Room for Rent and other rental scams
#362408 by Michelle Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:59 am

Through this invoice message we have the pleasure to inform you that your transaction with your host​, Evelyn Dakka, has been approved and it is ready to go. Finish booking now to make it official and we are offering you full protection!

HOST INFORMATION Verified ID

Name : Evelyn Dakka

Contact address: ​​​​101 Carter Lane London EC4V 5EP United Kingdom

PAYMENT INFORMATION

In order to validate your booking payment of PLN 2040.00 has to be sent by Money Gram transfer in the next 24 hours in order to validate your booking.
How to complete the payment?
Our department require the payment to be done through MoneyGram money transfer service:
We have assigned an international agent to your transaction. We have escrow agents in the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Greece, Spain, Austria, France, Australia, Japan,Portugal,Czech Republic. The first available agent will handle the deposit for this transaction.
The payment will be made by MoneyGram money transfer service directly to our agent.

1. Please locate the nearest MoneyGram Office and make the deposit.

Click here and locate the nearest Money Gram office:

2. Make the payment using our Airbnb Verified Agent Details (name and address) as receiver.

Airbnb Properties Department Verified Agent Details:

Agent Name: Diego Rahen
Agent Address: 1 Barkston Gardens
City: London
Zip Code: SW5 0ER

3. E-mail us the transfer details for the verification with the following information from the MoneyGram receipt by replying to this message

- Reference Number - 8 digit number
- Sender's full name and address
- Receiver's full name (Airbnb Properties Limited Agent)
- Total amount sent

4. Please reply to this email with the scanned copy of the receipt you receive it from MoneyGram office .

Cancellation Policy
Flexible: Full refund 1 day prior to arrival, except fees.

Thanks,
The Airbnb Team

Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest

Sent with &#9829; from Airbnb HQ
The Watermarque Building, South Lotts Road,
Ringsend, Dublin 4, VAT number: 9827384L
Email preferences

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#362612 by Michelle Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:44 pm
Airbnb.com <[email protected]>

....... PAYMENT INFORMATION

In order to validate your booking payment of PLN 1900.00 has to be sent by Money Gram transfer in the next 24 hours in order to validate your booking.
Our department require the payment to be done through MoneyGram money transfer service:
We have assigned an international agent to your transaction. We have escrow agents in the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Greece, Spain, Austria, France, Australia, Japan,Portugal,Czech Republic. The first available agent will handle the deposit for this transaction.
The payment will be made by MoneyGram money transfer service directly to our agent.

Click here and locate the nearest Money Gram office: http://moneygram.pl/znajdź-lokalizację

2. Make the payment using our Airbnb Verified Agent Details (name and address) as receiver.

Agent Name: Juan Revven

3. E-mail us the transfer details for the verification with the following information from the MoneyGram receipt by replying to this message

- Total amount sent

4. Please reply to this email with the scanned copy of the receipt you receive it from MoneyGram office .

Cancellation Policy

Thanks,
The Airbnb Team
2016-04-01 10:54:25 +0000

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#362635 by Michelle Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:32 am

PAYMENT INFORMATION

In order to validate your booking payment of PLN 1419.00 has to be sent by Money Gram transfer in the next 24 hours in order to validate your booking.

Click here and locate the nearest Money Gram office: http://moneygram.pl/znajdź-lokalizację

Agent Name: Matias Mirken

- Total amount sent

Cancellation Policy

Thanks,
The Airbnb Team

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice or notification , kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#365868 by Jacob Pe Tue May 29, 2018 3:24 pm

Through this invoice message we have the pleasure to inform you that your transaction with your host​, Carolyn Cherisse, has been approved and it is ready to go. Finish booking now to make it official and we are offering you full protection!

Reservation Request

​​

ul. Klonowa,Kielce
Apartment - Entire home/apt • ​​​Fully furnished

Arrive
June 2018

Depart
Flexible
Rental costs / month: PLN 920.00​
Refundable damage deposit: PLN 920.00
Total to pay: PLN 1840.00
2015-10-04 03:24:17 +0000

Airbnb's profile photo
HOST INFORMATION Verified ID

Inline image 1
Name : Carolyn Cherisse

Contact address
: ​

​​101 Carter Lane London EC4V 5EP United Kingdom

Airbnb's profile photo
GUEST INFORMATION Verified ID

PAYMENT INFORMATION

In order to validate your booking payment of PLN 1840.00 has to be sent by Money Gram transfer in the next 24 hours in order to validate your booking.

Agent Name: Matias Pewen

- Total amount sent

Scam, I pressume? :(
#365877 by Jacob Pe Tue May 29, 2018 4:41 pm
Thank god I was smart enough to type similar mail to google and find you guys. Thank you very much, you saved my money!
#365923 by white2pl Wed May 30, 2018 4:45 am
"Hi
Through this invoice message we have the pleasure to inform you that your transaction with your host, Carolyn Cherisse, has been approved and it is ready to go. Finish booking now to make it official and we are offering you full protection!
Reservation Request

ul. Dworcowa 13,Bydgoszcz
Apartment - Entire home/apt •
Fully furnished

Arrive
June 2018
Depart
Flexible

Rental costs / month: PLN 910.00

Refundable damage deposit: PLN 910.00

Total to pay: PLN 1820.00
2015-10-04 03:24:17 +0000
HOST INFORMATION
Verified ID
Name : Carolyn Cherisse
Contact address
101 Carter Lane London EC4V 5EP United Kingdom

GUEST INFORMATION
(...)

PAYMENT INFORMATION
In order to validate your booking payment of PLN 1820.00 has to be sent by Money Gram transfer in the next 24 hours in order to validate your booking. How to complete the payment? Our department require the payment to be done through MoneyGram money transfer service: We have assigned an international agent to your transaction. We have escrow agents in the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Greece, Spain, Austria, France, Australia, Japan,Portugal,Czech Republic. The first available agent will handle the deposit for this transaction. The payment will be made by MoneyGram money transfer service directly to our agent.

Agent Name: Matias Herven

- Total amount sent

Cancellation Policy

Thanks,
The Airbnb Team
2016-04-01 10:54:25 +0000

Sent with from Airbnb HQ
The Watermarque Building, South Lotts Road,
Ringsend, Dublin 4, VAT number: 9827384L
Email preferences

2016-04-01 10:54:25 +0000"

Thats what I received. So this is all fake and I shouldn't send any money to them? I was just about to go to the MoneyGram and transfer the money but I decided to double check it before! Thanks God I did it!
#365924 by Bryon Williams Wed May 30, 2018 4:48 am
Make sure you can physically go inside any rental and meet the landlord face to face prior to renting.

Ask any questions you may have on Scamwarners if in doubt.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#365925 by white2pl Wed May 30, 2018 5:04 am
Hi there,
Thank you for your prompt response and for your kind email. If you are still interested I agree to rent it to you. I promise you that you will love the place. You seem to be a nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems. I prefer to rent my flat cheaper but to a nice and responsible person.
Obviously you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details because you cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen. I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it suits your needs.
The delivery for the keys (apartment keys, interphone, alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made through an authorized courier and using a Airbnb Trust and Saftey Account to make sure that we can trust each other.
I guess you had heard about AIRBNB. it is the largest rental site in the world and 100% secure.
Using Airbnb Trust and Safety Account involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and Airbnb as a responsible third party authorized to proper conduct of the transaction.
Here is the procedure explained :
The Airbnb Trust and Safety Account works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment, except that instead of a bank, we use Airbnb. Of course, nobody can touch that money until you have not returned the keys.
The escrow deposit, the first month rent + rental guarantee (910 + 910= 1820 PLN), must be filed by bank transfer to activate the escrow account.
The delivery will be by a licensed company such as DHL, Federal Express or UPS and it will be sent by Airbnb at your home.
To initiate the process, I need the following information about you:
-Shipping Address (address where you want the package to be delivered) and name of recipient;
-Delivery Schedule (local time you'll be at home to receive the package and sign the receipt);
-Phone number;
You don't need to open an account with Airbnb because this transaction is a rental and the Landlord must open the transaction, just send me your personal details and i will open a case with them immediately.
Then Airbnb sends you the keys and the contract already filled with your details; You will have 14 days to inspect apartment since the arrival date; If you want to keep the apartment, they give me the money, and we go on from there; If you do not keep the apartment, you send the keys/contract back to Airbnb and you get your money back.
This will be in writing in the Airbnb contract I will sign.
The Airbnb fees will be paid by me when I will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the money transfer fees when you pay the deposit.
I'll wait your quick reply and if you agree, I will need your full name, shipping address and your phone number (mobile if possible) so I can initiate the Airbnb rental transaction.
Thanks again for your time and look forward to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,

She also wrote something like that before so it looked pretty nice and true. I've never rented a flat via Airbnb but i thought it's possible in this modern world :P
#365933 by Jacob Pe Wed May 30, 2018 6:56 am
white2pl wrote:
Hi there,
Thank you for your prompt response and for your kind email. If you are still interested I agree to rent it to you. I promise you that you will love the place. You seem to be a nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems. I prefer to rent my flat cheaper but to a nice and responsible person.
Obviously you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details because you cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen. I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it suits your needs.
The delivery for the keys (apartment keys, interphone, alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made through an authorized courier and using a Airbnb Trust and Saftey Account to make sure that we can trust each other.
I guess you had heard about AIRBNB. it is the largest rental site in the world and 100% secure.
Using Airbnb Trust and Safety Account involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and Airbnb as a responsible third party authorized to proper conduct of the transaction.
Here is the procedure explained :
The Airbnb Trust and Safety Account works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment, except that instead of a bank, we use Airbnb. Of course, nobody can touch that money until you have not returned the keys.
The escrow deposit, the first month rent + rental guarantee (910 + 910= 1820 PLN), must be filed by bank transfer to activate the escrow account.
The delivery will be by a licensed company such as DHL, Federal Express or UPS and it will be sent by Airbnb at your home.
To initiate the process, I need the following information about you:
-Shipping Address (address where you want the package to be delivered) and name of recipient;
-Delivery Schedule (local time you'll be at home to receive the package and sign the receipt);
-Phone number;
You don't need to open an account with Airbnb because this transaction is a rental and the Landlord must open the transaction, just send me your personal details and i will open a case with them immediately.
Then Airbnb sends you the keys and the contract already filled with your details; You will have 14 days to inspect apartment since the arrival date; If you want to keep the apartment, they give me the money, and we go on from there; If you do not keep the apartment, you send the keys/contract back to Airbnb and you get your money back.
This will be in writing in the Airbnb contract I will sign.
The Airbnb fees will be paid by me when I will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the money transfer fees when you pay the deposit.
I'll wait your quick reply and if you agree, I will need your full name, shipping address and your phone number (mobile if possible) so I can initiate the Airbnb rental transaction.
Thanks again for your time and look forward to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,

She also wrote something like that before so it looked pretty nice and true. I've never rented a flat via Airbnb but i thought it's possible in this modern world :P

Hahahahahaha I`ve got same e-mail as you :) What a joke...
#373122 by Michelle Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:31 am
Airbnb.com, <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

Please review the rental details below and contact your host, Laura Humten, to confirm the payment and arrival details. Finish the booking now to make it official and we are offering you full protection!

In order to validate your booking the payment of Euro 480.00 must be done within 24 hours by international bank wire transfer to our secure account:

Account Name:
BANK NAME:
IBAN:
SWIFT CODE / BIC:
ADDRESS: FORMISANO MANUEL
BancoPosta
IT67T0760101400001043090636
BPPIITRRXXX

Via Cordusio, 4, 20123 Milano MI, Italy

IMPORTANT! - Please use the fast option ( URGENT / EXPRESS ) to transfer the money. In this way the bank will process your payment in 24 hours and we can move fast with the transaction.In order for our system to easily identify your payment please use the following reference/purpose of payment message "419" when performing the transfer no other words, spaces or dashes.
Send the scanned receipt to [email protected] in order to register the payment.
Once our bank will confirm the transfer we will inform the host that you are a verified tenant and the rental agreement can be completed.

After the payment is confirmed, our agent will contact you to meet and visit the apartment;
- If accepted: you will sign the contract with the agent and he will give you the papers and keys.
- If you refuse to rent the apartment, Airbnb will give you a full refund of the deposit.

If you have any problem or delay in the payment procedure, please reply to us immediately!

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice or notification , kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#373928 by Mike Wilson Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:29 pm
international bank wire transfer to our secure account:

Account Name: SPINOSO VERONICA
BANK NAME: BancoPosta
IBAN: IT79E0760101400001043334653
SWIFT CODE / BIC: BPPIITRRXXX
ADDRESS: Via Cordusio, 4, 20123 Milano MI Italy (Noted MB)

IMPORTANT! - Please use the fast option ( URGENT / EXPRESS ) to transfer the money. In this way the bank will process your payment in 24 hours and we can move fast with the transaction.In order for our system to easily identify your payment please use the following reference/purpose of payment message "AC877CWB" when performing the transfer no other words, spaces or dashes.
Once our bank will confirm the transfer we will inform the host that you are a verified tenant and the rental agreement can be completed.

After the payment is confirmed, our agent will contact you to meet and visit the apartment;
- If accepted: you will sign the contract with the agent and he will give you the papers and keys.
- If you refuse to rent the apartment, Airbnb will give you a full refund of the deposit.

If you have any problem or delay in the payment procedure, please reply to us immediately!

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#377039 by Michelle Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:11 pm

Please review the rental details below and contact your host, Sophia Awelon, to confirm the payment and arrival details. Finish the booking now to make it official and we are offering you full protection!

In order to validate your booking the payment of Euro 480.00 must be done within 24 hours by international bank wire transfer to our secure account:

Account Name:
YODRIANA SANCHEZ SAENZ
P. TECHNOLOGIES LTD
GB12PRTC00998500127016
PRTCGB21
Sheldon Square 3, W2 6HY London, United Kingdom

IMPORTANT! - Please use the fast option ( URGENT / EXPRESS ) to transfer the money. In this way the bank will process your payment in 24 hours and we can move fast with the transaction.In order for our system to easily identify your payment please use the following reference/purpose of payment message "419/APP" when performing the transfer no other words, spaces or dashes.

#379640 by Mikepow Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:42 am
Hello,

Thanks for your email query regarding my apartment located in: Bydgoszcz, ul. Dworcowa 13
I'm sorry for the delayed answer i just got back from vacation.
I am sorry but i do not speak polish. I lived all my life in United Kingdom. This apartment is inherited from my grand-parents who lived in Poland. Now the apartment is empty and i want to rent it.

My name is Sophia Awelon. I'm a research engineer for a pharmaceutical company .

The apartment is completely furnished with high quality furniture, all the necessary equipment and appliances. New fitted kitchen . The apartment is in excellent condition, very clean and well kept. You have full access to all building amenities, near you have public transportation, coffee's shops and other facilities. Pets are allowed.

The rent will be PLN 920 per month including all utilities (water, electricity, internet, cable ). The time period for the lease is negotiable - what ever suits you well. I am asking for a rental guarantee (kaution) equal with 2 months rent because as you can see in the pictures my apartment is finished to high standards. The rental guarantee will be refunded at the end of the contract in full.
If further interested, please give me some information about yourself (age, job, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant).
Also please let me know how many people would be living on the property and exact date when you would like to move in.

Here are more pictures with my apartment: https://postimg.cc/gallery/i1kfgmyq/

Known adress to good to be true