Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#364318 by Lewis1932 Sat May 12, 2018 1:11 pm
Hi all

I've been looking at buying a second hand Qashqai on ebay and both of the vehicles I was interested in turned out to be scams. I thought I would post on here and hopefully stop someone from actually getting fleeced for thousands of pounds. The first car was a classified listing and the car was apparently in Hemel Hemspted. When I made contact I received a text from 07451228045 telling me that they were deaf so couldn't speak to me. This was followed by an email advising that they were currently working in Scotland, the car was being held in an ebay warehouse and they would ship the car to me at heir expense after I paid the asking price into an Escrow account. I reported the fraud to ebay and the listing was removed.

Two days later, I saw another Qashqai again a classified ad and this time the car was in Ilford. After making contact I received an email from a

'Lisa Shirley' -
'The 2012 Nissan Qashqai +2 is available and the final price is £5750.I am the registered owner and i have all documents.This car is in excellent working conditions,ONLY 49,500 miles,no scratches or dents,no accident, no hidden defects. HPI clear. It has full Nissan service history. MOT due 20 April 2019.

I am at my sister in Sweden and i left the car at the company to take care of the transaction.The car is still in UK at a shipping company http://www.Auto-Transport-ltd.co.uk and i can have it shipped to your location (I will pay the shipping) and we will use them as a third party.

Looking at the full header of the email from Lisa Shirley it was actually sent from [email protected] who on this website was up to the same tricks in 2017 using the dud company http://www.express-shippers.uk. I checked out Auto-Transport.co.uk and it doesn't appear to exist either.

Just these two scams would have raked in £10,000+. hopefully anyone who might be tempted to spend several thousand pounds on a car on ebay will run a google search first.
Advertisement

#396877 by towseruk Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:23 am
There at it again. This time as Alison Graham. This is what they sent through. Original ad for a motorhome on Freeads

Hi Henry,

The 1998 Autotrail Scout is available and the final price is £7,500.I am the registered owner and i have all documents.This motorhome is in excellent working conditions,ONLY 49,420 miles,no scratches or dents, no accident, no hidden defects. HPI clear. It has full service history .MOT due 9/6/2020.

I moved to my sister in Sweden and i left the motorhome at the company to take care of the transaction.The motorhome is still in UK at a shipping company www.Express-Shipping-Solutions.co.uk and i can have it shipped to your location (I will pay the shipping) and we will use them as a third party. All the documents are at the shipping company and come with the motorhome

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Thank you

How stupid do they think we are ?