Room for Rent and other rental scams
#321538 by ParisRose Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:46 am
Home for rent. We were almost scammed by this email address. I knew something wasn't right and I googled this mans name. Just so happens Richard M. Ramsaley had passed away last year in August from the same town we were tying to get the home from. Guess we were talking to the dead! Anyway, here's the email address. Just for future reference! [email protected]
Advertisement

#362027 by MtnManJ0e Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:48 am
Same scam, different address and email.

[email protected] trying to rent house in Seaside Oregon.

:sad face: .. I Really hoped it was real, as I am all but homeless, and Needed it to be True ....... oh well, at least I found out the truth before sending any money,
#369124 by Miatheeditor Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:32 am
I was searching for a home to rent on CL. Clearly a bad idea.

From [email protected]:

“Hi, Thanks for your email. The house is still available. Let me start by introducing myself. I am hearing impaired,not deaf though just Hard of hearing and i am very new in this landlord business.. However, My name is XXXXXXX, I own the house located at XXXXXXX. The initial plan was to sell out the House which I tried, but sometimes the price was inflated by the realtor and it takes longer to sell. Because of this reason, i cancelled my contract with the realtor which is why i am renting it out now and i am handling it myself moreover i need a responsible person (With good credit) that can take very good care of it,as we are not after the money, but want it to be clean and for you to take it as if it were yours. Pet are allowed as long as they are not destructive. The rent is $750 and security deposit is $750. You are free to ask any more information you would like to know about the house.

DETAILS ABOUT THE HOUSE..

Number of bedrooms: 2,
Number of bathrooms: 2 full bath.

Rental price: $750 per month and security Deposit is $750 (Security Deposit is Refundable) Utilities included in monthly rent

Pets are Welcome. Pets fee : $100 One time payment

The address to the house is: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Get back to me so i can forward you the rent questionnaire i would want you to fill out

Regards“

I was really excited about a home to rent that wasn’t a ridiculous price. I hope someone finds this POS.
#379002 by Ultimate1990 Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:10 pm
---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 6:45 AM
Subject: Beautifully renovated Cape Cod on a corner lot with 2 bedrooms
To: xxxxx

Hi, Thanks for your email. The house is still available. Let me start by introducing myself.My name is PAUL J WILLING..I own the house located at 2725 24th Ave Kenosha, WI 53140. first and foremost,I am hearing impaired,not deaf though just Hard of hearing. I would have loved to be able to get to contact you on phone but due to my condition, emails are the fastest means for us to communicate now.

The initial plan was to sell out the House which I tried, but my agents inflates the price of house because of their selfish gains and it takes longer to sell.i am telling you this in case if you find the house on another website or you found a sign board in front of the house, that is the old adverts,Please ignore. I need a responsible person, i don't have a problem with your credit as long as you can take good care of the home. I want it to be clean and be taken care of as if it were yours. Pet are allowed as long as they are not destructive. The rent is $650 and the security deposit is $650

i'm away on my new job so i won't be able to come and show you around the house as i would have loved to, but attached below are pictures of the interior of the house so you can see what it looks like from the inside . You are free to ask any more information you would like to know about the house and also visit the location.the address is written below.

Number of bedrooms: 2
Address: 2725 24th Ave Kenosha, WI 53140
Rental price: $650 per month
Security Deposit: $650 (Security Deposit is Refundable)

Utilities included in monthly rent and Pets are Welcome.

Get back to me if interested so i can forward you the rent questionnaire i would want you to fill out

Regards
#399568 by lizzy88 Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:51 pm
This despicable human being is using so many different email addresses it's not even funny! My Mom and I almost got scammed here in PA! The listing was for 1224 Eaton Avenue. There was a For Sale sign out front as well. There are at least 3 listings on CL for the same exact property. One of them was listed for $697/month; and the other two were posted not even a month later for $600/month in each listing. The first listing made it sound like the house was actually for sale. The other two said for rent, and changed the words up a bit.

Name used: "Brian Young"
Emails used:
(I sent the email to this one first) chaddielinzey@ gmail
(The reply by this despicable human was FROM) ddp3040@ gmail
Another addy in one of the listings here near my town: shaughncarnaghan@ gmail

And literally the same damn outline as he sent to everyone else!

HOME FOR RENT <ddp3040@gmail
Mon, Oct 28, 10:31 AM (4 days ago)
to me

Hi, Thanks for your email. The house is still available. Let me start by introducing myself.My name is BRIAN YOUNG..I own the house located at (Somewhere in the Lehigh Valley), PA. first and foremost,I am hearing impaired,not deaf though just Hard of hearing. I would have loved to be able to get to contact you on phone but due to my condition, emails are the fastest means for us to communicate now.

------
In other news, I called the realtor because the house being listed for sale as well as for rent was a giant red flag to me. She said she's gotten at least 5 other calls for that same location, and everyone just reported the listing. There's more up, though. Report all listings you can positively identify as scams, folks!

Other red flags were present too but I don't want to list them in detail in case this piece of work gets smart and googles his own email addresses.

These idiots are persistent! NEVER SEND MONEY SIGHT-UNSEEN! I am so glad I listened to my gut instinct telling me something wasn't quite right.
#409385 by kapb12 Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:36 pm
Another scam from [email protected]. Luckily I caught this before any money was sent, but unfortunately I did share some personal information with this individual. This posting was for a house for rent in OBX, NC. Attached is the email I received:

"Hi, Thanks for your email. The house is still available. Let me start by introducing myself.My name is BRIAN E Holst..I own the house located at 524 W Landing Dr, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948. first and foremost,I am hearing impaired, not deaf though just Hard of hearing. I would have loved to be able to get to contact you on phone but due to my condition, emails are the fastest means for us to communicate now.

The initial plan was to sell out the House which I tried, but my agents inflates the price of house because of their selfish gains and it takes longer to sell.i am telling you this in case if you find the house on another website or you found a sign board in front of the house, that is the old adverts,Please ignore. I need a responsible person, i don't have a problem with your credit as long as you can take good care of the home. I want it to be clean and be taken care of as if it were yours. Pet are allowed as long as they are not destructive. The rent is $750 and the security deposit is $750

i'm away on my new job so i won't be able to come and show you around the house as i would have loved to, but attached below are pictures of the interior of the house so you can see what it looks like from the inside . You are free to ask any more information you would like to know about the house and also visit the location.the address is written below.

Number of bedrooms: 2
Address: 524 W Landing Dr, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
Rental price: $750 per month
Security Deposit: $750 (Security Deposit is Refundable)

Utilities included in monthly rent and Pets are Welcome.

Get back to me if interested so i can forward you the rent questionnaire i would want you to fill out

Regards"

The email that was posted on the CL ad was 'cazinoseda @.gmail.com'
Please be careful.