This dumb scammer has sent me these emails with false threats.

Received: by 10.76.83.7 with SMTP id m7csp4132093oay;
Wed, 23 Dec 2015 19:43:23 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.202.230.17 with SMTP id d17mr14647804oih.60.1450928603167;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from BLU004-OMC1S23.hotmail.com (blu004-omc1s23.hotmail.com. [65.55.116.34])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id d1si6350158oeo.79.2015.12.23.19.43.22
for
(version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA bits=128/128);
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.55.116.34 as permitted sender) client-ip=65.55.116.34;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.55.116.34 as permitted sender) [email protected];
dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=hotmail.com
Received: from BLU185-W11 ([65.55.116.9]) by BLU004-OMC1S23.hotmail.com over TLS secured channel with Microsoft SMTPSVC(7.5.7601.23008);
Wed, 23 Dec 2015 19:43:22 -0800
X-TMN: [QiGejXuN/qDqlloN40USHWexZpk3NY2u]
X-Originating-Email: [[email protected]]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_6575dccb-2733-4aa8-aa6a-a3737afaaf54_"
To:
Subject: Formal complaint (CC of this email will be sent to my lawyer)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 11:43:22 +0800

Hi Mr. Williams,

If thats even your real name. I am actually mentioned to one of your forums.. One that you actually moderated.

Unfortunately, its dragging my name to the wrong side of the road. I have one of my staff already told me about this long time ago but I ignored it because its OBVIOUSLY FALSE and MALICIOUS.

Now to my defense, I think it is unfair that certain names such as mine will be dragged to fake scam reports without VALID PROOF or else it is grounds for LIBEL. Am I Right?

This scam report in your forum that has my name on it is definitely degrading and losing me enough credibility.

And to top it all, I am a person with a disability to begin with so, I don't know where these reports are coming from.

So I will request that you take down from your Forum these posts that puts my name in peril or I will file appropriate case against your hosting company courtesy of my lawyer and will definitely seek damages (moral and financial)

Here is the forum that you need to omit my name :

viewtopic.php?f=34&p=254107

I will expect a response from you regarding this matter. Thanks

Thank you

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#279506 by Bryon Williams Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:21 am
This dumb scammer has sent me this email with false threats.

Received: by 10.76.83.7 with SMTP id m7csp4178674oay;
Wed, 23 Dec 2015 22:10:11 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.202.202.137 with SMTP id a131mr16820760oig.32.1450937411403;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from BLU004-OMC1S9.hotmail.com (blu004-omc1s9.hotmail.com. [65.55.116.20])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id i126si32533761oib.131.2015.12.23.22.10.11
for
(version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA bits=128/128);
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.55.116.20 as permitted sender) client-ip=65.55.116.20;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.55.116.20 as permitted sender) [email protected];
dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=hotmail.com
Received: from BLU185-W37 ([65.55.116.8]) by BLU004-OMC1S9.hotmail.com over TLS secured channel with Microsoft SMTPSVC(7.5.7601.23008);
Wed, 23 Dec 2015 22:10:11 -0800
X-TMN: [Rlxai79Mn/3iyCEw0az+b50gsmKtrrtv]
X-Originating-Email: [[email protected]]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_e0040c09-a428-4927-8e9c-161fca0e012d_"
To:
Subject: RE: Formal complaint (CC of this email will be sent to my lawyer)

Those are the posts that bears my name on it.

Kindly remove my name on this forum or I will have my staff handle this with your Hosting company. Apparently I sense a resistance in your statements Mr. Williams.

First, you asked my staff to set up an account and answer/reply. So he did.

Second, This will be the final request to remove my name on the forum because there is no truth on this. I am 200 percent sure that I don't know any of these accusations and In no participation over this. In short someone used my name somewhere. If these individuals can not provide proof of malicious claims, you will be considered accessory and part of this as to you were FORMALLY NOTIFIED via email may I remind you.

So I will ask you again politely, to remove my name out of this.

(Copies of the communication/complaint will be given to GoDaddy and Hosting company together with Consular office in US in different states until we track down who you are also)

Thank you

#279511 by AlanJones Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:48 am
Is scammer Carlo Roguel (Oops, that's going to increase the link between Carlo Roguel and SCAMMER in Google even more :D) really so dumb as to think his fake lawer post and threatening emails will detract from the fact that he is asking people to pay money to get a job???

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#357499 by AlanJones Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:28 am
Please post any new details about scammer Carlo Roguel, such as new email addresses or websites. His other victims may be searching for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#358698 by Ivan101 Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:36 pm
With an email subject line - "Final Warning - This is not a THREAT"

This will serve as your final warning. We found out you are allegedly making insinuations and maligning

my name and believe me, you will be dealt accordingly in the Regional Trial Court in the Cordillera Region and you will have your day in court for slander/Oral defamation and Internet libel. Both criminal and civil cases will be filed against you.

We are communicating with forensics from PNP CIDG to trace if you are the one who posted such.

We already forwarded communication and proofs. We are waiting for the Internet providers to double check something and you will experience how serious this is. For the record, I have business interests everywhere. So if you think I scammed you, thats why we have receipts and most of all conversations.

Screenshot of conversations and violent reactions from you were all taken so believe me, You are in bad situation right now.

We are currently gathering necessary evidence. So if you think you are doing something that is right, this is the right time to come clean before you become a fugitive.

I am in the Philippines right now and have plenty of time to deal with this. I have more than enough employees but you are testing my patience. So you will experience how ruthless and bad ass my legal team is.

Thank you

Carl Roguel

(BCC: will be provided to Siguion-Reyna and Associates)